Exam Day Instructions for JEE Main 2018
Last Updated -
March 01 2018
Central Board of Secondary Education, organizing body JEE Main, has announced new guidelines keeping in mind the health of Diabetic Patients. However, packaged food is not allowed to be carried inside JEE Main Exam Centres. Aspiring aspirants can now carry fruits, sugar tablets and transparent water bottles inside the exam centers.
This information is announced via JEE Main Information Brochure which read, “The aspirants, suffering from diabetes, are allowed to carry into the examination hall the eatables like sugar tablets/fruits (like Banana/Apple/Orange) and transparent water bottles. However, they are not allowed to carry packaged foods like chocolate/candy/sandwich in the examination hall.”
This step was a long-awaited and required decision to be taken by CBSE. The provision is comprised of JEE Main 2018 for the first time. This move will help aspirants suffering from diabetes to concentrate on paper and keep their sugar level balanced as the diabetic student's required frequent meals to avoid hypoglycemia which may otherwise affect their health.
According to the doctors, aspirants should also be allowed to carry cookies and not just fruits to help diabetic students keep their sugar level balanced and not hamper their health or performance in JEE Main 2018.
This year, CBSE has introduced a few changes in JEE Main 2018. They are as follows-
- This year, the exam will be organized in English, Hindi, and Gujarati only. Whereas, in year 2017, JEE Main was organized in English, Hindi, Marathi, Gujarati and Urdu Languages.
- There are also some changes made in an application form, number of exam centers and participating institutes.
- As per the latest changes announced by the organizing authority, the number of cities holding exam has gone up to 258 from 113 last year, including 10 outside India.
- The number of CFTI’s has gone up to 23 from 20.
- JEE Main Application form will also require scanned copy of Father/Mother/Guardian signature.
JEE Main 2018 Exam Day Guidelines
There are some main instructions that a candidate required to follow on JEE Main 2018 exam day-
- They required to be punctual and be current at JEE Main 2018 Exam Centre as per the reporting time.
- They have to register their name at the registration counter and carry JEE Main Hall Ticket and valid Identity proof for verification.
- Aspirants must sign attendance sheet in presence of examiner.
- No text material, printed or written, bits of papers are allowed inside the test center.
- No electronic devices like mobile phones, paging devices, calculators, spy cameras, etc. are allowed.
- They cannot leave the exam hall till the completion of the entire period of the exam time.
- On-demand, aspirants must show the Hall Ticket for admission in the examination room/hall.
- Aspirants claiming the relaxation under PwD category must carry the copy PwD certificate in the prescribed pattern allowed by the Competent Authority.
- They should ensure that the question paper available is as per their choice of medium. In case, the question paper is not in the medium of their choice, it should be brought to the notice of the related examiner.
- No aspirant is allowed to carry any baggage inside the exam center. JEE Apex Board will not be responsible for any belongings stolen or lost on the premises.
- Approach the Centre Superintendent/Examiner in the room for any technical assistance, first aid emergency or any other information during the exam.
JEE Main 2018 is a qualifying platform for almost 2,24,000 students to JEE Advanced. This year, IITs have increased 4000 seats, hence making it easier for more aspirants to qualify for JEE Advanced and aspire for their dream college.
Share on Whatsapp