MAT February 2018 Question Paper, Answer Key & Paper Analysis
Last Updated -
February 05 2018
MAT February 2018 has been successfully organized on Feb 4 in offline mode. While AIMA does not announce an official MAT Response Key, we have the solutions for all your examinees. The exam was of moderate difficulty level.
Questions from Language Comprehension, Mathematical Skills, Data Analysis and Sufficiency, Intelligence and Critical Reasoning and Indian and Global Environment are asked in MAT Exam. There were 200 objective type questions, for each accurate response participants will score 1 mark and 0.25 marks will be deducted for the wrong response.
Based on the number of accurate and inaccurate responses, participants can calculate their probable MAT Result and analyze their performance.
MAT Response Key 2018 Dates
The dates pertaining to MAT response key are given in the table below.
|MAT 2018 Exam Date||February 4, 2018|
|MAT Response Key 2018||Second week of February 2018|
|MAT 2018 Result Date||Last week of February 2018|
Read all MAT Exam Dates
MAT Response Key 2018 How to Download?
MAT response key will be available online by respective coaching centers. The link to download the response key will be offered on this page after it is made available. Step by step process to download MAT response key 2018 is explained below.
- Click on the link ‘MAT response key 2018’ (Link will be activated after it is announced)
- Look for the response key matching with your question paper code.
- Click on it and download the .pdf file.
- Cross-check the responses and calculate the probable score
About MAT Response Key 2018
- Coaching institutes announce memory-based MAT 2018 response key after the exam gets over.
- If the response key is announced it will be available online only in the .pdf pattern.
- Candidates are advised to download the accurate key corresponding to their question booklet offered during the exam if it is made available.
- Candidates should take note that AIMA will not announce MAT response key.
MAT Score 2018 How to Calculate?
Based on the number of the accurate and inaccurate response, participants can calculate the probable score. To calculate the score, participants have to follow the marking scheme prescribed by AIMA. Participants can check the MAT marking scheme below.
MAT marking scheme
|Marks for accurate response||+1|
|Marks for the wrong response||-0.25 or 1/4th|
Read MAT Exam Format 2018
MAT February 2018 Analysis
- However, as per to the exam takers, MAT 2018 February paper was a direct test but the section Data Analysis and Reasoning was somewhat dubious.
- MAT February 2018 offline test was conducted on February 4, 2018, in a single session and the online exam will take place on Feb 17.
- Many candidates also had difficulty in completing the paper as they didn’t adhere to the suggested time limit despite knowing their answers.
- Even few questions in the section on Indian & Global Environment were slightly difficult as compared to the previous years.
- The question pattern was similar to the previous year and the difficulty level was more or less similar.
MAT Result 2018
- The examination authority will also send the hard copy of MAT scorecard by post after the declaration of the result.
- MAT result will be declared via AIMA in the last week of February.
- Participants can see their MAT result and download the scorecard by entering their roll number, form number and test month.
- MAT scorecard will show the participant’s sectional marks, composite marks, and percentile.
What is MAT composite score?
- The Indian and Global Environment section is scored separately on a scale of 0 to100.
- The composite score is calculated based on the marks scored in language comprehension, mathematical skills, data analysis and sufficiency, intelligence and critical reasoning.
- From this, the composite score is calculated on a scale ranging from 200 to 801.
- Each section is scaled on a range of 0-100.
MAT 2018 Cutoff
- MAT Result will form the basis for selection for these pre-admission rounds.
- MAT Cut off 2018 will be declared through all the participating institutes in March.
- MAT Cutoff is the main stabilization utilized for screening aspirants for encouraging choice rounds-Group Discussion and Individual Interview.
- Participants can check the at least cutoff score for each college on its respective website.
The following table indicates expected institute-wise MAT cut off 2018:
Share on Whatsapp
|Top B-Schools||Expected MAT Cut off 2018|
|Christ Institute of Management||400|
|Japuria Institute of Management||400|
|IFIM Business School||500|
|TA Pai Management Institute, Manipal||700|
|Xavier Institute of Management and Entrepreneurship, Bangalore||700|
|Institute of Public Enterprise, Hyderabad||650|
|Department of Management Sciences, PUMBA (Pune University)||600|