DMRC Stenographer Examination 2018
Last Updated -
March 06 2018
DMRC, Delhi Metro Rail Corporation Ltd., provides different executive and non-executive posts for both Delhi and Noida Metro.
- Stenographer postcode is NE 09.
- Provides attractive remuneration packages
- It lies under non-executive post.
DMRC Stenographer Exam 2018 highlights Table
|Name of Exam||Delhi Metro Rail Corporation Appointment Test|
|Famously known as||DMRC Appointment|
|Type of Exam||Appointment/Employment Test|
|Held||Once a year|
|Mode||Online or offline|
|Tests comprise||Written test, psycho test, interview and medical fitness|
DMRC Stenographer 2018 Job Profile
The basic work of the stenographer is to take short-hand for secretarial assistance. They use short-hand and a steno-machine to transcribe information and commit it to the public record.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Fast and correct typing skills are vital for a stenographer job.
- Stenographers have to be licensed and certified in addition to passing a special exam.
- Stenographer transcribes spoken words by typing them into a steno machine, a kind of shorthand typewriter.
- Pay scale ranges from INR 10170 to INR 18500 per month.
- Other incentives range from INR 1000-8000 per month.
DMRC Stenographer 2018 Eligibility Criteria
Age limit: Age of the aspirant must be between 18 years and 28 years.
A relaxation in this is given to -
- PwD (general)- 10 years
- OBC - 3years
- Ex-servicemen- subject to maximum age of 40 years
- SC/ST - 5 years
- PwD (SC/ST) – 15 years
- PwD (OBC) – 13 years
Educational qualification: should have finished the Degree and possess a graduation certificate in any branch from a Government recognised university.
- 80 w.p.m. speed in Short-Hand in English or Hindi.
- Certificate of one-year course in Office Management and Secretarial Exercise
Medical fitness –
- A naked vision of 6/6 is need.
- For Post C1, Indian Rly. Medical Manual need as per medical standard.
DMRC Stenographer Application form 2018
Application form for DMRC Appointment 2018 is expected to start in month of November in 2017(tentative). The last date of filling the application form is 3rd week of December 2017.
- Go to the official website of www.delhimetrorail.com
- Select the notification that is for Stenography post vacancies.
- Click on ‘Careers.’
- Fill in the need details
DMRC Stenographer Exam 2018 Important Dates
DMRC organizes exam for a particular post only if vacancy is there
|DMRC 2018 Appointment Application Form announce||November 2017(tentative)|
|Last date to fill DMRC online application form||3rd week of December (Tentative)|
|Exam Dates for Stenography post||February 2018(Tentative)|
DMRC Stenographer Selection Procedure
There are 4 stages of selection process that the aspirant has to go via to get selected for the post of stenography in the DMRC. The four stages includes:
- Written Test (Two papers)
- Psycho Test (Qualifying)
- Individual Interview
- Medical examination in A-1 category
A aspirant will be selected for the job only if he/she is able to complete all the tests.
Exam Format for DMRC Stenographer
The written exam consists of 2 papers. Both the papers will be held on the same day at the same DMRC exam centre. Paper 1 will be bilingual (Hindi and English). Aspirants required to attain the at least qualifying marks in both the paper to complete the exam and move to the next round.
Paper 1: MCQ based questions are given to solve. There will be total 120 questions which required to solve. Time period of this paper is 90 MINUTES.
|Subject||Max. Questions||Max. Marks|
Paper 2: MCQ type question. It will have 60 questions for 45 minutes of duration.
- For every non-attempted question: 0 Mark
- For every right response: +1 Mark
- For every wrong response: -1/3 Mark
Syllabus for DMRC Stenographer
- Calendar First largest
- longest in world
- World Organizations
- General Geography
- Popular individualities
- Books and authors
- Major Financial/Economic News
- General Science
- Trade awareness
- Important Days
- Earth, Environment and Pollution
- Statistical Data- world
- Science and technology
- Prizes and Awards
- Computer Science
- Sports and recreation
- Inventions and discoveries
- National Events
- Solar system
- Simple interest
- Races and games
- Fractions and decimals
- HCF and LCM
- Measurements- areas and volumes
- Boats and streams
- Age concerned
- Elementary Mathematics
- Unitary Method
- Cube roots
- Clocks and calendars
- Commercial math
- Work and Wages
- Square roots
- Mixture and allegation
- Problems on trains
- Profit and loss
- Pipes and cisterns
- Chain rule
- Time and distance
- Compound interest
- Decimal Fractions
- Ratio and proportion
- Number system
- Linear arrangement test
- Direction and distance test
- Analogy test
- Coding-decoding test
- Symbols and notations
- Alphabet test
- Series test
- Statement conclusions
- Statements action
- Logic tests
- Classification test
- Statements arguments
- Data sufficiency test
- Blood relationship test
- Problems based on symmetry
- Non-verbal test series and non- verbal analogy
- Problems based on visual ability
- Data interpretation test
- Statement assumptions
DMRC Stenographer Paper 2
Paper 2: General English
- Spelling Mistakes, Idioms and Phrases
- Sentence Formation, Sentence Correction, Sentence Completion, Sentence Improvement, Sentence Reconstruction
- English Comprehension
- English usage mistakes, Inappropriate use of words and Sentence correction
- Sentence Formation
- One-word substitution
- Cloze Tests
- Synonyms and antonyms
- Formation and Re-arrangement of sentence in paragraph
- Re-arrangement of words in a sentence, spotting mistake and common mistakes
DMRC Stenographer Exam 2018 Study Plan
Aspirant required to prepare all the topics given in the syllabus to successfully clear the exam. Refer NCERT books primarily. For further reference consider the following books:
- General Studies - 2018 for UPSC, SSC, Railways, PSUs and Bank PO by B. Singh and A.P. Singh
- 14000+ Objective Questions - General Studies by Manohar Pandey
- Quantitative Aptitude For Competitive Examinations by (S.Chand) R.S.Agarwal.
- Fast Track Objective Arithmetic by (Arihant) Rajesh Verma.
- How to prepare for Quantitative Aptitude for the CAT Common Admission Test by Arun Sharma
- A modern approach to verbal and non-verbal reasoning by R.S. Aggarwal
- A new approach to Reasoning: Verbal, non-verbal and analytical by Arihant Publications
- Objective English for Competitive Examinations by Hari Mohan Prasad, Uma Rani Sinha
- Objective General English by SP Bakshi
- High School English Grammar and Composition by Wren and Martin
DMRC Stenographer Result 2018
The list of aspirants who are selected after the tests will be announced by the organization. This merit list will be considered for the final selection process. The joining letter regarding the same will be sent to the aspirants through mail or through the postal address they have given during registration. The result will be available on the official website www.delhimetrorail.com.
DMRC Stenographer Cut off 2018
The DMRC Appointment Results will be released on the official website in the PDF pattern. The cut off is prepared based on
- Difficulty level of the paper
- Number of seats available
- Marking scheme
- Total number of aspirants appears in the exam
Shortlisted aspirants are called for the selection procedure, which includes of three steps i.e. written test, Psycho Test and Individual interview. In the interview aspirants have to face the panel of four or more interviewers. Aspirants who completed the written test will be called for Psycho test and individual interview.
Share on Whatsapp