DMRC Maintainer Exam 2018
Last Updated -
March 09 2018
Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC) organizes yearly examination for various posts, one of which is Maintainer. There are different trades in which an aspirant applies based on their educational qualification.
- Maintainers are paid approximately INR 8000 to INR 14140 per month based on your trade specialization.
- DMRC Maintainer exam is generally organized in the month of February.
- The result of the DMRC Maintainer appointment examination is declared in the month of April 2018.
- DMRC organizes a medical test after the aspirant qualifies the examination, and there is no interview organized for this job.
This article highlights all the information regarding Maintainer like the job profile, responsibilities, from eligibility and from exam format to salary structure, from syllabus to the study plan you can follow to gain success in the examination.
DMRC Maintainer Recruitment 2018 Job Profile
The Job profile of Maintainer pertains to upkeep & maintenance of different Maintenance Systems & procedures, in connection with operation & maintenance of Metro.
Trains, and also for installation/ execution of different systems like Lifts, Escalators, Track, Structure, Traction/OHE, E&M, Signaling, Telecom/Automatic Fare Collection, Train Coaches, P. Way, works, Stores Depots etc., in shift duty including night shift.
Roles and Responsibilities for DMRC Maintainer
- You will also be trained in failure supervision to minimize the downtime at some stage in train service disruption.
- Operate to ensure operation of train services as per timetable and commuter comfort.
- The training for Maintainer: Electrical/Electronics/Mechanical/Civil varies from 06 weeks to 17 weeks.
- JE/Maintainers are in charge of providing precautionary and remedial maintenance for a variety of systems and passenger facilities.
On joining the organization, Junior Engineers/Maintainers are given course training for the period of four weeks followed by professional training in respective wings that comprises –
- Rolling Stock
- Telecom & Automatic Fare Collection System
Eligibility Criteria of DMRC Maintainer
- Aspirants having ITI (NCVT/SCVT) in specific trades only are applicable for the post of Maintainer.
- Details of all trades along with the vacancy list of Maintainers are given below in the table:
- The proof of passing/result should have been declared in public domain via newspapers/websites etc.
- Since there is no interview for the post of Maintainers, the final result of Maintainer job profile will be declared in public domain by DMRC.
|Branch/Trade||No. of vacancies|
|UR||OBC||SC||ST||On the horizontal basis|
|Ref and AC Machine||15||8||4||3||-||-||-||3|
DMRC Maintainer Application Form 2018
- Aspirants need to apply online via website www.delhimetrorail.com only. No other means/method of application will be accepted.
- Aspirants are must have a valid individual e-mail ID. In case an aspirant does not have a valid individual e-mail ID, they should create their new e-mail ID before applying online.
- After going to Career page on the official website of Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC) and open the appointment notification.
- The aspirant should thoroughly go via the vacancy notification first to let know the eligibility, age criteria etc.
- Aspirants must fill up all the details like age, individual details, educational qualification etc. in the application form.
- Aspirants will have to upload scanned copy of passport color photo, signature scan copy, OBC/SC/ST/PWD certificates. The size of these scanned copies should be within 100 kb and in .jpg/.pdf files only.
- A bank Challan with Bank Reference Number (the reference number will be unique) will be generated after, successful filling up of the application form which is used to pay the fee for the examination.
Exam Dates for DMRC Maintainer
|DMRC exam hall ticket can be downloaded from||January 2018|
|DMRC exam for Maintainer Fitter is expected to be scheduled on||February 2018 (Shift I, Shift II and Shift III)|
|Online exam for Maintainer Electrician will be organized in||February 2018 (Shift I, Shift II and Shift III)|
|February 2018 (Shift I, Shift II and Shift III)|
|February 2018 (Shift I)|
|DMRC Exam for Ref & AC Mechanic will be held in||February 2018 (Shift II)|
|Maintainer Electronic Mechanic exam will be organized in||February 2018 (Shift III)|
Exam Format for DMRC Maintainer
- Aspirants who qualify in Written Test and Rank High on Merit List to the extent of vacancies, as per reservation roster, will be called for Medical Examination in Bee-one standard by Delhi Metro Rail Corporation Ltd.
- For every wrong response, 1/3rd marks will be deducted by Delhi Metro Rail Corporation Ltd.
- Delhi Metro Rail Corporation Ltd. would release in the month April - June 2018 the Results of Maintainer (Electrician) / Maintainer (Fitter) / Maintainer (Electronic Machine) / Maintainer (Ref. & AC).
- The Written Test Paper is of 1½ hours duration.
- However, this is a tentative date as already informed by Delhi Metro Rail Corporation Ltd.
- There would be no interview for the post of Maintainer (Electrician / Fitter / Electronic Machine / Ref. & AC).
|Paper||Paper-I Technical and Aptitude|
|Method of the DMRC exam||Online|
|The medium of the exam||Paper-I English/Hindi|
|Number of the Questions||Technical/Professional - 75 Questions|
|General Awareness - 20 questions|
|Numerical Ability - 5 questions|
|Logical Ability Reasoning - 10 questions|
|General English - 10 questions|
Syllabus for DMRC Maintainer
|General Awareness||General Aptitude||Logical Ability|
|Indian History||Simplification||Number series|
|Indian Culture & Heritage||Pipes & Cisterns||Letter & symbol series|
|Present events – National & International||Dimensions||Verbal Classification|
|Indian Polity||Time & work||Essential part|
|Science & Technology||Problems on ages||Artificial language|
|IT & Space etc.||Percentages||Matching Definitions|
|Indian Geography||Profit & loss||Making decisions|
|Indian Economy||Ratios & Proportions||Verbal reasoning|
|-||Simple & Compound interest||Logical problems|
|Time & Distance||Statement & Conclusion|
Study Plan for DMRC Maintainer
- Analyzing the Earlier Year Paper and Creating the Concepts will be the biggest tool towards your Success.
- You must work on your speed, and exercise more to improve your speed.
- Every time you solve a question put yourself on a timer and try to beat your score each time you do it.
- Aspirants should incorporate and exercise time management in their daily life.
- These crucial tips will help aspirants to perform well and score well in DMRC appointment examination.
- Make a study schedule starting with topics you don’t know at all and then mix it up with one familiar topic.
- Understand, Exercise and Complete the Concept accordingly by exercise and Learning.
- You should begin by listing down few topics that cover the maximum in English Portion and Start preparing for the same.
Following a study plan, you can follow with which you will be well prepared within a month and can go with few mock tests and sample papers to be willing and raring to go.
|Total Number of Days||30|
|Number of Hours per Day||4 Hours|
|Hours dedicated towards General Awareness including Computer Awareness Preparation||30 Hours|
|Hours dedicated towards English Preparation||30 Hours|
|Hours dedicated towards Numerical Ability and Reasoning Preparation||30 Hours|
|Hours dedicated towards General English Paper II Preparation||30 Hours|
Cut Off for DMRC Maintainer
The Delhi Metro Rail Corporation Private Limited (DMRC) has fixed category wise Maintainer Qualifying Marks that is a must to be applicable for the further selection procedure.
Category Wise DMRC Maintainer Exam Qualifying Marks
Share on Whatsapp
|SC/ ST/ OBC||45 %|
|PH (GEN)||45 %|
|PH (OBC/ SC/ ST)||40 %|