CMAT Score 2018 to be Accepted by Top MBA Institute in Maharashtra

Last Updated - January 27 2018

CMAT is one of the most promising national level entrance exams and a channel for admission to the postgraduate management courses provided at the different good ranked management institutions across the country. Starting this year, nearly all the management colleges in Maharashtra will consider CMAT 2018 Result for providing admissions to their courses.

So, if you were aiming to do MBA from a B-school in Maharashtra, it is a great chance for you. You may prepare well for CMAT 2018, organized by AICTE, and secure a seat at your preferred management institute in Maharashtra.

Check CMAT Response Key, Question Paper and Analysis

Almost 60000 aspirants have registered for CMAT 2018 exam. However, many of them would be appearing for getting admissions to the predefined management colleges in India.

This article lists the top management colleges in Maharashtra that will accept CMAT 2018 score, for providing admissions to their management curriculums along with the expected CMAT 2018 cut off.

New Criterion of B-Schools in Maharashtra

Many top management colleges in Maharashtra such as SIMSREE, JBIMS Mumbai, K J Somaiya and GIM Goa have willing declared that they will use CMAT 2018 Result for admissions to their MBA courses. Additionally, other institutions in the state will also accept this score for admission to 2018-20 batches.

Note that all the business colleges in Maharashtra reserve 15% management courses’ seats for the aspirants in the all-India category. Earlier, these colleges were accepting only the CAT scores for admissions to their courses in the in the all-India category.

The new provision has comprised aspirants qualifying CMAT exam under the category of 15% management seats. This has given a sigh of relief to different MBA candidates who did not score well in the CAT exam.

This opportunity is giving them a second chance to get into the top MBA colleges in Maharashtra. You obligatory to note that these colleges are still free to set their own admission criteria even after using the CMAT 2018 scores.

CMAT 2018 cut off for shortlisting aspirants for these autonomous colleges will be various. Apart from this, some of these colleges may also set their sectional cut off for selecting aspirants for their programs.

Only CAT and CMAT Scores to be Considered

The Directorate of Technical Education (DTE), Maharashtra also confirmed that the management colleges in Maharashtra that participate in Maharashtra’s DTE-affiliated Centralized Admission Procedure (CAP), will accept the CMAT 2018 scores for MBA admissions in 2018. Read CMAT Selection Process

DTE Maharashtra also declared that these colleges will accept only the scores of the national-level exams- CAT and CMAT. No other exam will hold weight for the admission procedure at these colleges.

The 15% seats reserved for the all-India category will only be filled based on the CAT 2017 and CMAT 2018 scores. Apart from this, the remaining 85% seats will be issued to the aspirants qualifying the MAHCET 2018 exams. All the other top MBA entrance exams such as XAT, MAT, and ATMA are kept out for the admission procedure of Maharashtra colleges.

Expected CMAT Cut off 2018 for Colleges in Maharashtra

You must be curious to know CMAT 2018 cut off for admission to an MBA college in Maharashtra. For the ease, you may go via the expected CMAT 2018 cut off of below for the top management colleges in Maharashtra.

Management College NameLocationExpected CMAT 2018 Cut off Percentile
JBIMSMumbai99
K J SomaiyaMumbai97
N L Dalmiya Institute of ManagementMumbai96
PUMBAPune94
KSOM-KIITBhubaneswar95
IPEHyderabad90
AIMS InstitutesBangalore90
PSGIMCoimbatore94
BIIBPune90
VESIMMumbai94
O.P. Jindal Global UniversitySonepat (Haryana)90
IBABangalore90
IFMRChennai90

You must have established this article useful if you want admission to a management college in Maharashtra. All the best! The information explained there must be sufficient enough for you to decide in choosing one of these colleges for studying a management course.


Share on Whatsapp

Related News



Add Your Comment Displaying 0 Comments

Leave a comment

(Required)
(Will not be published) (Required)

Subscribe to News Letter