CMAT 2018 Cutoff for PUMBA
Last Updated -
February 01 2018
Founded in 1971, Savitribai Phule, Pune University’s Department of Management Studies is a center of excellence that provides aspirants a highly regarded MBA degree. It is a premier management college under the University of Pune and has a 5-star ranking.
PUMBA organizes three highly coveted MBA programs. To qualify for the MBA++ course of PUMBA aspirants will have to sit for either the CMAT/CAT/ATMA/XAT/MH-CET. There are 180 seats in the MBA++ program.
CMAT 2018 cut off for PUMBA is expected to be 210 marks or 96 percentile for Maharashtra students and 99.0 percentile for OMS. PUMBA has the special reservation for aspirants from Maharashtra state and Home University graduates besides SC/ST/OBCSAP category reservation.
Official CMAT cut off will be announced by PUMBA after CMAT results are out. Aspirants who qualify will be called for the second round (GD/PI).
CMAT 2018 Expected Cut Off
The cutoff marks/percentile is the marks an aspirant obligatory, to qualify for the second round (GD/PI). Cut off is usually higher for the All India category seats as compared to reserved category seats. There is no official cut off percentile announced by AICTE who organizes the CMAT. We can go from the viewpoint of experts and coaching institute and earlier year’s cut off as benchmarks.
Going by earlier years, an aspirant belonging to All India general category (Out of Maharashtra Students) will obligatory to score in the 99.0 percentile or above to qualify for the 2nd round.
For Maharashtra students, the cut off in the earlier years was 96 percentile. It is best to wait till the results come out as experts will then weigh in on the no. of students who gave the exam and the difficulty of the exam.
ReadCMAT 2018 Score to be Accepted by Top MBA Colleges in Maharashtra
Factors Affecting CMAT Cutoff
CMAT Cut Off varies from year to year. Factors affecting the cut off are -
- Number of aspirants appearing for the CMAT paper
- How well aspirants have performed
- Level of difficulty of the exam
- How many seats available
Key Points for CMAT 2018 Cutoff for PUMBA
The following points are to be kept in mind about CMAT cut off for PUMBA:
- Those who make the cut off will be called for an Individual Interview and General Discussion round. Check CMAT Selection Process
- Admission is via a Centralized Admission Procedure organized by DTE Maharashtra. Students will obligatory a single application to apply for MBA colleges in Maharashtra.
- Aspirants can either sit for MAH CET/XAT/CAT/CMAT/ATMA (anyone).
- A good CMAT score is a pre-requisite for getting via to the second round. But thereafter you will be judged on how well you do in Group Discussion and Individual Interview round.
- Out of Maharashtra Aspirants will obligatory a 99.0+ percentile score in CMAT to qualify for PUMBA.
- Good academic history and extra-curricular activities will definitely make your application stronger.
- Aspirants should check whether they fulfill the eligibility criteria before applying.
- Cut off for Maharashtra and Out of Maharashtra students will be various.
Earlier Year Cut Offs for CMAT
Every year the cutoffs are various because of the number of aspirants who give the exam and the difficulty of the exam itself. The difficulty of the exam also varies.
Some years, the quantitative section or data interpretation is more difficult than other sections, sometimes all sections are given equal importance.
In earlier years a score of 96th/97th percentile was good enough. Last year the cut off was 96.2 percentile (210). But every year the competition gets tougher and students are scoring higher.
CMAT 2018 PUMBA Eligibility Criteria
Department of Management Studies (PUMBA) provides 3 various MBAs with differing Eligibility criteria for each. MBAs on providing by PUMBA are MBA++, MBA (Biotech) and Executive MBA.
Eligibility for MBA++
- The aspirant should have scored 50% marks in aggregate or an equivalent Cumulative Grade Point Average (45% in case of OBC and person with the disability).
- Aspirants should possess a Bachelor’s degree or an equivalent degree in the 10+2+3 scheme from any University.
- Work experience is not mandatory.
Eligibility for MBA (Biotech)
- An aspirant should possess a Bachelor or Master’s degree in the field of Science (General or Special) with at least 50% marks scored in aggregate from a university recognised by the Association of Indian University (AIU).
- Work experience though not compulsory will nonetheless add more credibility to an aspirant’s application.
- Subjects majors applicable for MBA (Biotech): Biology, Biochemistry, Biotechnology, Botany, Chemistry, Environmental Sciences, Genetics, Life Sciences, Marine Biology, Microbiology, Physics, Zoology etc), Agriculture, Ayurveda, Medicine, Engineering, Pharmacy, Technology, Veterinary Sciences, Technology Engineering.
Read CMAT Cutoff 2018 for GLIM
How to Apply at PUMBA via CMAT Cutoff 2018?
PUMBA comes under the aegis of DTE Maharashtra and follows their admission criteria and process. There is a Centralized Admission Procedure (CAP) for MBA institutes of Maharashtra done under authority off DTE Maharashtra.
Aspirants will have to sit for MBA entrance exams. The exam is held in the month of January, while the results are out in February. PUMBA takes into consideration CMAT Result to shortlist aspirants.
Students can apply for CMAT by registering on the AICTE-CMAT website - www.aicte-cmat.in/. Registration begins in the month of October.
Steps to Apply
Aspirants who are looking to apply to PUMBA for MBA have to follow steps mentioned below.
- Aspirants will have to visit the website i.e. dtemaharashtra.gov.in
- Click on the ‘Apply Online’ tab
- Go ahead register by clicking on ‘Click here for new Register’
- Enter your credentials like Name, Contact Details, E-mail id, and Mobile Number
- Enter a valid e-mail id and phone number. You will receive your Registration Id and Password there.
- Check your mail for the system generated Registration Number and Password. The registration number and password will also be sent to your mobile. Please make a note of it.
- Use the Registration Number and Password to log in to your account.
- Fill in all fields like Name, Father’s Name, Contact Information, Academic Information.
- Double check all the information you’ve entered. Make sure it is accurate. Click next.
- Upload a scanned copy of a recent passport size photo and a signature.
- Review your application once before clicking ‘Submit’
- If you’re satisfied, go ahead and click on the ‘Payment’ tab to pay the application fees.
PUMBA Application Fee
- On successful payment of fees, an e-Receipt will be generated. Please save it and take a print out of the ‘E-receipt’.
- The application fee for the MBA++ is Rs. 1000 for General category and Rs. 1000 for Reserved category.
- If an aspirant decides to pay via bank deposit, he will first have to generate it online. Take a print out of it and go to the bank discipline to deposit the fees.
- Aspirants should print out their e-receipt they will obligatory to submit with their application form.
- You can pay by using either your Debit/Credit/Internet Banking or via bank deposit.
- Payment tab will forward you to the integrated Payment gateway.
- Choose your method of payment. If you’ve chosen Debit/Credit, then fill in your card details.
- If you’ve selected Internet banking then enter your accurate Account Details and click ‘Make Payment’.
CMAT 2018 PUMBA Selection Procedure
The selection procedure for PUMBA has 3 steps:
- Aspirants will first obligatory to sit for one of the qualifying exams. PUMBA uses scores of CMAT/CAT/ATMA/XAT/MH-CET. Aspirants obligatory to score an at least cut off stipulated by the college to qualify for the 2nd round.
- Aspirants who score more than the cut off will be called for the second round. The second round will consist of Individual Interview and Group Discussion. Read CMAT Selection Procedure 2018
- Aspirants will have to complete both these stages to be applicable for admission.
Aspirants should satisfy the eligibility condition for admission to be granted to them.
Share on Whatsapp