Central Railway (RRCCR) Recruitment 2018 for Goods Guard Post
Last Updated -
February 27 2018
The Central Railways promotes employees to Goods Guard via a General Departmental Competitive Examination (GDCE). All the applicable regular serving Railway employees of Central Railways can apply for the post of Goods Guard which has Level-5 grade pay in 7th pay commission.
Click here to View/Download RRC Central Railway GDCE Official Notification
There are total 125 posts for the Good Guard and out of which 65 are reserved for General category and 33 for OBC category. For, SC category aspirants 17 and 10 posts are reserved for ST aspirants.
Who can all apply for RRCCR Goods Guard Post?
Only those who are serving as regular employees in Central Railways are applicable to apply. However, those must be working in lower than the Level of pay for which the departmental exam is being held. Also, employees working on the same Level of pay can apply for selection from Non-Safety to Safety as well as Safety to Safety posts.
Basically, aspirants working in level 5 and below are applicable to apply. Those who are awaiting their final results of the degree NEED NOT apply. If we talk about educational qualification, aspirants should have passed a degree from a recognised Board/University/Institute.
Coming to the age limit, the maximum age limit for appearing in the departmental exam will be counted as on the date of notification (i.e. as on 01/12/2017) as shown in below table below:
|Category||Age||Born on or after|
How to apply for RRCCR Goods Guard Post?
Interested and applicable aspirants can apply ONLINE by visiting www.rrccr.com.
- Click on - “Online application for Goods Guard under GDCE quota”
- INSTRUCTIONS: Please go via the instructions cautiously
- Click on - “Click here to proceed for online application”
- Click on - “Click here to register”
- Fill in the details for registration as per the need fields on the Registration page
- Check each and every detail entered cautiously. You will not be able to edit these details after once you
- click on the "Register" button
- Registration number and password will be sent to your registered e-mail address, and, a One Time
- Password (OTP) will be sent to your registered Mobile number on successful registration
- In case you have entered accurate email ID and still do not receive the email, please check your Spam,
- Junk folder. The email may have come in this folder also like Spam/Junk email
- Enter OTP as received on your registered mobile
- Click on - “Verify Mobile No.”
- In case OTP is not received, click on “Re-Send OTP”
- In case the mobile number is not correct, click on the checkbox to enter the accurate mobile number. This new Mobile number will be updated with your registration and the new OTP will be again sent to this new Mobile Number.
- Change the password
For further detailed instructions for filling up online application –Click Here to View Instructions for filling Online Application
RRCCR Goods Guard Recruitment Exam Format
- The question paper will have 100 questions, each carrying one mark and the period of the examination will be 90 Minutes.
- There will be negative marking of 1/3.
- The departmental exam will be a Computer Based Test (CBT).
- The question paper will be in 5 languages i.e. Marathi, Hindi, Kannada, Urdu, and English.
- The questions will be of objective type with multiple choices and are likely to comprise questions pertaining to General Awareness, Arithmetic, General Intelligence, and Reasoning.
RRCCR Goods Guard Recruitment Selection Procedure
The procedure will include a Computer Based Test (CBT), followed by Document Verification and Medical Examination.
- Sample mock test will be uploaded to the RRC’s website www.rrccr.com well before the CBT so that the aspirants become familiar with the CBT process.
- The selection will be made strictly based on the merit in the computer-based test.
- The selected employees under GDCE will have to pass prescribed training courses prior to recruitment to the post for which they are selected.
- Probable date of CBT is March/April 2018.
- The date, time and venue of the CBT will be fixed by RRC CR and will be intimated to the applicable aspirants in due course.
- Shortlisted aspirants will be called for verification of their original documents and Medical Examination.
Goods Guard is the in-charge of a goods train. Erstwhile, in 6th CPC they had a Grade Pay INR 2800. So, now they start with a salary of INR 30,000 to 35,000 per month. Goods Guard salary package falls in in Level-5 of 7th CPC which means salary between INR 29,200-92,300 per month.
RRCCR Goods Guard Recruitment 2018 Instructions
- Aspirants should register their name at the registration counter and carry the e-Admit card and a valid ID proof for verification.
- Aspirants are not allowed to carry any text material, printed, or written, bits of papers or any material except the e-Admit card inside the test hall.
- Aspirants are not allowed to leave the test hall till the completion of the entire period of the exam time. The period of the entrance examination will be of 90 minutes.
- The questions appearing on the screen will be in the chosen language. All questions will be of Multiple Choice Question (MCQ) types.
- Aspirants must ensure that the computer allotted to them is switched on and if there is any problem with the computer, it should be informed to the examiner immediately.
- Aspirants must be current at the test center as per the reporting time mentioned on the e-Admit card.
- Aspirants are not permitted to carry any electronic devices like mobile phones, paging devices, calculators, spy cameras etc.
- They should also sign the attendance sheet in the presence of the examiner. Biometric registration is a part of attendance and admit card verification procedure and RRC reserves the right to carry out the same either before or during the examination
Share on Whatsapp