CAT Scholarship Tests 2018 Provided by Coaching Centers
Last Updated -
March 05 2018
With the majority of the would-be workforce in India targeting to ride the MBA bandwagon, IIMs are the most coveted schools to go to for management education and CAT to retains its prominence for the ticket to the IIM.
Known for being the toughest entrance test of all, nearly all MBA candidates seek guidance from numerous CAT coaching centers, providing expert guidance and skills to ace the exam.
Most of the coaching institutes worth their salt conduct CAT Scholarship Tests to entice aspirants to enroll in their Test Preparation Programs. The reward provided is a full or partial waiver of program fees in the form of scholarships to deserving aspirants who enroll in the Coaching Programs.
In this article, we discuss a few of the most prominent MBA Coaching Institutes providing CAT Scholarship Tests to prospective students.
CAT 2018 Scholarship Test by TIME
TIME or Triumphant Institute of Management Education conducts the TIME Talent Search Examination (TTSE) at specific cities or regions to identify and provide test preparation fee scholarship to exemplary students keen to appear for CAT. TTSE, in a 1.5-hour MCQ-type online test, evaluates applicants’ Verbal and Quantitative Ability, and Data Interpretation Skills.
Bangalore saw one such Talent Search Examination is organized by TIME on February 10-11, 2018 while the next TTSE is coming up in Hyderabad on February 25, 2018.
Highlights of the Talent Search Examination are:
- TTSE results can be collected from the same centers after 2 days of examination.
- The test includes 30 multiple choice questions. The distribution of questions is equal between the sections Quantitative Ability, Verbal Ability & Reading Comprehension, and Data Interpretation & Logical Reasoning.
- TIME provides Fee Scholarships or Discounts up to 100% on CAT Classroom Programs depending upon the percentile scored on the test.
- TTSE are organized at TIME Centers as and when such an event is conducted in a particular city or region.
- Select aspirants are provided early bird discount in course fees for enrolling within specific date in the CAT Classroom programs.
- The test is designed along the lines of CAT exam format to give aspirants a simulated experience of the real deal. This helps aspirants to gauge their personal level of preparation
- Aspirants participating in the TTSE can benefit immensely from an exposure to the CAT exam format in a timed environment as well as an understanding of strategies need for tackling such tests.
- There is no Application Fee for the Scholarship Test. Aspirants can register on the TIME website once the notification for the test is announced or visit a TIME center in the city where the test is scheduled.
CAT 2018 Scholarship Test by Career Launcher
Career Launcher provides a scholarship opportunity to aspirants want preparation guidance for CAT, in the form CAT Scholarship Test. Aspirants can avail up to 100% fee waiver depending upon their performance in this merit-based scholarship test.
The Highlights of the Career Launcher CAT Scholarship Test are listed below:
- Interested aspirants can apply either online via the official Career Launcher website or visit a Career Launcher center to register for the test once the notification for the test is announced.
- The test is organized in offline mode across all centers of Career Launcher.
- The 3-hour test evaluates aspirants broadly on 4 sections: Logical Reasoning Skills, Quantitative Skills, Verbal Ability, and General Awareness.
- The scholarship is divided into 3 categories:
- 100% fee waiver for top 3 students
- 75% fee waiver for next 5 top students
- 50% fee waiver for next 7 top students.
- Other fee waivers also available for applicants.
- There is no application fee for taking the Scholarship Test.
Aspirants appearing for the Career Launcher CAT Scholarship test stands to benefit threefold by way of:
- Getting an exposure to CAT exam format.
- Opportunity to measure individual preparation standard in a competitive environment.
- Chances of winning fee waiver for Career Launcher CAT Classroom Coaching Programs.
CAT 2018 Scholarship Test by IMS
IMS Learning Resources conducts the free national level IMS National Scholarship Test (NST) for CAT 2018 candidates. The test aims to expose students to the actual format of entrance examinations for admission into postgraduate management programs and also encouraging the aspirants to start their preparations for the entrances early on.
Highlights of IMS National Scholarship Test
- Each accurate response carries a score of +3 marks while each inaccurate response draws a penalty of -1 mark.
- NST is organized as both computer-based tests as well as paper-based test. The result is in the form of percentile and All India Ranking.
- The test assesses students on the sections identical to CAT exam, like Verbal Ability & Reading Comprehension, Data Interpretation & Logical Reasoning, and Quantitative Ability
- The medium of the test in English.
- There are a total of 30 questions distributed equally among the sections and the maximum time allotted to clear the test is 60 minutes. The test doesn’t set any sectional time limits.
- The NST is held in both IMS centers as well as different colleges in a city where an IMS center is situated.
The benefits of taking the IMS National Scholarship Test are:
- Each applicant is rewarded with percentile scores, all India Ranking and fee waivers for Classroom coaching programs.
- The test itself helps applicants to assess their own strengths and weakness in terms of preparation.
- Each student has honored scholarships ranging from 10% to 100% based on the percentile scored and ranking secured.
- The test induces applicants to start early preparations in the model of CAT.
- The scheme of scholarships is tabulated below:
|IMS NST Scholarship Grid - Avail up to 100% waiver|
|All India Ranking 1 to 10 with 100%ile||100% waiver|
|City Topper (If not in AIR 1-10)||100% waiver|
|NST Percentile||Engineers||Non- Engineers||SC/ST|
|99+%ile and higher||50%||50%||50%|
|Percentile between 95 and 99+%ile||30%||50%||50%|
|Percentile between 85 and 95+%ile||20%||30%||30%|
|Percentile between 75 and 85+%ile||15%||20%||20%|
|Percentile less than 75%ile||10%||10%||10%|
Having discussed the three leading CAT scholarship tests, we hope to have been of help to candidates in providing adequate information in the context of securing suitable scholarships from one of the coaching institutes and better preparation to bell the CAT. Good luck!
Share on Whatsapp