CAT Results 2018 Published
Last Updated -
January 13 2018
CAT 2018 Results have announced now. CAT 2018 Scorecard will display the section-wise scores, overall scaled scores, and percentiles secured. The organizing authority announced CAT Results at iimcat.ac.in. You can check it using your ID & Password.
- CAT Exam was successfully held Nov 26. Almost 2.31 aspirants registered for the exam and 199632 actually appeared.
- As an estimate, a score of 150 to 166 will be equivalent to secure 99 percentile or above. Read CAT Score Calculation
- The percentile for CAT ranges between 90-99 for all top colleges.
- Aspirants who qualify CAT 2018 and complete the cutoff, will proceed towards CAT Counseling from February onwards.
CAT Result 2018 Date of Released
CAT 2018 Results have announced now. Here are all the important dates of CAT 2018 that you must keep in mind:
|CAT 2018 Exam Date||November 26, 2017|
|CAT 2018 Result Date||January 2018|
|CAT 2018 Counseling Date||Last week of January 2018|
Check all CAT Exam Dates
How to Check CAT Results 2018?
CAT 2018 results would comprise marks scored by aspirants in normalized form and CAT 2018 percentile. Aspirants can follow the following steps to check their results:
- Visit the official website i.e. iimcat.ac.in
- Click on the 'Download CAT 2018 Result' option at the bottom of the homepage.
- Fill your Admit Card number or Registration Number in the available fields.
- Score and Rank Card will be displayed
- Download the Rank card or take a Screenshot of it for future reference.
CAT Score Card 2018 Details Includes
Since the CAT exam is held in two various slots the scores obtained by aspirants are scaled (up/down) to adjust session, location and scale difference. The scorecard would comprise the following details -
- Overall percentile.
- Contact detail
- Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension (VARC) – Scaled Scored and Percentile.
- Overall scaled score
- Aspirant’s name
- Registration Number / User ID.
- Date of birth
- Quantitative Ability (QA) – Scaled Score and Percentile.
- Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning (DILR) – Scaled Score and Percentile.
Here is a sample of CAT Score Card:
Normalization of Scores in CAT 2018
- The normalization of scores is done based on the basic assumption that in all multi-session papers, the distribution of abilities of aspirants remains the same across all the sessions.
- Normalization of the score in CAT 2018 is implemented to ensure fairness and equity in the performance comparison.
- The Normalization procedure is applied because of it obligatory to take into account any variation in the difficulty levels of the question sets across the various sessions.
- The scores obtained from this procedure would be converted into percentiles for shortlisting.
Formula for normalization score: The score normalization procedure formula as understood by the experts is as follows-
Normalized mark (︿Mij) of jth aspirant in ith slot, is given by
︿Mij = Mgt - MgqMti - Miq ( Mij - Miq ) + Mgq
Mij is the actual marks obtained by the jth aspirant in the ith slot,
Mgt is the average marks of the top 0.1 % aspirants in all slots,
Mgq is the sum of mean and standard deviation of marks of all aspirants in all slots,
Mti is the average of marks of top 0.1 % aspirants in the ith slot,
Miq is the sum of mean and standard deviation of marks of all aspirants in the ith slot. Read CAT Score calculation
CAT Result Trend
The below table recurrents the score vs percentile for three years- 2014, 2015 and 2016.
|Year||No. of aspirants appeared||Scores obtained||Conversion into percentile|
|CAT 2014||1,67,829||268.700 – 261.740||100|
|CAT 2015||1,79,602||254.61 – 249.9||100|
|215.54 – 215.43||99.89|
Cutoff for CAT 2018
- It is observed that few IIMs use earlier academic performance of aspirants, work experience, and other similar inputs in short listing and ranking of aspirants at different stages of selection procedure.
- As per the existing norms, each IIM is free to mandate their own eligibility criteria which could comprise academic cutoff & relative weights.
- The cut off marks for CAT is various for each category and each region. Aspirants are advised to check the category-wise CAT cut off. For detailed inpatternion on different IIMs and their cutoff aspirants can visit their respective websites.
- Every year CAT Cut off varies and is dependent on several factors which determine it such as availability of seats, number of aspirants who passed the exam, common marks secured by the aspirants, difficulty level of exam, highest marks scored by the aspirants etc.
- CAT 2018 Cut Off is to be declared by IIMs after the results are released.
- Cut Off is the at least marks which a aspirant should secure in the CAT exam to qualify it.
Institute-wise Cut Off
Counseling Process of CAT 2018
- The seats are issued to the aspirants as per their rank, choices filled by them, their performance in the GD & PI sessions and also the availability of seats.
- In order to appear for CAT 2018 Counseling, aspirants obligatory to register themselves at the official website.
- Thereafter, one must fill in the choices regarding their preferred course.
- The counseling procedure is organized by the Indian Institute of Management after the declaration of CAT 2018 Results.
Important Points of CAT 2018 Counseling
- Course option must be opted before going for the web options.
- Thereafter an Allocation order will be sent to aspirant’s Registered CAT account
- Since counseling depends on the rank it is necessary for aspirants to check the counseling date for the rank that they have scored in the CAT exam.
- Aspirants have to download the Seat Allocation order & report it to the assigned college
- It is important because the Certificate Verification is compulsory and the aspirants won't be allowed for the CAT Web Options if he fails to do the same.
- After getting the Specific Rank date, aspirants must get their certificates verified at the Help Line Center issued to them.
- After few days aspirants will be situated a seat based on their eligibility by the IIM authority
- Aspirants should download the CAT Rank Card first.
- Select your desired college in which you seeking to get admission via the Web Counselling
Note: If an aspirant fails to appear in the Counseling Procedure, then an aspirant in the waiting list will be issued seat in his/her position.
Read more about CAT Counseling
Share on Whatsapp