CAT 2018 Cutoff and Selection Procedure for UBS Chandigarh
Last Updated -
February 27 2018
UBS Chandigarh has announced its admission criteria for the academic year 2018- 20. The online application form filling for MBA courses will run from November 10- December 20. Students will be shortlisted on the basis of CAT Cutoff. To apply, visit UBS Chandigarh official website.
- University Business School will also consider past academic record and work experience, along with the marks in CAT.
- UBS Chandigarh Admission Criteria 2018 selects an aspirant on the basis of CAT score, GD & PI round, and Final Merit List.
- The overall cut off the need for UBS Chandigarh Admission by a general category student is expected to be around 90 to 92 percentile. Check CAT Result
- To apply for UBS, an aspirant should have a graduation degree in any field. Check CAT Eligibility
- Admission to MBA programmes will be granted to personals who complete all rounds after considering their academic profile and other individual traits.
UBS Chandigarh Admission Schedule 2018
Here are all the important dates for UBS Chandigarh Admission 2018:
|Online Application Starts From||November 10, 2017|
|Last Date to generate Application Fee Bank Challan||December 10, 2017|
|Last Date to Submit Fees||December 12, 2017|
|Last Date to submit Application Form||December 15, 2017|
|Last Date to Send Printed Application form||December 20, 2017 |
How to Apply for UBS Chandigarh Admission?
- Visit the official website i.e. ubsadmissions.puchd.ac.in
- On the homepage, click ‘Online Registration’
- Fill your CAT 2017 Registration Number, Mobile Number, E-mail and category in application form
- Print the bank slip and deposit fee within 24 hours
- After paying fee, log-in again after 24 hours
- Upload your scanned photograph and signature
- Enter other individual and academic details
NOTE: The application fee for general category is INR 3250. For reserved category, it is INR 1625.
Read about CAT Registration 2017
UBS Chandigarh Admission 2018 Eligibility Criteria
UBS Chandigarh has a multi-step admission procedure wherein personals must qualify each round to advance to the next. The steps involved in securing a seat in the business school are as follows:
- Appearance of shortlisted personals for GD & PI procedure
- Preparing the final merit list based on CAT score and performance in GD & PI round.
- Clearing CAT 2017 Cut Off
Students must fulfill the eligibility criteria in addition to completing the CAT cut off as decided by the institute. The at least eligibility criteria for UBS is given below-
- They should have passed the final examination organized by the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India or England, Institute of Cost and Works Accountants of India or England or Institute of Company Secretaries of India.
- Aspirants should obtain an at least of 10% score (5% in case of SC/ ST/ OBC and PwD aspirants) in each section of CAT. This means they should complete the sectional cut off with minimum 10% marks.
- Participants should have a Bachelor's Degree with minimum 50% marks in the final examination (45% for SC/ ST/ OBC and PwD aspirants).
CAT 2018 Selection Procedure for UBS Chandigarh
- Aspirants will be interviewed by a panel of judges in the PI round to evaluate their academic profile, quality of work and individual characteristics.
- The schedule for attending the same will be put up on the official website.
- Shortlisted aspirants must appear for the GD & PI rounds. These rounds will be held at the institute.
- Once they clear the cut off as laid down by UBS, they will have to register themselves with the institute and candidates will be shortlisted based on the information offered in the application forms.
- Admissions to the MBA programs will be made on the basis of merit determined by scores of aspirants in CAT.
- In the GD round, candidates will be given a topic wherein their creative thinking ability and socio-political awareness will be tested.
Final Merit List
UBS Chandigarh will create a final merit list based on the performance of personals in CAT and qualifying rounds. Merit list will be prepared separately for each category. The weight for each component of the selection procedure for UBS is given below- Counselling procedure will be organized and admissions will be made based on ranks secured by participants in this list. It will be announced in April/ May 2018.
|Group Discussion (GD)||7.5|
|Individual Interview (PI)||7.5|
In case there is a tie, the following rules will be eligible to decide the merit position of candidates:
- Next, the aspirant obtaining more marks in the immediate lower examination will be preferred.
- If the tie remains unresolved then, personal senior in age will get the higher merit position.
- A participant who secures a higher percentage in the qualifying examination will rank higher in order of merit.
Factors determining CAT Cut Off 2018
All business schools will declare their respective cut off after the declaration of CAT Result. The results will be declared around the mid of January. CAT cut off is the at least score set by different institutes which an aspirant must obtain in order to qualify the exam. Candidates who complete the cut off marks will be considered for further rounds of admission.
CAT Cut Off is determined by the following factors:
- Reputation of institute or ranking
- Difficulty Level of entrance exam
- Personal’s Performance in exam
- Number of participants who appeared for CAT
- Earlier years’ cut off
- Availability of seats
UBS Chandigarh Admission Criteria 2018 will consider several factors before admitting students. Qualified personals must appear for counselling held by UBS and clear the admission formalities to confirm their seat. Merit list will be prepared on the basis of CAT score and GD & PI round. Aspirants must appear and qualify each round of selection to secure a place in the institute.
Share on Whatsapp