BHU Law Entrance Exam Pattern 2018
Last Updated -
February 13 2018
Banaras Hindu University (BHU) Law Entrance Exam 2018 is scheduled to be held in April 2018. BHU Law entrance 2018 is an offline method of examination undertaken for providing admissions to aspirants in law programs, both for LLB and LLM courses, provided by the university.
- BHU Law Entrance Exam is conducted at two separate levels: (a) BHU UET (Undergraduate entrance test) for 3 years LLB (BHU LLB) course & other graduate courses and (b) BHU PET (Postgraduate entrance test) (BHU LLM) for 2 years master degree course & other postgraduate courses.
- The paper required to be finished in 2-hours duration.
- BHU Law entrance exam for Under Graduate includes 1 paper, with a total of 150 multiple choice questions, total marks of which is 450.
- The undergraduate paper has 4 sections namely General Awareness and Present Affairs, Common Legal Knowledge, Aptitude and Mental Ability and English/Hindi Comprehension.
- The question paper will be set in 2 languages: English or Hindi.Aspirants can attempt paper in any one of the two languages.
- BHU Law entrance exam for Post Graduate has 120 questions, with total marks of 360.
|Total number of paper||1|
|Method of exam||Offline|
|Exam medium||English or Hindi|
|Entrance test portal||www.bhuonline.in|
|Entrance exam for BHU LLB||BHU UET (Undergraduate Entrance Test) & BHU PET (Postgraduate Entrance Test)|
|Total number of questions in UET||150|
|Total number of questions in PET||120|
|Marks of each question||3|
|Negative marking||- 1 mark for each wrong response|
|Question type||Objective type multiple choice|
|Total time||2 hours|
|Sections for UET|
- General Awareness and Present Affairs
- Mental Ability
- Common Legal Knowledge Aptitude
- English/Hindi Comprehension
- In case of a wrong response, one mark will be deducted.
- If questions are attempted with more than one option, the response will be considered
- Each question of BHU UET 2018 and BHU PET 2018 carries 3 marks
- No marks will be given for unresponsive questions.
No. of Questions
BHU UET for Law question paper has total 150 questions in 4 sections. Whereas BHU PET for Law question paper has 120 questions.
BHU Law Entrance 2018 Exam syllabus
There is no definite syllabus for BHU LLB entrance test. It is recommended for aspirants to go via earlier papers and prepare for the entrance according to the exam format. The question paper will have multiple choice objective questions on the following subjects:
- Common Legal Knowledge
- Language Comprehension
- General Awareness and Present Affairs
- Aptitude & Mental Ability and
Language comprehension comprises both Hindi and English comprehension and the aspirants have to attempt the question paper in one language only. BHU LLB course is of two types: LLB (Hons) (06 Semesters-3 Years) and BA LLB (Hons) (10 Semester-5 Years)
For BHU LLM entrance exam, aspirants being law graduates required to be thorough with legal concepts. Aspirants required to prepare themselves on concepts like as follows:
- Law of Contracts
- Indian Evidence Act
- Constitutional Law
- Law of Crimes
- Environmental Law
- Law of Torts
- Hindu Law
- Muslim Law
- Public International Law
BHU Law entrance exam 2018 Important Books
Aspirants can refer to these books for the preparation of exam:
|BHU Banaras Hindu University L.L.B Entrance Exam 2017||Arihant Experts||Arihant Publication|
|BHU Banaras Hindu Vishwavidyalaya L.L.B Bachelor of Law & Legislation Parvesh Pariksha (Hindi)||Arihant Experts||Arihant Publication|
|Universal's Guide to LL.M. Entrance Examination||Gaurav Mehta||Universal Publication|
|The Clear Success Package - CLAT (Common Law Admission Test) 2016 (Old Edition) (For LLM)||Arihant Experts||Arihant Publication|
BHU Law entrance exam 2018 Important Instructions
Aspirants required to follow different instructions so that they may not face any problem during exam
Share on Whatsapp
- Ten minutes time will be given to read instructions and to cross-check the number of pages and misprints.
- No aspirants can leave the examination hall before the exam timings are over
- Four choices will be given for 1 question and aspirants have to mark one response.
- Aspirants will be offered one question paper for the entrance test and the responses required to be marked on an OMR sheet
- Access the exam center of BHU entrance 2018 minimum an hour before the scheduled time.
- For any discrepancies regarding BHU law entrance booklet, aspirants must report to the examiner immediately.
- Aspirants required to carry Ink/Ball Point pen in Blue or Black color to response the paper.
- Blind aspirants can avail facility of writer by sending request application to the organizing authorities of BHU
- Aspirants reaching test center after half an hour of scheduled time won’t be allowed in the examination hall.
- Aspirants required to carry hall ticket of BHU LLB as allocated to them along with a valid identity proof.
- Watch, pager, calculator, mobile phones, electronic diary, alarm clock, earphones, side ruler are not allowed inside the hall