BHU (Banaras Hindu University) Law Entrance Exam 2018
Last Updated -
March 01 2018
BHU Law Entrance Exam is a university level exam organizeed by Banaras Hindu University once every year. BHU organizes two Undergraduate Entrance Tests (UET) in April/May for the candidates want admissions for three-year LLB programme. BHU Law Entrance Exam 2018 will be carried out in the third week of May this year. The courses provideed by BHU are LL B (Hons) and BA LL B (Hons).
- BHU Law Entrance Test 2018 is organizeed offline and comprises 150 questions.
- Three marks will be allotted for every accurate response and one mark will be deducted for every wrong response.
- With negative marking for every response, zero marks will be allotted for unresponsive objective questions.
- The total marks allotted to the question paper is 450.
- The questions are Objective in nature with negative marking scheme.
Aspirants who seek admission for Bachelor of Laws need to take the BHU Law Entrance 2018. The courses provideed by Banaras Hindu University are LL B (Hons) and BA LL B (Hons). The number of seats available for LL B (Hons) is 230 (M&F) and for BA LL B (Hons) is at least 30 and maximum 60 (M&F).
- Registrations start from February 2018 and the last date to fill the application form is the first week of March
- BHU Law Entrance 2018 is expected to be held in an offline method in May 2018.
- The hall tickets will be available a week before the exam and the result will be released in the first week of June 2018.
- The counseling for BHU Law Entrance will start from July 2018.
Highlights Table of BHU Law Entrance Test 2018
|Date of Exam||Third week of May 2018|
|Organizing Body||Banaras Hindu University|
|Method of Exam||Offline|
|Medium||English and Hindi|
|Type and Number of Questions||150 multiple-choice questions|
|Sections||General Awareness and Present Affairs, Common Legal Knowledge, Aptitude and Mental Ability|
|Courses Provideed||LL B (Hons) and BA LL B (Hons)|
|Number of Seats||LL B (Hons) - 230 & BA LL B (Hons) - 60 respectively|
Dates for BHU Law Entrance Test
|Online Application begins from||First week of February 2018|
|Last date for Online Application||First week of March 2018|
|Admit cards will be available on||Last week of April 2018|
|Date of Exam||Third week of May 2018|
|Result releasement||First week of June 2018|
Eligibility of BHU Law Entrance Test 2018
The at least eligibility requirement for LL B (Hons) is B.A./B.Sc./B.Com./ Shastri (minimum 10+2+3 format) with at least of 50% marks in aggregate. Any other degree under the format 10+2+3 recognised by the Bar Council of India securing at least 50% in aggregate considering. The aggregate percentage is considered with all the subjects comprised in three year’s course except those subjects, where only passing marks are needed and which are not comprised in the total in the final mark sheet.
- Academic qualification: 10+2+3 from any faculty with an at least aggregate of 50% marks.
- Age limit: The age restriction for BHU Law has been removed by the Supreme court and hence aspirants of all ages are applicable to apply for the test.
- Citizenship/Residential criteria: The criteria for eligibility on the basis of citizenship in India and for Residential criteria, Migration certificate should be produced from the earlier university. Foreign Nationals can be applicable if they meet the eligibility of 10+2+3 from equivalent university, hold a valid foreign passport and have adequate knowledge of English and Hindi as the need for the test.
- A number of attempts: There is no restriction on the attempts made by aspirants.
Application Form of BHU Law Entrance Test 2018
Application for BHU Law Entrance 2018 is online only. The registration is carried out on the Entrance Test Portal of BHU and then proceeded with filling the application form as per the process mentioned on the portal. The forms will not be available offline or are meant to be sold. Aspirants can apply on the official website www.bhu.ac.in and are need to register and fill the form online.
The Application begins in the first week of February 2018 and the last date for submitting the application is the first week of March 2018. The examination is held in the third week of May 2018.
Here are the steps aspirants need to follow to fill the BHU Law Entrance form –
- Click on the given link and click and register by filling the details.
- On successful submission, a login id and password will be offered by the system and sent on the email id or on the registered phone number.
- The participants then need to log in using the user id and password and fill the application form with individual details, educational details, marks and select up to five preferred exam centres.
- A passport size colour photograph must be uploaded as instructed on the screen
- On successful application, the final payment process should be followed. The instruction for the payment will be offered on the screen.
Here are the few measures you can take for quick and easy application of the form -
- The application form will be available on the official portal of BHU.
- Aspirants need to have a valid email address and mobile number for application
- Aspirants must keep handy a recent passport sized colour photograph in JPEG pattern not more than 100kb in size.
- The marks should be kept handy while filling the application form, no documents are needed in the procedure.
- The registration procedure is finished once the requisite application fees are procedures through online payment mode or challan in favour of HDFC bank. The application fee is non-refundable.
- Once the application is submitted successfully, Aspirants are need to keep the printout of the application form for future reference.
- The application print must not be sent to the University. It is solely meant for aspirants only.
The Application fee for BHU Law Entrance is categorised as for General category and ST/SC category. The application fee for General category aspirants is Rs. 500 and for ST/SC category is Rs. 250 respectively.
The application payment method is available in two methods i.e. online payment method or Challan alloted in the favour of HDFC bank. Payment of application fees is the final stage of BHU Law Entrance. If aspirant opts for online payment mode, the payment can be procedures via debit card or credit card.
- Cash payment: The other option of payment of application fees is cash payment against challan in any HDFC bank. You can pay the fees in cash in any HDFC bank in any discipline by downloading the challan from the portal. You will be allowed to download the challan only when you select “cash payment” while filling the form.
No print out of any document has to be sent to the University. However, aspirants need to keep the documents for their own record or future reference.
- Online payment: Aspirants can procedure the application fees through credit card or debit card. On selecting the online payment method after successful submission of details, the screen will proceed with instructions for online payment. Aspirants need to follow the instructions and clear the procedure.
|General & OBC||INR 500|
Hall Ticket of BHU Law Entrance Test 2018
BHU Law 2018 Hall Ticket will be available online on the official website of BHU. The hall ticket is alloted two weeks ago from the date of the examination.
Aspirants who have successfully submitted the application for BHU Law Entrance 2018 will receive an SMS or email notification as filled at the time of application.
- Once the hall ticket is downloaded, aspirants are advised to take the printout which should be taken along on the day of examination.
- Aspirant without hall tickets will not be allowed to attempt the exam.
- The printout of hall ticket is compulsory and aspirant should furnish at the time of the exam.
- Once the hall ticket is downloaded, aspirants need to affix a passport size colour photograph on the hall ticket.
- The SMS or email will contain a direct link to the portal where aspirants can fill in the application number and get reach to the hall ticket.
Exam Centers of BHU Law Entrance Test 2018
At the time of application, aspirants need to select 5 BHU Law Entrance Exam Centres 2018 in the sequence of preference. The final exam centre is allotted will be mentioned on the hall ticket.
- The examination centre once allotted cannot be changed upon request or under any circumstance.
- The clear list of Exam centres of BHU Law Entrance 2018 will be displayed on the official website.
- Aspirants should access the respective exam centre minimum an hour before the commencement of examination and must carry the hall ticket along with an identity proof id need at the centre.
Exam Format of BHU Law Entrance Test 2018
While preparing for the BHU Law Entrance Test, it is necessary to study the exam format and plan the study structure accordingly.
- The Entrance exam includes of 150 multiple choice questions to be finished within 120 minutes’ exam duration.
- The total marks allotted for 150 questions is 450.
- The method of the exam is offline and the questions will be based on subjects such as English Comprehension, General Awareness and Present Affairs, Aptitude and Mental Ability and Common Legal Knowledge.
- The medium of the exam is English and Hindi and aspirant needs to fill the medium at the time of application.
- The exam format will not be sectioned and will contain multiple choice questions based on the subjects mentioned above.
The marking scheme comprises negative marking for every answer. Three marks will be allotted to every accurate response and one mark will be deducted from the total for every wrong response. Attempting all 150 questions is compulsory and zero marks will be allotted for the unresponsive questions. Aspirants need to attempt 150 questions within the time span of 120 minutes.
The black or Blue pen can be used to fill the OMR sheet given with the question paper. Aspirants need to submit the OMR sheet to the supervisor before leaving the exam hall.
Exam Format Highlights Table
|Method of Examination||Offline|
|Number of Questions||150 objective questions|
|Period of Exam||2 hours|
|Sections in Paper||Not eligible|
Syllabus for BHU Law Entrance Test 2018
The syllabus for BHU Law Entrance comprises objective question based on diverse topics. The subjects that the syllabus includes are English Comprehension, General Awareness and Present Affairs, Aptitude and Mental Ability and Common Legal Knowledge.
- For aspirants who have opted for Hindi as the medium of responses will have to attempt Hindi Comprehension questions offered in the question paper.
- The exam paper will comprise two sets of multiple choice questions based on Language Comprehension in Hindi and English.
- For aspirants who have opted English as the medium of responses will have to attempt English Comprehension questions given in the paper.
The weightage of the subjects is equally dispersed in the form of multiple-choice questions.
- The English Comprehension questions are comprised to judge the Language capability of aspirants.
- Common Legal Knowledge question includes the legal questions that are commonly known and considered as a part of general knowledge. The aspirant is tested overall with topics concerning social, general, political and logical questions to be applicable to study for the applied course.
- Aptitude and Mental Ability includes questions based on logic and knowledge to judge aspirant’s rationale and judgement-making ability.
- General Awareness and Present Affairs include of questions that are based on the general awareness and the present affairs and happenings taking place on the global as well as national front to check aspirant’s awareness of the social topics.
|Name of the Book||Publisher/Author||ISBN|
|BHU Banaras Hindu University L.L.B Entrance Exam 2017||Arihant Experts||ISBN-10: 9311121169 ISBN-13: 978-9311121161|
|General Knowledge 2018||Manohar Pandey||ISBN-10: 9311122548 ISBN-13: 978-9311122540|
|BHU Banaras Hindu University L.L.B Bachelor of Law & Legislation Entrance Exam||Arihant Experts||ISBN-10: 9385873989 ISBN-13: 978-9385873980|
Result of BHU Law Entrance Test 2018
BHU Law 2018 Result is released by 1st or 2nd week of June on the official website. The response key to the Entrance test is also displayed on the official website before the releasement of the result. The result will be displayed on the website with specified qualification status with the marks scored by the candidates.
After the result is released, the merit list will be prepared by BHU. Once the merit list is announced, aspirants are notified and invited to the counseling procedure based on their rank and scores achieved in the Entrance test. Aspirants who will qualify the at least marks criteria will be ranked on the merit list. To view the scoreboard and result for BHU Law Entrance 2018, aspirants need to log on to the official website.
- After logging in with their application number/seat number, aspirants can view the displayed scorecard, response key and the result displayed on the website.
- Aspirants can download the scorecard and take a printout which will be needed for the further admission procedure.
- After the merit list is announced, aspirants will be notified through email for the further counseling procedure by BHU to proceed with the admission procedure
As per the merit list, if two or more aspirants acquire the same score then it will be resolved by giving the preference to aspirant with higher marks in the qualifying degree or to the aspirant who is elder in age.
Response Key of BHU Law Entrance Test 2018
BHU will announce the final response key for BHU Law Entrance 2018 within 4-5 days after the test. BHU Law Entrance 2018 will be available on the official website by the first week of June 2018.
Aspirants who appeared for the exam are needed to cross-verify their answer with the announced response key. This will offer an idea to aspirants of the responses and their answer recorded in the duplicate OMR sheet. If need, Aspirants can file an objection against BHU 2018 response key if at all one finds any discrepancies with regards to any question or announced response key.
Cut off of BHU Law Entrance Test 2018
BHU Law Entrance 2018 cut-off will be declared on the official website with the at least marks that are needed by aspirants to qualify the test.
- The cut-off list will help aspirants to determine the scores obtained by them in the entrance test.
- Also, the merit list will be prepared on the basis of the scores and cut-off by the University.
- After the declaration of cut-off and merit list, the process will commence with counseling of aspirants and document verification for the further procedure of admission for the student’s desired course.
- The cut-off will be categorised on the basis of categories such as General, OBC, SC, ST, OPH, VI, HI and Employee ward respectively.
- The cut-off will be displayed in the form of at least marks by the University.
After the counseling, a call letter will be offered by the University by email which aspirants will need to attach with the document at the time of admission.
|College/Course||Cut-off marks||Closing Rank|
|BHU for General Category||176||654|
|BHU for OBC||176||150|
|BHU for SC||178||18|
|BHU for ST||191||4|
|BHU for Employee Ward||-5||53|
Counseling of BHU Law Entrance Test 2018
The Counseling for BHU Law Entrance 2018 will be organizeed by the Banaras Hindu University in July 2018. The registration form has to be filled by qualifying aspirants based on their preference of college or University. The counseling call letter offered to aspirants should be furnished at the time of the counseling session. The call letter will comprise all the details such as location and venue of the counseling, time, date and other important details mentioned by BHU.
Aspirants need to access an hour before the time and report at the counseling venue with documents mentioned in the email along with the call letter. Aspirant will need to proceed with the admission procedure once the counseling session is carried out by the University. The admission fee of the counseling will need to be paid by the aspirants either using online or offline mode.
The counseling procedure for BHU Law Entrance 2018 will be carried out in three steps:
- Online Preference Entry: Aspirant is needed to fill in the Preference form which will be notified by the University through email. Or a call letter will be alloted through email with an invitation the Counseling session along with date and venue. In the preference entry form, aspirants need to fill in details such as subject, programme, course applied, location, rank, seat type etc.
- Activity on the day of Counseling: Aspirant will require attending the Counseling session set by the University.
- Activity on the next day of Counseling: Aspirant is needed to follow the procedure after the Counseling as the final stage of admission.
Once these three steps are fulfilled by the aspirant, then the final admission procedure will begin.
For follow up the procedure of Counseling, aspirants need to carry documents for verification.
Documents for BHU Law Entrance 2018
- Employee Ward certificate for children of BHU employees
- BHU Law Entrance scorecard
- Medical Certificate for Physically handicap category
- 10th class certificate as proof of Date of Birth
- Mark sheet of 10th class and 12th class
- Admit card for BHU Law Entrance 2018
- BHU Law Entrance Call letter
- Caste Certificate for category aspirants who belong to SC/ST/OBC
- Migration certificate
Character certificate: The final stage of the Counseling of BHU Law Entrance requires aspirants to submit the fees and book the seat. The failure of payment of fees will result in cancellation of the allotted seat.
Share on Whatsapp