BEL Recruitment 2018 for Contract Engineers (Panchkula Unit)
Last Updated -
February 23 2018
Bharat Electronics Limited (BEL) a Navaratna Public Sector Undertaking (PSU) under government of India is hiring engineers on contract basis for its Panchkula (Haryana) unit. The selection procedure would be aimed at assessing the conceptual clarity of the aspirants in the given specialization of engineering. The first stage would be a written exam followed by an interview procedure. There are a total of 30 vacancies (General-15, OBC-8, SC-5, ST-2) to be filled via walk-in-test and interview procedure. It is a direct appointment procedure an would involve two stages of evaluation and screening. The selection procedure would begin in the month of March 2018.
- Aspirants would need to appear for the written test as per the date and time mentioned in the official notification.
- Aspirants qualifying written examination would be called for the interview procedure.
- The date and time of interview procedure would be sent to written test qualified aspirants via different communication channels like mail and SMS.
- Aspirants would be hired on contract basis for a duration of one year starting from the date of joining.
- Hiring would be done post qualification of written test, interview and medical tests by the aspirant.
- Aspirants must ensure before applying that they fulfill the desired eligibility criteria as per official notification.
- Aspirants of certain engineering specialization are called for as per the official notification hence aspirants must pay heed to that.
- Aspirants would be assigned work in the engineering department of the PSU and would be performing tasks as per their specialization in the field of engineering.
- Aspirants would be made to apply their technical knowledge of engineering and science in day to day working at the PSU site for which they would be offered adequate training.
- Other additional duties can also be assigned to the aspirants based on the nature of work and workload.
BEL Appointment 2018 Exam Dates
Aspirants who are interested in applying for the post must note the important dates concerned to the appointment procedure. For your reference, we have tabled the important dates below.
|Start of Registering for the walk-in test||February 22, 2018|
|Last date for registering||March 2, 2018|
|Date of written exam||March 4, 2018|
|Admit card available||No hall ticket would be allowed|
|Exam venue||Sanskriti Government Model Senior Secondary School Sector 20, Panchkula|
|Interview round||April-May 2018|
Aspirants must note that the date of interview and medical examination along with written test date are tentative in nature and are subject to change. BEL reserves all rights to change the date of appointment procedure by issuing a notification on its website. Hence, aspirants are requested to visit the website of BEL on regular basis.
BEL Appointment 2018 Eligibility Criteria
Aspirants appearing for the drive must ensure eligibility for the same. The details regarding eligibility criteria are mentioned below for your reference.
- The aspirant must not be more than 25 years of age as on 01.02.2018.
- In case of OBC aspirants, the maximum age criteria as of 01.02.2018 is 28 years.
- For SC/ST aspirants the upper age limit as on 01.02.2018 is 30 Years.
- The official notification doses do not mention about at least age of eligibility for the post of engineer on the contract basis.
Aspirant must be an Indian national.
Qualification and Branch
- The aspirant must have done B.E/B.Tech/AMIE/GIETE from a recognised University in Electronics/Electronics and Communication/Electronics and Telecommunication/Telecommunication discipline.
- The aspirant must have received the degree in above specialization in first class (Pass class for SC/ST/PWD).
- Aspirants who are in final year of their graduation are not applicable for applying for the post.
- Only aspirants having done their B.E/B.Tech/AMIE/GIETE in above-mentioned specialization would be seen applicable to the application.
- There is no work experience concerned requirement for the post as per the official notification published on the website of BEL.
Pay Scale Structure
The salary for the post of engineer on contract basis is pegged at INR 23,000 per month inclusive of all allowances as per the official notification. That is selected aspirants would be paid INR 23,000 per month as a remuneration for their work for the duration of the contract.
Apart from the salary mentioned above aspirants would not be entitled to other benefits that are available to full-time employees of BEL. Since it is a contractual employment for the post the number of perks affiliated with it is less as compared to a regular job with BEL.
How to apply for the Recruitment procedure?
In order to make an application for the appointment drive of BEL, aspirants need to fill in the detailed form available on the website.
- Aspirants should visit the official website of BEL- bel-india.com
- Click on appointment advertisement.
- A Pdf notification for Appointment of 30 Contract Engineers on Panchkula Unit would be there.
- Click on the notification and download the Pdf.
- The Pdf would contain a link
- Aspirants need to visit this link and fill in the necessary details asked.
- After filling the need details click on submit.
- The information would be seen recorded in the database of BEL.
- Aspirants would also be able to download there filled in the form which they need to bring along with other documents on the day of the exam.
- Aspirants who have done registration on the above link would be listed on the List of appearing aspirants and would be cross-verified on the day of the exam at exam venue. That is those whose name is there in the list would be allowed to take part in the written test.
Aspirants should note that there is no application fee to be paid for making an application for appointment to the post. Aspirants just need to register themselves on the link offered in the official notification. Only online registration is to be done. Also, it should be noted that no hard copy of the document needs to be sent to the office of BEL.
Aspirants need to bring a set of self-attested photocopies of following documents along with the filled in particulars form while coming for the written test.
- SSLC Marks Card
- Engineering Degree certificate or provisional and detailed mark sheets of all semesters.
- Caste/disability certificate if eligible.
- Three recent passport size photographs.
- Any other relevant certificate(s).
Aspirants must not forget to carry a blue/black ballpoint pen on the day of written examination. Aspirants would need to appear in an objective type test for which they would be requiring a blue/black ball point pen to darken the circles on the OMR sheet.
BEL Recruitment 2018 Selection Procedure
Aspirants would be selected for the post based on their performance in the two-tier selection procedure along with the fulfilling of the prescribed the medical standards.
- As a part of the first round of selection, aspirants would need to appear for the written examination on the venue and time mentioned in the official notification.
- The examination would be of objective nature with questions asked from the respective specialization of engineering for which aspirant has made an application.
- Aspirants qualifying written exam would be called for interview round.
- The interview would be the second and final round of screening for the job.
- Aspirants qualifying the interview would be called for the medical test.
- Subject to their qualification of medical test they would be enrolled on contract for the post.
- BEL reserves all rights to prohibit aspirant during any stage of the selection procedure in case they have seen non-fulfilling any of the criteria.
Things not allowed in the exam venue
The official notification on the website of BEL mentions certain things that are debarred from being carried by an aspirant to the exam hall. Hence, aspirants should make sure that they are not in possession of these things at the time of writing the exam. For your reference, we have mentioned the list of debarred items below.
- Electronics Gadgets
- Programmable devices
- Digital watch
- Any piece of paper
- Things other than general stationery necessary for attempting the exam.
BEL Recruitment 2018 Important Instructions
Aspirants are advised to follow the following instructions on the day of exam and week prior to the same.
Share on Whatsapp
- Aspirants would need to carry certain documents on the day of exam hence they must ensure that they have sufficient photocopies of the same.
- Make sure that you read the instructions cautiously that are printed on the OMR sheet.
- Aspirants need to pay attention while darkening the bubbles in the OMR sheet.
- Try to make yourself calm and composed and avoid getting into panic method even if don’t know the response to some of the questions. Hold on and move forward.
- Visit the exam center before the exam day to get an idea of the time taken and shortest route to the exam venue from your location.
- In case the exam venue is far away from your present location then you should make some arrangements near the exam center beforehand to avoid last hour rush.
- Carry necessary items like eatables and drinking water along with you so, as to avoid starvation or dehydration during the examination procedure.