BCECE (Bihar Combined Entrance Competitive Examination) Answer Key, Analysis & Question Paper 2018
Last Updated -
April 25 2018
Bihar Combined Entrance Competitive Examination (BCECE) Board has successfully organizeed the BCECE on April 29, 2018, for admission to different professional courses in Engineering, Pharmacy and Agriculture provideed by colleges situated in Bihar. 40 to 50% questions were of average difficulty level and 20-25 % questions were difficult. Participants must take note that the response key for BCECE is available at the official website.
- Physics questions which seemed slightly difficult covered rotational dynamics, fluid mechanics, SHM and waves and electrostatics.
- In Biology - Cell biology, plant physiology, human physiology, genetics, ecology, human welfare, biotechnology etc are important section via which questions were asked.
- Chemistry was a bit easier than Physics and questions from solid state, chemical bonding and mole concept were maximum.
- As expected, maximum questions in Mathematics were from differential calculus, probability,quadratic equations and permutations and combinations.
Response Key for BCECE 2018
The response key for BCECE 2018 will be announced just after the exam so that students can calculate their expected score. With the help of response key, aspirants can cross-check their responses and analyze their performance.
- The response keys will also be uploaded by different coaching institutes for all the papers.
- Aspirants can download the response keys in PDF pattern separately for each subjects-Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, and Biology.
- This will enable the aspirants to check the responses they offered in the examination and also analyze their performance.
- They can also calculate their probable marks and ranks obtained in the examination with the help of the response keys. As per the Board’s marking scheme, each accurate response carries 4 marks and 1 mark deducted for every inaccurate response.
- Any discrepancy in the response key can be challenged by the aspirants with a valid proof before the last specified date.
- BCECE 2018 Response Key will be available online at the official website i.e.bceceboard.bihar.gov.in
- It will be uploaded by the board a week after completion of the examination.
How to CheckResponse Key ofBCECE 2018?
- Log in to the official website i.e. bceceboard.bihar.gov.in
- Click on the link titled: BCECE 2018 Response Key.
- Select the suitable response key link and download the same in pdf pattern.
- Once logged in, they can see the responses corresponding to the questions asked in BCECE 2018.
- You can also take a print out the same for your future reference.
Challenging BCECE Response Key 2018
If students have any complaint regarding any of the responses in the response key, they can challenge the same by sending their complaints well in time.
- Aspirants will send their grievances by speed post or email.
- Aspirants must have a valid proof and are advised to attach the same.
- Students will need to pay some fee for challenging a question.
- The challenges received from the aspirant shall be considered as final after it is evaluated by the committee of an expert.
The format for challenging BCECE 2018 response key is mentioned below:
|Roll No. of the Aspirant||Date & Time of Exam||Test Paper Code||Series (A, B, C, D) if any||Question Number||Grievance(s)||Accurate response according to student||Reason for selected accurate response||Scanned copies of relevant portion of three References (Text Book/Journal/Any Other|
Exam Analysis for BCECE 2018
The analysis will be made about the difficulty level of the examination, weightage offered to each topic from all the subjects, etc. Hence it is advisable that the aspirants know the question paper format and syllabus thoroughly so that they can prepare for the exam accordingly. Based on earlier years’ question paper trends, an overall exam analysis for BCECE 2018 is offered below –
- Mathematics questions were lengthy and time-consuming as per the last few years’ analysis.
- Biology is also another relatively easy subject and direct questions were asked. The important topics comprise Human Physiology, Cell Structure, and Function, Plant Physiology, Sexual Reproduction, Diversity in Living World, Genetics and Evolution.
- Chemistry, one of the easiest sections in the examination. Aspirants can expect to score more marks in this section if all the basics concepts are brushed up completely.
- As the question paper format is changed from this year, it might not be as tough as compared to earlier year and questions were somewhat direct from all subjects.
- Topics from which more questions can be expected are Organic Chemistry Principles and Techniques, Elements, Chemical bonding and molecular structure, Equilibrium, Thermodynamics, Aldehydes, Ketones and Carboxylic acids.
- Questions asked from the topics such as Oscillations and waves, Kinematics, Magnetic effects of present and magnetism, Optics, Electronic Devices, Laws of Motion and Electrostatics. The other chapters have relatively less weightage as compared to these ones.
- Physics was one of the difficult subjects.
- If 50 % questions are easy, the remaining questions would be of moderate to difficult level. Questions were asked from Algebra, Probability, Vector, Mathematical Reasoning, Calculus, Statistics, Co-ordinate Geometry etc.
- This year the examination will be organizeed in a single stage as compared to the earlier years where it was organizeed in 2 stages. BCECE Syllabus includes topics from 10+2 level.
Cut off from BCECE 2018
BCECE 2018 cut off is the at least marks need in the examination to qualify for admission in the participating colleges. The cut off will be announced by the Board in the official website after the releasement of results. Based on this, the merit list and rank of the aspirants will be determined.
- The cut off is announced separately for PCM and PCB group according to colleges, courses, and category.
- BCECE 2018 Cut off will contain the opening and closing rank of all the aspirants who appeared and also qualified in the examination.
- The cut off will be published for all categories as well- General, SC, ST, BC, EBC, Open Merit etc. Usually, there will be a relaxation of cut off to aspirants from backward communities.
- Once the aspirants are selected based on the cut off scores, they required participating in BCECE Counseling Procedure where they required to enrol, get the documents verified, make payment of fees and go via all other counselling procedures before securing a seat in the desired college.
- If the cut off marks of an aspirant are lesser than the closing rank, they will not be applicable for admission to any of BCECE Participating Colleges.
BCECE Qualifying & Cut Off Marks 2018
Here, we are providing BCECE cut off & qualifying marks as per the categories:
|Aspirant Category||Qualifying Marks||Cut Off Marks|
|General Category (GEN)||50%||600|
|Reserved Category (OBC, SC & ST)||40%||480|
|General Category – PH||45%||540|
|Reserved Category -PH||40%||480|
BCECE Category Wise Cut Off Rank 2018
Aspirants should check this section for category wise cut off rank & marks for PCM & PCB group:
For PCB Group:
Here, we comprise PCB group cut off rank according to the categories of the aspirants:
|Scheduled Tribe (ST)||361|
|Scheduled Caste (SC)||352|
|Extremely Backward Caste (EBC)||449|
|Backward Caste (BC)||472|
|Reserved Category Girls (RCG)||464|
|Disabled Quota (DQ)||270|
For PCM Group:
In this section, aspirants can check the last year PCM group cut off rank & marks of 2nd counseling:
|Category||Rank||Cut Off Marks|
|Disabled Quota (DQ)||118||14|
|Service Men’s Quota (SMQ)||133||26|
|Open Merit (GEN)||9281||111|
|Scheduled Tribe (ST)||194||85|
|Scheduled Caste (SC)||1807||71|
|Extremely Backward Caste (EBC)||3397||85|
|Backward Caste (BC)||4377||95|
|Reserved Category Girls (RCG)||1880||83|
Cut Off from Earlier Year BCECE
In the given tables, aspirants can check the earlier year cut off for engineering courses. Here, we also mentioned the earlier year BCEBE engineering streams closing cut off ranks after round 2 counseling:
|Electronics and Communication Engineering||1069|
|Computer Science Engineering||1576|
|Electrical and Electronics Engineering||2434|
Share on Whatsapp