AP PGECET 2019 Application Form, Exam Date, Eligibilty
Last Updated -
February 01 2018
Andhra Pradesh PG Engineering Common Entrance Test is an annual state-level exam organized by JNTU, Kakinada (Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University) on behalf of APSCHE (Andhra Pradesh State Council of Higher Education) for aspirants want admission in Postgraduate programs in the field of Engineering, Technology, and Pharmacy. In this article, we elaborate on the salient features of the exam, based on past records. The official notification for AP PGECET 2019 will be announced by JNTU on the official website, in due course.
- AP PGECET Result 2019 will be uploaded on the official website tentatively in June 2019, after which the qualified aspirants will proceed to the subsequent counseling sessions for admission.
- AP PGECET 2019 is expected to be held in May 2019 and the online application procedure for the same will start tentatively in March 2019.
- Aspirants with valid GATE/GPAT scores obligatory not appear for AP PGECET.
- Aspirants can fill the application form till May 2019.
- Aspirants who qualify AP PGECET 2019, can seek admission to programs like M.E/M. Tech/M. Pharma/Graduate level Pharma in Universities and its affiliated colleges across the state of Andhra Pradesh for the academic year 2019-2020.
- The exam will be a computer-based test, posing MCQ-type questions. Check AP PGECET Exam Format
Highlights of AP PGECET 2019
|Name of Exam||AP PGECET 2019 (Andhra Pradesh Post-graduate Engineering Common Entrance Test)|
|Organizing Body||Jawaharlal Nehru Technical University, Kakinada (JNTU) on behalf of APSCHE|
|Exam Type||Annual, State-Level Examination|
|Exam Date||May 2019|
|Eligibility Criteria||Participants must be permanent residents of Andhra Pradesh|
|Need academic qualification for eligibility varies from program to program|
|Must have scored an at least aggregate of 50% marks in the qualifying exam|
|Method of Application||Online|
|Exam Mode||Computer-Based Test|
AP PGECET 2019 Exam Dates
Since the official notification for AP PGECET 2019 has not been announced yet, we have structured a tentative event calendar for the same, on the basis of earlier years’ trends. Interested participants are advised to follow the official website for further updates on the exam.
|Announce of official notification||March 2019|
|Availability of Online Applications||March 2019|
|Submission Deadline of Online Application without late fee||April 2019|
|Submission Deadline of Online Application with late fee of INR 500||April 2019|
|Submission Deadline of Online Application with late fee of INR 2000||May 2019|
|Submission Deadline of Online Application with late fee of INR 5000||May 2019|
|Submission Deadline of Online Application with late fee of INR 10000||May 2019|
|Availability of Hall Ticket for Download||May 2019|
|Scheduled Date of AP PGECET||May 2019|
|Declaration of Result||Second week of June 2019|
|Counseling Sessions||July 2019|
Note: The dates mentioned above are tentative and subject to change once the official notification for the exam will announce.
AP PGECET 2019 Eligibility Criteria
Participants obligatory to make sure they satisfy the eligibility criteria specified by JNTU for the program they are applying for. The general eligibility conditions for AP PGECET 2019 are listed below:
- Participants must be Indian Nationals and have permanent residency of Andhra Pradesh state or should have lived in the state for a substantial duration of time.
- Participants should meet the local /non-local status requirements specified for admissions.
- Participants applying for Pharmacy programs have finished B. Pharma from a recognised University with an at least score of 55% or more in the qualifying examination (50% in case of Reserved Category Aspirants).
- Please note that Aspirants having a valid GATE or GPAT score obligatory not apply for AP PGECET 2019. These aspirants will have to follow a various application procedure.
- Participants applying for Engineering programs should have finished B.E. / B. Tech in a concerned subject area from a recognised University with an at least aggregate score of 50% or more in the qualifying examination (45% in case of Reserved Category Aspirants).
AP PGECET Application Form 2019
AP PGECET 2019 Application procedure has to be finished in the online method only and is Accessible on the official website. The procedure is expected to be open from March until April 2019; aspirants are allowed several submission deadlines with varying amounts of late fee corresponding to each date extension. The procedure is elaborated below:
- Visit the Official Website of AP PGECET 2019.
- Clear the Application Fee Payment Procedure either online (via Net Banking or Debit/Credit Cards) or offline (via AP Online Center).
- Upon successful completion of the payment procedure, a Transaction ID will be generated which obligatory to be noted down. Further details are elaborated in the following section.
- Enter Participants’ Individual, Contact, and Academic Details as specified in the Form. Participants also obligatory to specify the subject area in which they are interested to appear for in AP PGECET. A Registration Number will be generated once all need details are entered correctly in the form.
- Upload scanned images of Participants’ recent Passport-size color photograph and specimen signature in jpeg pattern, with file-size less than 40KB and 30KB respectively.
- Review the details entered on the form to ensure it is mistake-free before submitting the same finally. A Confirmation Page would be generated which obligatory to be saved and printed for the records.
Important points to note:
- In case, participant forgets the registration number, the same can be retrieved by visiting the official website and following the instructions specified. Application Fee Payment Transaction ID, Participants’ DOB, and the registered mobile number will need to recover the registration number.
- In case participant forgets the transaction number, the same can be retrieved by visiting the official website and following the instructions specified. Application Fee Payment mode, Participants’ DOB, and the registered mobile number, SSC Admit Card Number and year of qualifying will need to recover the Transaction ID.
- In case a participant obligatory to modify the details furnished in the application form, the aspirant has to visit the official website, follow instructions to enter and the DOB, Registration ID and the registered mobile number. The participant can thereafter make the desired changes and save the form.
Application Fee for AP PGECET 2019
The application fee for AP PGECET 2019, on the basis of earlier years’ trend, will be as tabulated below.
|AP PGECET Application Fee for various Categories|
|General Category||INR 800|
|SC/ST Category||INR 400|
Participants can make payment via:
- AP Citizen Service Centers- Aspirants will have to enter Admit Card number of the SSC Examination, Full name, Father’s Name, DOB, Mobile Number, Stream applying for in order to proceed with the payment procedure. Upon completion of payment, a receipt is generated at the center, the details of which have to be entered in the AP PGECET Online Application Form to clear the application procedure
- Credit card/Debit card/Net Banking- Clear the payment procedure as per the instructions on-screen via the integrated payment gateway on the official AP PGECET website.
AP PGECET Hall Ticket 2019
AP PGECET 2019 Hall Ticket or Admit Card is expected to be available for download from the official website in May 2019. Participants who have submitted their AP PGECET 2019 Application Form clear in all respects along with the requisite fees will be allocated the Hall Ticket. Please note that there are no other means of reaching the document other than downloading from the website. The same has to be downloaded from the official website.
Details like Participant’s name, Registration Number, Photograph, Date of Birth, Exam Venue, Exam Date, and Timings, etc. will be printed on the Hall Ticket. It is compulsory for the aspirants to carry the Hall Ticket in person to appear for the entrance exam along with a valid Photo ID Proof.
AP PGECET 2019 Hall Ticket can be downloaded with the following steps:
- Visit the official website.
- Click the link “AP PGECET 2019 Hall Ticket”.
- Enter participants’ name, test selected and registration number to reach the Hall Ticket.
- The AP PGECET Hall Ticket will be displayed on-screen.
- Download, save and obtain prints of the document for future use.
Please note that:
- The participants should preserve AP PGECET 2019 Hall Ticket till the admission procedure is over.
- Tampering with the Hall Ticket in any way is considered illegal and the participant will be banned from appearing in the examination.
- In case of any discrepancy in the Hall Ticket, the aspirant should immediately report the same to the exam organizing body.
Exam Centers of AP PGECET 2019
AP PGECET 2019 examination is expected to be organized in the regional examination centers of APSCHE in Andhra Pradesh. The regional examination cities are listed below:
Exam Format for AP PGECET 2019
AP PGECET 2019 Exam Format has been designed by APSCHE. Aspirants should be well aware of the same as this will help them be familiar with the exam pattern. The typical features of the exam are highlighted in the table below.
|Method of Exam||Online, Computer-based Test|
|Question Type||Objective, MCQ-Type|
|Period of Exam||2 hours (120 minutes)|
|Total Number of Questions||120 Questions|
|Language of paper||English or Telugu|
|Scheme of Marking||Each accurate response will be honored +1 mark. There is no provision for negative marking.|
AP PGECET Syllabus 2019
AP PGECET is organized in a vast range of Engineering specialization areas and Pharmacy. There would be separate question papers for each subject area. The areas covered are listed here:
- Civil Engineering
- Aerospace Engineering
- Ge-Engineering & Geo-Informatics
- Instrumentation Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Nano Technology
- Computer Science and Information Technology
- Mechanical Engineering
- Food Technology
- Chemical Engineering
- Electronics and Communication Engineering
The detailed syllabus for each specialization area is hosted by the official website. Aspirants are advised to check the same for better preparation of the subjects.
AP PGECET Result 2019
AP PGECET 2019 Results will be released by JNTU in June 2019 on the official website. The steps involved in reaching the AP PGECET 2019 Result are elaborated below: The results will be released in the form of total marks obtained by a personal aspirant and the rank secured.
- Visit the official website of AP PGECET 2019.
- Click on the “AP PGECET 2019 Result” Tab.
Enter the aspirants’ Hall Ticket number and click on submit.
- AP PGECET Scorecard is displayed on-screen. Aspirants will be able to view the total marks secured, percentile and rank obtained along with the qualifying status.
- Download, save and obtain prints of the AP PGECET 2019 scorecard for future reference.
AP PGECET Cut Off 2019
AP PGECET 2019 Cut Off is the at least score need to qualify for the subsequent counseling procedure leading to admission. The cut-off score will depend on the following factors:
- Total number of participants,
- The difficulty level of the entrance exam.
- Earlier years’ cut-off trend. and finally,
- Number of seats available,
AP PGECET 2019 Cut off will be various for qualifying the entrance exam and for admission to the desired program. The cut off for the admission procedure will be various and higher, depending on the overall result. However, this will not be eligible for the SC/ST aspirants. General aspirants obligatory to secure minimum 25% of the total score, i.e., 30 marks for qualifying AP PGECET exam. AP PGECET 2019 Cut off for admissions will be released prior to the commencement of Counseling.
JNTU will publish AP PGECET 2019 Merit list that will showcase aspirants’ Overall Rank and Category Rank. The merit list will also specify the course-wise cut off for admissions.
Counseling of AP PGECET 2019
Aspirants are shortlisted for AP PGECET 2019 Counseling on basis of the aspirants’ merit and scores secured in the exam.
The counseling procedure involves document verification, locking aspirants’ choices for the seat allocation procedure and thereafter seat allocation according to aspirants’ preference and merit. Participants who are ready to attend the AP PGECET 2018 Counseling have to check rank wise cautiously.
- The allotted college will make the admission provide through SMS to registered mobile number
- Allocation will be decided by JNTUK
- Participants obligatory to find rank-wise helpline center & date for document verification
- Aspirants should obtain prints of the Provisional Allocation Order from the official website of AP PGECET and report at the allotted college for completing admission formalities.
- Get documents verified by officials at the counselling center
- Lock colleges and program preferences via web options.
- Attend the counselling session and pay the counselling fee of INR 1000
Please note that,
- Aspirants ready to participate in the Second round of counseling must request to cancel their admission provide and pay the counseling fee as a fresh aspirant.
- Aspirants who fail to report at the allotted college on the specified date will have their candidature rejected.
Documents obligatory for verification:
Share on Whatsapp
- All Academic Mark sheets and Certificates,
- Aadhar card,
- Caste Certificate etc. allocated by competent authority (if eligible),
- AP PGECET 2019 Admit Card,
- CAP/NCC /Minority Certificate (if eligible).
- AP PGECET 2019 Rank Card,
- Income Certificate (if eligible),
- All certificates in original and one set of photocopies for the following documents:
- White Ration Card