AP PGECET 2018: Admission Process for GATE and GPAT Qualifiers
Last Updated -
March 16 2018
Andhra Pradesh Postgraduate Engineering Common Entrance Test designated in short as AP PGECET will be organized by Andhra University, Visakhapatnam on behalf of the Andhra Pradesh State Council of Higher Education (APSCHE). AP PGECET is a state level entrance test organized for admission into courses of M.E./M.Tech. and M.Pharm programs provided in affiliated Universities and Institutes.
GATE/GPAT 2018 Important Events
Will be updated shortly
Admission for GPAT/GATE Qualifiers
Both GATE and GPAT qualified aspirants which belong to Andhra Pradesh are applicable for admission into the courses. Such aspirants shall also have to adhere to the eligibility criteria of AP PGECET 2018 and will be allotted seats in AP PGECET in the order of merit. Check Here Registration Process for GATE and GPAT Qualifiers
- While filling up the seats in Universities/Colleges, first preference is given to aspirants qualified in GATE / GPAT. Based on their test scores and the remaining vacant seat aspirants who have qualified in APPGECET 2018 will get a chance based on merit ranks.
- All participants are advised to fulfill the eligibility criteria as per GATE/GPAT exams before applying.
- No hard copies of the application are entertained and only one application is enough for all applicable courses.
- Aspirants desirous of studying M.E/M.Tech or M.Pharma shall have to register in online method only.
- Admissions to part-time/sponsored Post Graduate programs shall only be organized by the respective universities and not via AP PGECET counseling.
- APSCHE issues a separate notification in the months of June-July for GATE/GPAT qualified aspirants. It will be with details regarding counselling schedule, registration procedure, and fees, certificates and documents to be verified at the time of counselling.
- It is compulsory for aspirants to satisfy local or non-local domicile requirements.
Eligibility Criteria for GATE/GPAT Qualifier
- Aspirants should be of Indian Nationality.
- Aspirants should belong to states of Andhra Pradesh or Telangana.
- As per the norms founded by AICTE, the at least eligibility requirement for M.E /M.Tech is 50% marks for OC/BC aspirants and 45% for SC/ ST aspirants in last qualifying examination.
- As per the norms of Pharmacy Council of India (PCI), the at least eligibility criteria M. Pharmacy courses are 55% for OC/BC aspirants and 50% for SC/ST aspirants.
- A registration fee of INR 900 for General, INR 600, for OC/BC and INR 300 for SC/ST aspirants have to be remitted by both GATE/GPAT participants.
- Aspirants should have valid GATE/GPAT ranks. Know More About Web Options Entry
Documents to be Uploaded
- Aspirants need to upload valid GATE/GPAT scorecard along with your scanned photograph and scanned signature.
- You required uploading your scanned photograph with white background. The dimensions and size of the photograph should be 140X160 (60 kb).
- You also have to upload your scanned signature on a white background. The file dimensions and size should be 60X90 (30 kb).
Counseling Process for GATE and GPAT Qualifiers
Counselling will begin in the month of August 2018. The counselling for APPGECET GATE/GPAT aspirants is carried in two phases:
- Web option Entry.
- Registration for counselling and certificate/documents verification at the designated Help Line Centers.
GATE and GPAT Qualifiers 2018 Registration Process
On satisfying the eligibility criteria, GATE/GPAT rank holders must register for AP PGECET counseling from any of the designated Help Line Centers or from any computer with internet facility.
The registration procedure shall be finished in 3 steps:
- Fee Payment
Participants shall have to remit registration fee of the requisite amount through Net Banking/ AP Online/ Debit Card/ Credit card. Participants must confirm the status of the payment, if it has been finished or not.
The registration fee particulars for GATE/GPAT qualifiers shall be as follows.
- OC/ BC Students: INR 600.
- General Students: INR 900
- SC/ ST Students: INR 300
- Fill Online Application
On confirmation of payment, participants must fill the GATE/GPAT Counseling Registration Form.
- Print Application
Participants must take a printout of the AP PGECT 2018 form for future reference.
GATE/GPAT APPGECET Counseling 2018 Certificate and Documents Verification
Along with the registration form, all participants need to verify their certificates/documents before participating in Web Options Entry. Participants are requested to carry original documents and one set of Xerox copies. The documents will only be verified at a notified Help Line Centers.
GATE/GPAT participants required to verify the documents given hereunder:
- Income Certificate
- Degree Certificate and Memorandum of marks of Qualifying Examination
- Aadhar Card
- Transfer Certificate
- Residence certificate/Aadhar Card/House Hold Card (preceding 7 years from the qualifying examination) for aspirants who have not studied under institutionalized education.
- SSC /Class 12th or its equivalent memo
- Study certificates from class 10th to Graduation.
- Caster certificate (if eligible).
- Residence Certificate of either father or mother for a duration of 10 years in Andhra Pradesh or Telangana.
- GATE /GPAT Score Card (as per the case).
GATE/GPAT Web Options Entry
Post verification of documents applicable aspirants shall participate in Web Options Entry as per the schedule released by competent authorities. It will be carried in online method usually in the months of August and September.
The Web Options Entry process shall be finished by following the given steps:
- Finalize and submit to finish registration.
- Submit the information to obtain an automatically generated password.
- Use the same password to login to the registration page.
- Practice Web Options Entry and enter the names of 10 colleges with their disciplines.
- Click on the Web Options Entry link to begin the procedure.
- Visit the APPGECET official website.
- The password will be sent to the email id and mobile number.
- Enter compulsory details such as GATE/GPAT rank, registered email Id, and mobile number.
Aspirants shall be informed about the allotment of seats through SMS and Email. The allocation of seats is subject to choices filled-in, rank, seats availability and category. After checking the status, download the seat allocation letter and report to the college allotted to clear admission formalities as per the official schedule.
GATE/GPAT APPGECET Counseling 2018 Notified Help Line Centers
Share on Whatsapp
- Andhra University, Visakhapatnam
- JNTU, Kakinada
- Sri Venkateswara University, Tirupati
- JNTU, Anantapur
- ANU, Guntur