AMU BA LLB Exam Pattern 2018
Last Updated -
February 13 2018
AMU or Aligarh Muslim University organizes a law entrance exam in order to provide admission to candidates in the undergraduate law course provided by it. AMU BA LLB is an offline exam, which means it’ll be a written examination also known as pen and paper-based examination. The entrance exam to a full-fledged 5yrs course is expected to be organized in May 2018.
- The question paper will be based on 4 fields of knowledge: General Knowledge/Present Affairs, General English, Logical Reasoning, and aptitude.
- Out of 85 questions, 75 questions will be objective type and remaining 10 will be subjective.
- Aspirants who apply for the entrance will have to complete the exam which will be both subjective and objective.
- They will be given a time of 2 hours to clear the exam consisting of 85 questions.
Marking Scheme for AMU BA LLB 2018
Aspirants have to solve 85 questions. 75 Objective type questions and 10 short response type questions in 2 hours. Objective questions carry one mark each and Subjective questions carry 2.5 marks each. Aspirants have to mark the accurate choice in the OMR Sheet offered to them using a black ballpoint pen and for short response type question, they have to write on the separate sheet.
However, there is a format followed by Negative Marking as well.
- For every inaccurate subjective response, there is a deduction of 2.5 marks.
- For every inaccurate objective response, there is a deduction of 0.25 mark.
These deductions are for each inaccurate attempt of the aspirant from the total score of the aspirant.
There are conditions for negative marking. The aspirant is allotted negative mark if their responses fall under following conditions:
- Responding with more than one option
- Responding to inaccurate option
Syllabus for AMU BA LLB 2018
Aspirants aspiring to appear for AMU BA LLB 2018 entrance exam must prepare themselves according to the exam format. There will be 85 question based on three subjects:
- General Knowledge/Present Affairs
- General English
- Logical Reasoning and aptitude
There is no prescribed course for the entrance exam. However, a standardized form of entrance exam contains three subjects. Here is the detail of each subject-wise course:
|General Knowledge/Present Affairs||Questions in this section will be based on legal issues in India, informs the official website. Besides, other questions can be based on topics such as present affairs in India, eminent individualities, awards, etc. |
|General English||Questions in this section will mainly be from topics such as grammar, reading comprehension, synonyms, antonyms, vocabulary, etc.|
|Logical Reasoning and aptitude and Legal Reasoning||Questions in this section can comprise questions on topics such as critical reasoning, analogy, blood relations, series, etc.|
The subjective questions in this exam are based on legal issues, law topics, and general awareness. AMU BA LLB paper will contain questions from the following sections. Aspirants can get a fair idea which type of questions are asked in the entrance examination.
General Knowledge & Present Affairs
- Important awards of the year – sports, science, literature, and arts
- Major UN bodies, their functions locations
- Important happenings in the area of the Indian Constitution or Justice system
- Overview of Indian history and geography
- Physical geography, science, and environment
English Language & Comprehension
- Reading Comprehension
- Fill in the blanks
- Unseen passages
- Jumbled words/sentences
- Inaccurate sentences
Reasoning can be further divided into following three subheads:
Reasoning & Analytical Abilities
- Critical Reasoning
- Blood Relations
Here, questions are usually around basic arithmetic. Some topics worth pursuing are:
- Number system
- AP and GP
- Profit and loss
Legal Awareness & Aptitude
- Intellectual Property Rights
- IPC and the CrPC
- Strict Liability
- Contracts and Constitutional Law
- Indian Constitution, its structure, sections, and schedules
- Law of Crimes
- International Law
- Legal Awareness covering Constitutional Law and Polity
- Vicarious Liability
AMU BA LLB 2018 Preparation tips for aspirants:
An aspirant must be physically and mentally prepared to work hard for the exam. As the course is vast and is a little various from what one studies in school, he/she should be willing to put in efforts to cope up with the pace.
- Here are some tips for aspirants aspiring to make a career in law.
- Generally, all competitive exams constitute of 25 percent of general knowledge questions and present affairs. Present affairs knowledge can be more beneficial rather than static GK.
- While preparing for this exam the students should focus on the important present topics. Subjects concerned to trade, finance, international economics and anything as recent as the past six months.
- Students must exercise basic mathematics or Elementary mathematics. This comprises mathematics of class 8th to 10th. While preparing, topics such as Profit and Loss, Percentage, Number system, Average, Algebra, AP, and GP should be focused upon for the examination.
- A student aspiring for law entrance exams requires exercising his logical reasoning as well as Legal Reasoning. Here topics such as syllogisms, logical sequences, analogies, etc. are covered. Logical reasoning tests the aspirant’s ability to identify formats, logical links and rectify illogical arguments.
- Along with Legal Reasoning, Aspirants should be updated with legal news and should know minimum the most common of the legal general knowledge. It can be a legislative development in Parliament or a landmark judgment from the Supreme Court or High Courts. All of this would be important for the exam.
- English is an important part of the examination paper. The aspirant must learn the basics of Grammar, should master vocabulary and must start solving reading comprehensions.
- The aspirant should appear for mock tests on a regular basis, as this will show him his improvement and where he required putting extra efforts.
AMU BA LLB 2018 Preference books
- The Mega Yearbook 2018 - Present Affairs & General Knowledge for Competitive Exams.
- Legal Aptitude for the CLAT and other Law Entrance Examinations: A Workbook, 1e.
- CLAT and LLB Entrance Examination: Study Package (Paperback)
- Legal Awareness Legal Reasoning 5/e.
- Universal's Guide to CLAT & LL.B.
- Universal's Guide to LL.M.
- Legal Aptitude and Legal reasoning for the CLAT and LLB Examination
- Self-Study Guide BBA/BBS/BBM Entrance Examination 2018.
- CLAT Common Law Admission Test
Students are advised to buy or refer to the latest edition of the book. Students can refer to other such books as well. A purchase can be made online as well as from offline store. These books are revised every year to help and guide students with the updated news.
There are few online books available to go through. Students can also refer to test series which are available online. These help student understand the format of examination and guide via the course of the examination. These are very helpful for the procedure of preparing for the examination.
Share on Whatsapp