Airports Authority of India (AAI) Recruitment Through GATE 2018
Last Updated -
March 10 2018
Airports Authority of India Appointment via GATE 2018, a PSU under the Ministry of Civil Aviation, is one of the numerous organizations that use GATE scores to hire Graduate Engineers for the post of Junior Executive. The appointment of engineering graduates via GATE will be in relevant branches.
- Selection Criteria – Shortlisted on the basis of GATE Marks
- Method of Payment – Online
- Last Date to Apply – October 17, 2017
- Maximum age – 27 years
- Application Fee – INR 300
Number of vacancies for the post of Junior Executives
Airports Authority of India Appointment Job Profile
The aspirants hired generally work in the CNS (Communication, Navigation, and Surveillance) department, overlooking different technical equipment installed at airports that aid flights. They continuously monitor and take readings, keep a record and maintain the desired performance. In case of failure or malfunction, they identify and repair the same. Check PSU Appointment via GATE 2018
AAI Junior Executive Job Profile (Electrical Engineering)
The Work of an AAI Junior Executive in Electrical Engineering is centered around executing maintenance and smooth running of the Electrical Infrastructure and comprises tasks such as:
- Researching appropriate solutions and estimating costs and timescales.
- Maintenance of all the electrical equipment.
- Recording, analyzing and interpreting test data.
- Reading design specifications and technical drawings.
- Servicing equipments on a regular basis.
AAI Junior Executive Job Profile (Civil Engineering)
The Work of an AAI Junior Executive in Civil Engineering is centered around executing maintenance and construction of structures, runways etc. and comprises tasks such as:
- Compiling job specs and supervising tendering process.
- Undertaking technical and feasibility studies.
- Assessing the sustainability and environmental impact of projects
- Resolving design and development problems.
- Managing project resources.
Airports Authority of India Appointment Salary
- In addition to Basic Pay, increment @3% of Basic Pay, Dearness Allowance, Perks @ 46% of Basic Pay, HRA and Other benefits which comprises CPF, Gratuity, Social Security Schemes, Pension, Medical Benefits, uniform etc., are admissible as per AAI rules.
- The Cost to Company per annum would be around 7.2 lakhs approximately for the post of Junior Executive respectively.
- The salary of the stated post ranges from 16,400 INR-40,500 INR depending upon many factors.
Airports Authority of India Appointment Application Dates
Application Procedure for Appointment of Junior Executive Electronics by AAI till October 17, 2017. The aspirant should visit the official website of AAI for applying for the post through GATE 2018. The aspirant should have a valid GATE 2018 Registration number before applying online.
|Opening Date for Online Applications||September 18, 2017|
|Last Date for Online Applications||October 17, 2017|
|Last Date for Payment of Application Fee||October 20, 2017|
Airports Authority of India Appointment Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility criteria for applying to the post of Executive Trainee is described below –
|Name of Post||Essential Qualification||GATE Discipline/ GATE Code|
|Junior Executive (Civil & Electrical Engineering)||Full time regular Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering/Technology in Civil and Engineering/Technology in Electrical with at least 60%marks from a recognised / deemed university or from an apex Institution i.e. IIT recognised by Government of India and having qualifying GATE Normalized marks on GATE Scorecard for the year 2016.||CE/ EE|
|Junior Executive (Electronics)||Full time regular Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering/Technology with at least 60%marks in Electronics/ Telecommunications/ Electrical with specialization in Electronics from a recognised/ deemed university or from an apex Institution i.e., IIT recognised by Government of India and having valid GATE Normalized Marks on GATE Scorecard for the year 2016.||EC|
AAI Appointment Eligibility Criteria – Age Limit
The eligibility in terms of upper age limit is described below –
- For, Ex-Servicemen age relaxation is eligible as prescribed by Government of India orders allowed from time to time.
- General - 27 years
- OBC PWD - 40 years
- OBC - 30 years
- SC/ST - 32 years
- SC/ST PWD - 42 years
- Relaxation by 05 (Five) Years for the aspirant who had ordinarily been domiciled in the State of Jammu & Kashmir during the duration 01.01.80 to 31.12.1989.
- General PWD - 37 years
- The aspirant has to offer the certificate for the same allowed by District Magistrate/Block Development Officer/Sub Divisional Officer at the time of interview.
Airports Authority of India Reservation Criteria
The seat distribution for different categories and subsequent reservation has been presented below in the table
|Category||No of reserved seat|
Airports Authority of India Appointment - How to Apply?
Aspirants are advised to read the following instructions cautiously before appyling online:
- Moreover, aspirants should keep on hand the following details/ documents/ information:
- Educational qualification details with the percentage of marks/ GATE Scorecard etc. as per eligibility criteria.
- Aspirants need to apply online via the official website i.e. www.aai.aero under tab “Careers”.
- Caste/ Category Certificate (for SC/OBC-NCL Aspirants)
- Before appyling, aspirants should have a valid individual e-mail ID.
- Discharge Certificate in case of Ex-Serviceman Aspirant.
- Scanned photograph and signature (as per dimensions)
- Any other details/ documents need relating to eligibility criteria. Check GATE PSU Cutoff
Instructions Regarding Scanning of Photograph and Signature
Scanned image of photograph and signature, should be as per the specifications are given below –
|Photograph Dimension||Signature Dimension|
|Must be a Recent passport size color picture (not more than 3 months old)||It should be on white paper with the Black ink pen.|
|Photograph in cap/hat/dark glasses will not be acceptable. Religious headwear is allowed but it must not cover the face||Signature file should be between 10kb – 20kb dimensions; 140 * 60 pixels (preferred)|
|Size of scanned photograph file should be between 20kb – 50kb with 200 * 230 pixels, only. |
Airports Authority of India Appointment – Application Fee
Aspirants need to remit the prescribed fee via bank challan and deposit the fee at the nearest SBI discipline. Aspirants belonging to reserved categories and female aspirants do not need to pay any Application fee.
|General and OBC Category||INR 300|
Airports Authority of India Appointment - Selection Procedure
- Aspirants already working in Government/Semi-Government/Public Sector Undertaking are need to produce “No Objection Certificate” from the current employer at the time of document verification.
- Aspirants shortlisted on the basis of GATE Normalized Marks will be called straight for document verification.
- Recruitment of successful aspirants will be subject to verification of different original documents relating to Age, Qualifications, Caste & Medical fitness certificate.
- Aspirant will have to produce their Original Certificates along with a proof of identity and one set of self-attested photocopies of the Certificates.
- Call letter for appearing for document verification will be sent to the aspirants at their registered e-mail ID.
- On finalization of document verification, selection will be made as per merit list prepared on the GATE Normalized Marks of applied aspirants.
Airports Authority of India Appointment - General Instructions
Share on Whatsapp
- As the competition is very high, candidates must have a valid and nice GATE score to be considered for the appointment in Public Sector Undertakings (PSUs).
- The judgment of the AAI about the eligibility, acceptance or rejection of applications, method of selection to the post etc. will be final and binding.
- Information such as date of birth, Category and Sub-Category [SC/ST/OBC (NCL)/ExServiceman], email Id once filled by the aspirant in the online application form will not be changed under any circumstances.
- The judgment of AAI in respect of all matters pertaining to this appointment would be final and binding on all aspirants.
- To check result, the aspirant must open AAI’ s official website and enter their name, roll number and password correctly.
- AAI will not bear any liability on account of Salary/ leave salary/ pension contribution etc., if any, of earlier employment of any aspirant already working in Government/Semi Government/Public Sector Undertaking.
- No separate communication will be allowed regarding results except to the selected aspirants.
- Aspirants selected for the post of Junior Executive (Electronics) will have to execute a surety bond for an amount of Rupees five lakhs to cater Airports Authority of India for a duration of three years after completion of training.
- Aspirants are advised to print a hard-copy of the result for any future purpose.