AIIMS MBBS Specifications for Photo, Signature and Thumb Impression
Last Updated -
January 23 2018
The registration for AIIMS 2018 will begin from the 2nd week of February 2018. While filling in the application form, aspirant obligatory to upload scanned passport size photograph, signature, and left thumb impression as per the defined guidelines.
The registration slip will be generated only after uploading the photo/thumb and signature details. Failing to follow the same would lead to rejection of the online application form.
AIIMS Photo Specifications
Medical candidates applying for AIIMS MBBS should strictly adhere to all the important instructions concerned with Photo details, photo size, etc. Instructions for photograph file upload are - while attaching their photograph in the application form.
- Recent passport size color picture i.e. should not be more than 6 months prior to the registration.
- The photo should be in color, against a white background only. Look directly at the camera with a relaxed face.
- Black and white photos (or) photos with shadows and Polaroid photos are not allowed.
- Photos taken from a mobile camera or selfies are not acceptable. It should preferably be taken from some professional so that it does not blur while enlarging it.
- If you wear glasses make sure that there are no reflections and your eyes can be completely seen.
- Select only the area where the photograph is pasted, not the entire sheet and scan the photograph on a DPI resolution of 200 dpi.
AIIMS MBBS Photo Dimensions - between 3.5*4.5 cms (width*height)
AIIMS MBBS Photo Size – between 50kb-100kb
AIIMS MBBS Photo File Pattern – in jpg/jpeg/gif/png
Note: Draw a box of size 3.5 x 4.5 cms (width*height) on a plain white paper and paste the photograph inside this box.
Note: Aspirants must be very careful while uploading the photograph. In case of any error, it will result in cancellation of candidature.
Sample Image is given below
AIIMS MBBS 2018 Signature Specification
Aspirants also have to upload scanned images for signature and thumbprint along with the photo. Some of the important instructions for attaching signature are as follows:
- The signature must be done on a plain white sheet with thick point blue/black pen only.
- While scanning the signature, scan only the area having signature and not the whole sheet. Scan the signature at 200 dpi resolution. Ensure that the image should not appear blurred while enlarging it.
- The signature has to be done by the participant itself and not by any other person.
- Participants have to do a signature on attendance sheet during the examination, and the signature mentioned in the call letter should match with the one on the attendance sheet.
- The signature must be done in running hand only. Signatures which contain capital letters or initials will not be accepted.
AIIMS MBBS Signature Dimensions - 6x3 cms (width*height)
AIIMS MBBS Signature Size – between 10kb - 50kb
AIIMS MBBS Signature File Pattern – in jpg/jpeg/gif/png
Note: Draw a box of dimensions 6x3 cms (width*height) on a plain white paper and the signature must be done inside it.
Note: Take utmost care while uploading signature to the accurate field. Do not make any error in uploading Signature.
AIIMS 2018 Thumb Impression Specifications
Along with photograph and signature, in AIIMS MBBS application form students also obligatory to upload their thumbprint files. Some of the important instructions for uploading thumbprint file are –
- A box of size 4 x 3 cms (width*height) should be drawn on a plain white sheet. The thumbprint should be inserted into this box only.
- The thumb impression should be done either from a blue/black stamp pad only.
- Place your left thumb in a gentle attitude on the stamp pad and role it in an attitude such that the lines of your left thumb should be completely visible in the scanned picture.
- Only the area of the sheet containing the thumb impression should be scanned and not the whole paper.
- The thumb impression should be scanned on a resolution of 200 dpi so that it does not appear blurred when we try enlarging it
AIIMS MBBS Thumb Dimensions - 4x3 cms (width*height)
AIIMS MBBS Thumb Size – between 10kb - 50kb
AIIMS MBBS Thumb File Pattern – in jpg/jpeg/gif/png
Note: Take utmost care while uploading the file to the accurate field. Do not make any error in uploading the left thumb impression file.
Do’s and Dont’s for AIIMS Photograph, Signature and thumb impression
- It is recommended to carry multiple copies of passport size photographs which may be helpful in case of emergency.
- For signature, upload the signatures in the accurate box. Writing just full name and uploading would not be counted as the signature. And such applications are liable to be rejected.
- For the thumb impression, make sure that the thumb impression is not too light and is completely visible showing all the lines of the thumb properly.
- The participant must sign crossed on the photograph, only in the presence of the examiner.
- Do not click photographs wearing sunglasses or hats. Spectacles can be worn if being used regularly.
AIIMS 2018 Scanning the Photograph, Signature & Thumb impression
- Image size should be between 50kb-100kb only. Files greater than 100kb will not be acceptable for uploading.
- Scan only the box and the photograph and not the entire sheet and set the scanner to a resolution of 200 dpi and then scan the photo.
- Before scanning ensure that the photo is taken against a light (white) color background showing your face completely and fits the desired requirement.
- Stick the photograph in the box and then scan it. While scanning, crop the image in the scanner and check the cropped image in review tab, then see the final size and upload it.
- Thumb impression must also be complete displaying the thumb lines very completely against a white background only.
- The signature should be complete and not containing any overwriting or dull background. There should be enough light while clicking the picture.
- Participants can check the image dimensions by listing the files in the folder or using file image icon. With MS Windows or MS Office Picture Manager all photo, signature and thumbprint images can be saved in need jpg/jpeg patterns in the need size that is between 50KB -100KB (photograph), 10 KB- 50 KB (for signature and thumb impression). Apart from these other picture options are also available for editing and resizing the pics such as paint etc.
Note: If the file size and pattern are not as prescribed, a mistake message will be displayed.
Process for Uploading the Photograph, Signature and thumb impression
- There will be three separate boxes for uploading the passport size photo, signature, and thumb impression.
- Click on the respective links and “Upload Photograph / Signature/Thumb impression".
- Browse & Select the file from the saved location of photograph, signature and thumb impression.
- Select the file by clicking on it and check the preview to ensure image in not blurred.
- Finally, click the 'Upload' button
Guidelines to attach photograph/signature/thumb impression in AIIMS Application Form 2018
While filing the application form, aspirants tend to make mistakes while choosing the photograph. Sometimes, the photos uploaded by aspirants do not adhere to the instructions mentioned as aspirants overlook them and as a result, these images get disqualified. Some of the common errors made by the aspirants are:
1. Try to upload a photograph taken by a professional camera. If clicking photos using a digital device, click it in bright light in a white background only and try using a 5+ megapixels camera while clicking the pictures. If the photo is clicked from mobile camera try resizing it to avoid distortion as shown in the image below. Photos with a colored background are not accepted. Also, avoid using the flashlight which may cause a red-eye to the picture.
2. While clicking the photograph the aspirant must look directly into the camera making an eye contact for a complete image. The face should ideally cover more than 75% of the total area of the photograph.
3. If the photograph is not clicked properly or in a poor digital resolution it appears to be blurry and incomplete. Such images are rejected while screening the application forms.
4. The photo with too much glare or light on the spectacles will not be accepted. Wearing spectacles in the photo is acceptable but avoid wearing tinted glasses or goggles in the photo.
5. Signatures should be done with a thick tip ballpoint only in blue or black. Also, ensure that the signature is done inside the box and not going outside it. Do not create signatures containing initials or only your name in capital letters.
6. For thumbprint clean your hands and dry them properly before taking the thumbprint. Aspirants can make multiple boxes and put thumb impressions in it and select the best one among its which shows your thumbprint completely.
Share on Whatsapp