AFCAT (Air Force Common Aptitude Test) Cut off, Question Paper, Analysis, Answer Key 2018
Last Updated -
February 26 2018
More than 1.5 lakh aspirants appeared for Air Force Common Aptitude Test (AFCAT) exam organizeed by Indian Air Force across 62 centres nationwide held for to fill up the vacancies for an officer for lying duty, Technical duty and Ground duty. Those who complete AFCAT Cut off marks determined by Indian Air Force will be called for AFSB interviews. English was comparatively tough with competitive vocabulary followed by moderate reasoning and Mathematics section.
- The response key will announce by the organizing body via which the aspirants can calculate their marks roughly.
- Quantitative Aptitude was Easy Level. Most of the questions were based straight on Formulas and some were calculative.
- English language section was easy-Moderate, there were 3 questions from RC(Reading Comprehension) and 3 questions from Cloze Test. Check AFCAT 2018 Paper Analysis
- General Awareness questions were asked from all aspects of GA, especially from History section, if you have knowledge of History, then you can easily score good marks in GA Section. In Present Affairs, 3-4 questions were asked.
- General Intelligence(Reasoning) questions were of the Easy-moderate level. Majority of questions were asked from the non-verbal topic.
- Those aspirants declared qualified in AFCAT 2018 will be called for further testing at one of the Air Force Selection Boards at Dehradun, Mysore, Gandhinagar, or Varanasi. Flying discipline aspirants can opt from Dehradun, Mysore and Varanasi.
How to Check Response key of AFCAT 2018?
The organizing body required to reveal the response key within a week after the examination is held. It is suggested to rely only on the response keys announced by the organization. It is advised to be in touch with the website regularly as the key could be announced soon. Aspirants can visit the official website i.e. indianairforce.nic.in.
Steps to Download Official AFCAT Response Key
- Visit the website indianairforce.nic.in
- Click on the link ‘AFCAT Response Key 2018’.
- Click on the PDF file blinking on the screen.
- You can download the file and refer to response key for the future reference.
- AFCAT is a 2-hour examination with 100 questions.
- One can gain 3 marks for the accurate response or even lose 1 mark for every inaccurate response.
AFCAT Exam Analysis 2018
Section wise analysis of the exam could be established below –
- Looking at the format from last 4 years, this section was typical and confusing for the examinees this time. If someone has a taste of being updated, that aspirant might take an edge as this section held many questions from present affairs.
- The Paper portrayed similar format as per the trend of last 4 years.
- Clearly, we establish that General knowledge questions were more “trivial, factual and memory based” instead of being “Present Affairs” which comprised facts on Grasslands, capitals, organizations and reserves which are commonly asked questions in Sainik school /SSC entrance exams.
- In fact, GK section was a cakewalk for those who generally prepare for SSC or Territorial Army exams.
- It was quite recruiting to note that AIR FORCE board organizing appointment for Airforce officers hardly stressed on questions based on Indian Defence.”
- One who has an edge over newspaper, magazines, present affairs and general knowledge has gained more marks.
- This section keeps one updated and surely helps in synonyms and antonyms. There were many questions concerned with synonyms and antonyms.
- The proportion of unapproachable questions in English vocabulary sections has increased than earlier year.
- The examinees were little recruited as the questions were based on the basics of mathematics asked from 11th and 12th classes. If the aspirants are well lacquered till 10th class, then this section would be quite easy for them.
- Mathematics based questions were quite scoring few reasoning based questions were heterogeneous in nature which made them tough in nature.
- While few questions were standard, few ones were clearly unresponsible with the nature of facts being asked which gives a picture that Airforce Board has tried to make it sure that no one scores 100 percent which is deterrent for hard working candidates .“-
- The reasoning section is known to be easier when compared to other sections. It depends on the person’s verbal and spatial ability. It is well-known that this ability can’t be exercised in a day or two. If someone exercises daily can think of acing this section.
Expected for AFCAT 2018
With ever increasing cut off seen every year, this time the AFCAT Cut off is expected to go over 160, which is a considerable score. Below are the given cut offs of few years which can help the aspirant understand the trend.
|EXAM YEAR||CUT OFF (Out of 300)|
Share on Whatsapp