Facilities available in College
Major Courses Offered by College
View All Courses
Dr. Jyoti K. Mattoo
Dr. Jyoti Kaul Matto
Swami Parmanand Engineering College (SPEC), is a branch of Swami Parmanand Group of Colleges and was established in 2008.
- Swami Parmanand Engineering College (SPEC) is located at a distance of 6 kms from Lalru on the Chandigarh-New Delhi National Highway and is also connected to Chandigarh, Panchkula and Ambala by road, rail and air.
- The SPGC campus is spread over 47 acres of land in the backdrop of the Shiwalik Hills.
- The college is ISO 9001:2008 certified.
- We have well equipped laboratories and workshops with the most recent technology and experienced faculty.
- There is provision for providing the basic medical aid in case of need round the clock.
- Separate hostels are available for boys and girls which provide the basic amenities.
- SPCET, SPEC, SPP are established by prestigious SPGC group of institutions which has an impeccable track record for technical education in the country
- SPEC is the No 3 Institute of P.T.U, Punjab for Academics.
Alumni:- Alumni of SPGC are serving human society as engineers, technologists, managers and entrepreneurs. SPGC is proud of their achievements and considers them to be its most cherished possessions. The pleasant association of the alumni with the institute can be in the form of:
- Interaction with the present students and delivering expert lectures
- Academic collaboration
- Technical collaboration in projects
- Honoring star Alumni
- Meetings and Reunions
- College tour with family
- SPGC got Super Quality Crown of Standardization Brand Certification and Quality Grade Accreditation of Standardization Quality Certification for most preferred and promising Engineering institution of the year for providing a good learning experience.
- Defense Research & Development Cell created at Swami Parmanand College of Engineering & Technology.
- eGOV campus awarded by Engineering Watch New Delhi
- Edupreneurs Award 2013” by Engineering Watch, New Delhi for valuable contributions.
- Shiksha Ratna Award 2013 by State Education Summit, Elets Technomedia Pvt. Ltd. in collaboration with department of School Education and Sarva Shiksha Abhihyan, Govt. of Punjab.
- “Best ICT Enabled Institute of the year 2011” for SPEC by e-India.
News and Events:-
TECHSHETRAA 2011: It was held in the campus on 12th, April 2011
ELYSIUM 2011: It was held in the campus on 13th April ,2011
Blood Donation Camp: Blood Donation camp was held in the campus on the Foundation Day of the college. i.e 4th ,October 2010
The college keeps conducting various co-curricular and cultural activities. A number of clubs have been formed in the college and various other facilities have been made available for the students to provide them with a platform to excel in the same, some of which are as given below:
- Scholar’s Club & Confab Club – Conducts various debates, declamation, quiz contests and other literary events.
- Women Cell –Women are given a chance to showcase their talent in the events like poster making, rangoli making and debate competitions.
- Meditation camp
- Republic Day Celebration
- Virtual lab
- IIT Bombay Workshop
- Saraswati Puja
- CU fest
- Sports Meet
- Industrial visit
- CSIO visit
- Worshop of valuers
- Women’s Day Celebration
- Library: 300 students can be comfortably accommodated in library.The college library has one of the largest stocks of over 30,000 books, over 2000 CDs for digital library, about 125 national & international journals and over 25 periodicals & newspapers.
- Lecture Theatre:A fully air-conditioned academic block is a self-contained academic complex comprising lecture halls, tutorial rooms, seminar halls and laboratories equipped with all multimedia projection aids like LCD projection, laptops.
- Infotech Centre: For research & project a well designed fully A.C internet lab has been provided to the students in which they can carry out their work & surf internet to enhance their knowledge base.
- Hostel: Separate hostel facilities for boys and girls which can accommodate up to 500 boys and up to 200 girls.
- Sports: College has made available the facilities for various outdoor and indoor sports which include cricket, carrom, volleyball, chess, badminton, athletics, gymnastics etc.
- SPEC has been given AAA ranking by Career Magazine which means among top ten institutes in Punjab in 2013.