Facilities available in College
Major Courses Offered by College
View All Courses
Professor, Department of Marketing
Associate Professor, Department of HR
Assistant Professor, Department of Finance
Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel International School of Textiles and Management was set up in year 2002, in Coimbatore at Tamil Nadu. The Institute is approved by AICTE and was setup by the Ministry of Textile, by Government of India. It is registered under Tamil Nadu Societies Registration Act of 1972 with registration Number 18011/20/2002-NTC.
- The infrastructure of the institute is well equipped with all modern facilities available for the learners
- The computer Lab of the institute has all multi-media computers connected with LAN.
- Library of the Institute has good collection of books based on Textile and management. Along with the books, it also provides WEBOPAC facility to the students to get the global exposure.
- Hostel facility is also given to the students on the basis of twin room sharing, for both boys and girls separately. All necessary facilities are given there.
- Institute also has its auditorium, Cafeteria, Physical Education facilities and a Seminar Hall
- The Institute organized Alumni meet on 18-01-14 and the office bearers for 2014-15 were selected.
- Indian Management ranked the Institute as A4 and a good ranking was given by Business India to the Institute.
- The Institute was awarded “Dewant Mehta Business School Award” for being a best business school along with Best Industry Interface in 2010.
- SVPISTM and TUL signed MoU, which helped in restructuring of relevant information related to research along with the students exchange and faculty exchange between two institutes.
Alumni meet of the SVPISTM held on 18-01-2014 Dr. Anitha Manoharan, Member of BOG -SVPISTM and Director NIFT Chennai was the Special Guest for the Alumni meet.
The Institute organizes Alumni meet for the ex- students, Ex- faculty which helps to create the bond and brings a family feeling among all new and old students of the institute. This year SVPITM organized alumni meet on 18th January, 2014, where the special guest of the meet was Dr. Anitha Manoharan, who is the Director of NIFT Chennai and member of BOG- SVPITM. The agenda of the meet was to select the office bearers for the academic session 2014-15.
- SASMIRA(The Synthetic & Art Silk Mills’ Research Association) Mumbai
- BTRA – (Bombay Textile Research Association),Mumbai
- IJIRA( Indian Jute Industries’ Research Association)kolkata
- MANTRA(Man Made Textile Reserch Associations)surat
- TEA (Tirupur Exporters’ Association)Tirupur
- Technical University of Liberec,Czech
- Saxion University,Netherlands
- Kavini, Women’s Day Celebration
- Library Day was celebrated on February 7, 2014
- Faculty Development Program at DINDGUL
- Campus Placement Drive will be organized from 8th to 10th March, 2014
- Entrepreneurship Development Program namely (NEEDS) will be organized from 3rd March to 5th March, 2014.
SVPITM has a wide spread campus in six Acres, which includes its academic and administrative Block. Along with well furnished classrooms, with all advanced facilities, the institute also takes care for the recreation of the students by providing them recreation halls, outdoor and Indoor games and seminar halls for various programmes to be organized time to time. The Institute have basket ball, volley ball, badminton and tennis court for the recreation of students. Apart from this, students are also provided with:
- Library: The Institute has a well-equipped library with a large collection of books on textile and management subjects. WEBOPAC facility is available for browsing all the database of the library. Library and Centre of Information, with almost 6000 books, e-journals, print journals, video cassettes and CD-ROMs
- Computer Lab: The Institute has a modern multimedia computer laboratory with LAN Configuration. The fact that the use of computers as a tool is vital for Design, Research & Development and Manufacturing Applications is no SVPISTM longer contested.The laboratory is equipped with state of art Textile and Garment Design facilities, Print CAD, 3D, development Software’s like Visual Studio, etc. All activities related to Information Technology and Digital Documentation is coordinated by the IT centre.
- Hostel: Hostel on the bases of Lease is provided to the girls, which have only boarding facility for them.
- Women’s day Celebration ( Kavini)
- Teacher’s day Celebration
- Folk Craft Festival
- Pongal Celebration
Rankings & Awards:-
- On 18th January, 2014, at 6th Convocation, Best students Awards were presented to the outstanding students by LMW, A.T.E, Rieter and Precifex.
- Institute also bagged Education Leadership Award from DNA & Stars of the Industry Group at Mumbai.
- The institute is ranked “A” Grade by Business India.
- The ranking done by MBAUNIVERSE.COM B-School has rated the school with 2 stars.