|Course Name||Rating||Total Fee|
3Years Full Time
Post Graduate Diploma in Management [PGDM]
2Years Full Time
|7.0||₹600,000 per year||Apply Now|
IFMR, Chennai is a non-profit research based academic institution with a history of over 43 years of Training and research. It has run programs in the past in association with British open University and Michigan Business School.
It is recognized as institution of National Importance by the Ministry of Finance. It is spread over 40 acres with state-of-the-art facilities and include academic block, classrooms, library, seminar halls, cafeteria, hostel, recreation rooms, gym etc.
It strives to be an institution of greater learning, advancing theory and practice in finance and management. It caters to the need of young professionals to become competent and socially responsible leaders of corporations.
It has also set up 7 research centers as follows:-
Managerial studies are not just limited to classroom teachings and case studies. There are 9 clubs and committees, each with its special significance and motive. Some of them are:
• Samarthan: Aims at working towards a common goal- Service to the Society.
• Arthsabha- The Finance Club: Arthasabha 2.0 is the second edition of the national level finance summit organized by IFMR in association with BSE ltd.
• Student Welfare Committee
• The Cultural Club
• Alumni Committee
• External Relations Committee
• The Entrepreneurship Club
• Placement Committee
Other than the clubs and the committees following are the events organized in IFMR:
• Free Software Foundation (FSF) India is a non-profit association dedicated to promoting advocating & spreading the usage & expansion of swatantra software in country.
• A stride is the inimitable initiative taken by The Entrepreneurship Club & The Colloquium Committee to enthuse fledgling individuals to embrace imagination, innovation & creativity.
Abhyudaya ’12, the B-School Fest of Institute for Financial Management and Research was conducted successfully on the February 18 and 19, 2012.
The institute has a State-of-the-art library comprising all reference & general books. It is accessible for Institute's Researchers, Faculty Members, and Students along with outsiders for their research & academic requirements. It is a cache library for all GATT, World Bank &UNU. The lists of services provided by the library are:
• Elsevier Science Directory Online database Service
• EBSCO Host Online Database
• Prowess : A database of large and medium Indian firms
IFMR has Reuters database in the trading floor and advanced software like SPSS, EViews, MATLAB, Statistica, etc. to analyze data. Some other features of the trading floor are:
• IFMR’s trading floor includes 26 Dell computer ports; all armed with a 2 GHz Pentium Core, 2 GB RAM & 2 Duo processors.
• Additionally, it has LCD televisions presenting business news & LCD monitor that shows multi-screens like text, financial news channels & presentations, along with a high-tech LCD projector.
• A 5.5-foot NCDEX ticker-board facilitates real feedstuffs from equality markets with connectivity to all workstations
10% of the students get attractive Scholarships ranging up to 50% of tuition fees on a yearly basis based on the academic performance at IFMR.