Visvesvaraya Technological University (VTU) MBA & MCA Admission 2018
Last Updated -
June 22 2018
VTU (Visvesvaraya Technological University) is one of the largest technological university, which came into existence in the year 1998. There are 208 colleges affiliated to it. Aspirants want admission to these courses, required to appear in an entrance examination, known as Karnataka Management Aptitude Test (KMAT) organized by Karnataka Private PG Colleges Association. The University provides different graduated and postgraduate courses.
VTU Master’s level courses also comprise Master of Computer Application (MCA) and Master of Business Administration (MBA). The last date to submit KMAT application form.
- Selection will be based on KMAT result.
- It will not follow a centralized process and will be various for various institutions.
- Application forms are available only in online method and can be filled by visiting the official website i.e. www.kmat.ac.in
- Application fee of INR 800 can be paid via online mode, and it is same for all the categories.
- Aspirants who have successfully registered can download KMAT Hall Ticket.
- Selection will be followed by counseling.
- However, some institutions/colleges under VTU can also organize group discussion/interview
- VTU comprises document verification procedure which is followed by the seat allocation.
Period of MCA is three years, while MBA is for two years.
VTU MBA & MCA Admission 2018 Important Dates MBA/PGDM & MCA
|Registration||20th May - 16th July, 2018|
|Date of Entrance Examination||30th Jul, 2018|
VTU MBA & MCA Admission 2018 Eligibility Criteria MCA & MBA/PGDM
Aspirants must fulfill the eligibility criteria to participate in the application procedure. VTU MBA and MCA Eligibility criteria are mentioned below
Eligibility Criteria for MBA
- Bachelor’s degree with minimum 3 years period with at least 50% marks in case of General/OBC category aspirants and 5% exemption for SC/ST aspirants.
- Master’s degree from any recognized education body in Commerce, Management, Arts, Social Sciences, Engineering, Technology or equivalent, and have secured at least 50% of marks in the aggregate (45% for SC/ST aspirant).
Note: Aspirants in their final year of bachelor’s degree are also qualified.
Eligibility Criteria for MCA
- Bachelor's degree with at least 50% marks for General/OBC category aspirants and 45% for SC/ST aspirants.
- Aspirants should have studied Maths at 10+2 stage or at graduation level.
VTU MBA & MCA Admission 2018 Application Procedure MCA & MBA/PGDM
Karnataka Private PG Colleges Association (KPPGCA) will announce the application form for KMAT
. After filling all the details i.e. Aspirant’s name, Date of Birth, gender, nativity, Father’s name, E-mail ID and contact details, click on ‘Submit’ tab.Aspirants will then be allocated a ‘Reference Number’. Qualified candidates must fill the online application form by visiting the official website of KMAT i.e. www.kmat.ac.in.
- Aspirants have to upload scanned images of passport size photograph & signature (maximum 500kb)
- Please take a printout of the application form as a proof of acknowledgment
- Aspirants must register themselves first. It will be sent to the mobile number and email ID at the time of applying
- Online application fee can be paid via credit card, debit card, Net Banking, wallets and other types of online payment.
- Next, re-login using the reference number and DOB in order to fill the form.
- The application fee for all categories is INR 800
- Afterward, they need to fill in final KMAT Application Form.
- Offer all the necessary details i.e. personal detail, educational information and fill your appropriate exam centers.
Note: Aspirant registering for MBA and MCA both will need to register separately for each course
VTU MBA & MCA Admission 2018 Selection and Counseling Procedure MCA & MBA/PGDM
Selection to VTU MBA and MCA will be based on the following selection procedure
- It contains 120 multiple choice questions divided into three sections.
- Institutions under VTU for MBA and MCA admissions will hold a separate selection process for counseling for final admissions.
- Some colleges/institutions can organize group discussion round/interviews.
- In such colleges, the selection is based on KMAT result and interview/discussion round.
- The period of the exam will be 120 minutes (2 hours)
- VTU Counseling will comprise document verification procedure followed by the seat allocation.
- Selection will be on the basis of KMAT entrance examination
- KMAT is a paper pen-based test.
- Post declaration of KMAT result, there will be no centralized selection process for the Karnataka Management Aptitude Test (KMAT).
VTU MBA & MCA Admission 2018 Minimum cut off
Cut off is the minimum percentage need to be qualified for admission to the program. It will be prepared category wise. wCut off for various categories is mentioned in the table below
*The article might have information for the earlier academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification allocated by the University/College
Share on Whatsapp