University of Gour Banga M.A, M.Com and M.Sc Admission 2018

Last Updated - June 27 2018

The University of Gour Banga invites aspirants for admission in PG (PG) courses under the CET UGB Main Campus & other colleges. UGB provides time to time reservations and scholarships for meritorious students.

Under the provisions of the university panel, 60% of the total seats are reserved for the students of the UGB itself, the rest 40% for other aspirants. Further to university focuses on special innovations for the welfare of the staff and students in the campus and other colleges. UGB provides postgraduate courses concerned to Arts, Commerce and Science courses; M.A., M.COM, M.Sc.

 

MASTER OF ARTS (M.A.)

DURATION: 2 Years (4 Semesters)

Seats Available per Specialization

COURSESEATS
ARABIC100
BENGALI100
ECONOMICS100
EDUCATION100
ENGLISH100
GEOGRAPHY40
PHILOSOPHY100
POLITICAL SCIENCE100
HISTORY100
SANSKRIT100
SOCIOLOGY100

MASTER OF COMMERCE (M.COM):-

Duration: 2 Years (4 Semesters)

No. of seats available: 100

MASTER OF SCIENCE (M.Sc.):-

Seats Available per Specialization

COURSESEATS
BOTANY40
PHYSICS40
CHEMISTRY40
COMPUTER SCIENCE40
ZOOLOGY40
MATHEMATICS80
  • START DATE - END DATE

    06th Jul, 2018 - 24th Jul, 2018

  • Method of Application

    Online & Offline Both

Important Dates

MA & M.Sc
STATUSEVENTDATE
Application form06th - 24th Jul, 2018
Eligibility
MA , M.Sc & M.Com

Students must have passed bachelor degree in relevant field from a recognized university are qualified to apply.

Step To Apply

MA , M.Sc & M.Com
  • . Along with the form a payment of INR 400 or INR 150 for SC/ST has to be deposited.
  • Selected candidates have to present themselves with original testimonials (mark sheet & age proof) and other important documents for claiming quota during the scheduled admission process.
  • After submission and verification of all the original documents, a free book will be issued along with certificate through which the fee payment has to be conducted.
  • The candidates have to present the same cash book to the university office for enrollment procedure and roll no. For students selected in Malda/Balurghat College, the same has to be done within the next 3 days of the admission to prevent cancellation of admission.

DOCUMENTS REQUIRED AT THE TIME OF APPLICATION PROCESS:-

All the documents that are to be presented during the counseling have to be self-attested. 
  • Selected aspirants have to current themselves with original testimonials (mark sheet & age proof) and other important documents for claiming quota during the scheduled admission procedure.
  • After submission and verification of all the original documents, a free book will be allowed along with certificate via which the fee payment has to be organized.
  • The aspirants have to current the same cash book to the university office for enrollment process and roll no. Need documents during the procedure are as follows.

    • Migration certificate may be submitted within 30 days after the admission.
    • For reserved category, certificate of SC/ST/OBC allowed by a suitable authority has to be presented.
    • Admit card/Madhyamik for verification of date of birth.
    • For aspirants under sports quota, photocopies of certificates of any games/sports or cultural competition are to be presented.
    • Photocopies of all the Mark sheets of examination cleared University Registration Certificate and a passport size photograph.

    OTHER SERVICES OFFERED TO STUDENTS

    • LIBRARY
    • GAMES AND SPORTS
    • ANTI-RAGGING CELL & CELL AGAINST SEXUAL HARASSMENT
    • HEALTH CARE UNIT
    • FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE UNIT

    ​OTHER IMPORTANT INFORMATION

    • All aspirants have to maintain at least 75% attendance in all lectures and tutorials throughout the session in order to appear for the examination.
    • Students have to maintain the branch and decor as per the University Guidelines.
    • The admission of a student may be treated as canceled if he/she fails to attend at least 50% of the classes organized on the first 15 days after the commencement of classes.
  • Admission Procedure

    MA , M.Sc & M.Com

    • Selection of each aspirant will be based on the marks obtained in the Honors course (merit basis).
    • If the honors degree is finished before 2016, 5% marks for each year may be deducted from the total marks obtained.
    • In case of equal marks in Honors, the ranking will be based on the latest organized exams.

    Course and Fees Structure

    MA , M.Sc & M.Com

    MASTER OF SCIENCE (M.Sc.)

    Seats Available per Specialization

    COURSESEATS
    BOTANY40
    PHYSICS40
    CHEMISTRY40
    COMPUTER SCIENCE40
    ZOOLOGY40
    MATHEMATICS8

     Reservation Criteria

    • Course wise reservation for SC (22%), ST (6%), and OBC: Category-A (10%) & Category-B (7%) and Physically Handicapped/Challenged (3%) is maintained.
    • In case of non-availability of aspirants on either of the two slots, the percentage division may be revised.
    • 60% of the total seats are reserved for the students of UGB, the rest 40% are open for all applying aspirants.

    *The article might have information for the earlier academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification allowed by the University/College


    Share on Whatsapp

    Add Your Comment Displaying 0 Comments

    Leave a comment

    (Required)
    (Will not be published) (Required)

    Subscribe to News Letter