SGBAU (Sant Gadge Baba Amravati University) M.Phil and Ph.D Admissions 2018
Last Updated -
February 28 2018
Sant Gadge Baba Amravati University (SGBAU) is the State/public University imparting professional and non-professional education, research and training in different streams. The university.y has around 80 affiliated colleges which provide admission to the following research programmes.
- Master of Philosophy (M.Phil.)
- Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.)
Only aspirants with the relevant qualifying Post Graduate degree can register for the above-mentioned research programmes. Seats are reserved for SC/ST/OBC aspirants who are natives of the state of Maharashtra.
Aspirants can register for admission by filling in the online application form and submit it along with the procedure fee to the university office, on or before the due date. Admission to the research programmes is done on the basis of marks secured by the aspirants in the Entrance test and interview organizeed by the university.
Important Dates for SGBAU (Sant Gadge Baba Amravati University) M.Phil and Ph.D Admissions 2018 M.Phil/Ph.D in Education, M.Phil/Ph.D in Arts, M.Phil/Ph.D in Science, M.Phil/Ph.D in Management & M.Phil/Ph.D in Commerce
|Registration||16th - 21st Feb, 2018|
|Date of Entrance Examination||22nd Feb, 2018|
Eligibility Criteria for SGBAU M.Phil and Ph.D Admissions 2018 M.Phil/Ph.D in Education, M.Phil/Ph.D in Arts & M.Phil/Ph.D in Science
M.Phil. – 1 year
Hindi/English/Marathi/Sanskrit/Botany/Physics/Mathematics/Statistics/Computer Science/Geology/Microbiology/Electronics/Bio-Technology/Bio-Chemistry/Sociology/ History/Political Science/Geography/Economics/Library & Information Science/ Education/Physical Education/Home Science)
- Aspirants working in an organization which have MOU with University, Regular/adhoc/ contract/ CHB faculty/Teaching cum Research Fellow from Educational institutions, R&D organizations and the professionals from Govt, public sector Undertaking can apply for part-time Ph.D.
- The aspirant should have passed Post Graduate examination in the related subject with at least 55% marks (40% in Economics)/equivalent grade in the qualifying examination. For the reserved category aspirants, at least need aggregate is 50% in all the disciplines except Economics.
Ph.D. - 3-5 years
(Faculty of Arts (including Fine Art) /Faculty of Science /Faculty of Law /Faculty of Medicine (Pharmaceutical Sciences) /Faculty of Commerce /Faculty of Education /Faculty of Engineering and Technology /Faculty of Social Sciences /Faculty of Home Science)
Aspirants must possess Master’s Degree with minimum 55% marks (50% marks for SC/ST aspirants) in the related subject from any recognised University.
How to Apply for SGBAU M.Phil and Ph.D Admissions 2018 M.Phil/Ph.D in Education, M.Phil/Ph.D in Arts & M.Phil/Ph.D in Science
- The aspirant must print the duly filled-in application forms and send it along with the procedures fee in the form of Demand Draft (DD) to the university office. DD should be made in favour of “Registrar, Sant Gadge Baba Amravati University, Amravati” and sent along with the finished application to the following address:
- Aspirants need to download the online application form available at the university website and fill it with all the relevant information
Central Admission Committee,
Sant Gadge Baba Amravati University,
Note: Application fee for Ph.D. is Rs. 1000/-
- S.S.C. Mark sheet /S.S.C. Certificate (Board)/ H.S.C. Mark sheet
- Marks sheet of all years of graduation degree/equivalent
- Marks sheet of all years of Post Graduate degree/equivalent
- Caste certificate
- NOC from a valid authority to prove that the aspirant does not belong to creamy layer
- Two copies of Transfer certificate alloted by Principal/ Head of Department of the institute last attended
- Medical fitness certificate alloted by the competent authority.
- No objection certificate from the related department in case is the aspirant is working
- Passport size Photograph (self-attested)
Admission Procedure of SGBAU (Sant Gadge Baba Amravati University) M.Phil and Ph.D Admissions 2018 M.Phil/Ph.D in Education, M.Phil/Ph.D in Arts & M.Phil/Ph.D in Science
Aspirants shall be selected to the Ph.D./M.Phil. programme on the basis of the scores obtained in the entrance test, followed by the interview round.
Note: Aspirants who have qualified UGC/CSIR (JRF) or possess regular M.Phil. degree in the relevant subject or teacher fellowship does not need to appear in the Ph.D. Entrance/Aptitude Test. Selection of such aspirants shall be based on the interview.
Reservation Criteria for SGBAU M.Phil and Ph.D Admissions 2018
Share on Whatsapp
- 20% seats are reserved for aspirants of any other recognised Indian university
- Only the SC/ST/OBC aspirants of Maharashtra State shall be considered under the reserved category. Other SC/ST/OBC aspirants shall be treated as open category
- 70% of the total intake capacity is reserved for the internal students of the university
- The remaining 10% seats are reserved for the aspirants from any foreign university