RU (Ravenshaw University) Ph.D. Admissions 2018

Last Updated - February 15 2018

RU (Ravenshaw University) Ph.D. Admissions  2018

Founded in 1868, Ravenshaw University is one of the oldest universities in India and is situated in Cuttack, Odisha.  Certified by UGC & NAAC with ‘A’ grade, the University has a total of 27 departments out of which 20 are post-graduate departments. At present, the university runs 23 postgraduate (PG) courses with research facilities and 27 undergraduate (UG) honours courses in addition to the Ph.D. and M.Phil programme.

The university provides Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) programme in the following 22 branches:

  • Geology
  • Sanskrit
  • Rural Development
  • History
  • Sociology
  • Physics
  • Biotechnology
  • Philosophy
  • Hindi
  • Chemistry
  • Odia
  • Applied Geography
  • English
  • Statistics
  • Education
  • Economics
  • Botany
  • Commerce (Management)
  • Business Administration
  • Commerce
  • Zoology
  • Political Science

Aspirants can get admission to the Ph.D. programme on the basis of their performance in Research Eligibility Test (RET) and interview, both organizeed by the university. Aspirants can register themselves to the above-mentioned branches by submitting duly filled-in application forms along with the application fee of Rs. 1500/- via online payment mode.

  • Method of Application

    Online & Offline Both

  • END DATE

    10th Jun 2018


Important Dates for RU (Ravenshaw University) Ph.D. Admissions  2018

M.Phil/Ph.D in Science
STATUSEVENTDATE
Application form10th Jun, 2018

Eligibility

MA , M.Sc & MCA

  • Aspirant must possess master’s degree or equivalent degree from this university or any other recognised university with at least 55% aggregate of marks (open category aspirants) and 50% marks (SC/ST category aspirants)
  • Aspirant must complete written examination i.e. Research Eligibility Test (RET) with at least 30% marks to qualify for the interview round
  • For Business Administration, the aspirant must possess M.Sc./M.A./M.Com./LL.M or an equivalent degree with at least 55% marks. Students with M.Tech /M.E./MCA/MBA/ degree or an equivalent degree with at least 60% marks from a recognised university are also applicable to apply for the course
  • Relaxation of 5% in the at least need marks shall be given to SC/ST aspirants
  • In case the aspirant wishes to appear straight for the interview round, he/she should have qualified any of the following tests - NET/JRF, SLET, GATE or INSPIRE Fellowship, Rajiv Gandhi Fellowship, Maulana Azad Fellowship, UGC National Fellowship (for OBC aspirants) etc.


How To Apply for RU Ph.D. Admissions  2018

MA , M.Sc & MCA

  • Aspirants must fill the online registration form available on the university website “https://eadmission.ravenshawuniversity.ac.in‟
  • The aspirant must submit the related application fee of Rs. 1500/- via online payment method before submitting the application online.
  • After submitting the online application form successfully, the aspirant should take two printouts of application forms. One copy will be retained by the participant and the other one will be submitted during Interview along with the copy of E-receipt
  • Photocopies of documentary evidence for being exempted from written examination.
  • Along with the copy of the application form and e-receipt, aspirants also need to submit copies of all relevant documents during the time of the interview, if selected. or equivalent examination.

Enclosures to be submitted at the time of interview

 

  1. Print out of the application form
  2. E-receipt for Rs.1500/-
  3. Photocopies of Mark sheet and Certificate of the HSC/10th, +2/12th and Degree or equivalent examination
  4. Photocopies of Mark sheet and Provisional Certificate of the last qualifying P.G.


Admission Procedure of RU (Ravenshaw University Ph.D. Admissions  2018

MA , M.Sc & MCA

  • Selection of the aspirants to the Ph.D. programme is done on the basis of their performance in the Research Eligibility Test (RET) and Interview, both organizeed by the university
  • Selection of the aspirants who are exempted from written test will be done based on their performance in the interview only. In such cases, the interview shall be of 100 marks.
  • Performance of the aspirant in the written examination will constitute 70% of the total weightage for admission and the remaining 30% will be done based on the aspirant’s performance in interview


Reservation for RU Ravenshaw University Ph.D. Admissions 2018

Reservation of seats under different categories are as follows:-

 
CategorySeats reserved (%)
  1. Scheduled Caste (SC)
16.25%
  1. Scheduled Tribe (ST)
22.50%


Share on Whatsapp

Add Your Comment Displaying 0 Comments

Leave a comment

(Required)
(Will not be published) (Required)

Subscribe to News Letter