RGUKT (Rajiv Gandhi University of Knowledge Technologies) Ph.D. Admissions 2018

Last Updated - July 04 2018

Rajiv Gandhi University of Knowledge Technologies, Basara (RGUKT-Basara) was established in 2008 and is located at Basar, Telangana. The institution follows the norms and regulations of UGC. The college comes under autonomous Institutions specialized in teaching and research sector in Information Technology and engineering. The programmes of the University are offered at two of its campuses, Nazvid Campus and RK Valley Campus. The University also provides scholarship facility to those belonging to the economically backward sections of the society.

The University invites applications from the RGUKT Lecturers working in any of its Science and Engineering Departments and desirous of enrolling for the Ph.D. programme for the academic year. The Application process will begin in May and the application must be submitted within the stipulated time.

  • Mode of Application

    Online

  • START DATE - END DATE

    02nd May, 2018 - 20th May, 2018

Important Dates

M.Phil/Ph.D in Engineering
STATUSEVENTDATE
Registration02nd - 20th May, 2018
Eligibility Criteria

Ph.D. (Engineering) Programme

You should have an M.Tech / MS Degree in an appropriate branch with GATE or Equivalent Qualification with a minimum of 7.5 CGPA out of 10 in your postgraduate qualification for general category and 7.0 for SC / ST category.

You should also have a first Class performance all through the academic career.

Ph.D. (Science) Programme

  • If you belong to the SC / ST category, you should have a minimum CPI is 6.5 and mark requirement of 65 percent.
  • You should have a First Class Master’s degree in MA / M.Sc. in an appropriate branch with minimum CPI of 7.0 or 70% of marks.
  • You should also have First Class Performance all through in your academic career.
  • You must have qualified CSIR-JRF or NET; or UGC-JRF or NET Qualified.

Application Apply Process

You should access the Application Form from the University website.

You must sign the Application at the appropriate place. You should take a print out of the filled up Application.

Application Fee: You should pay an application fee of Rs.400 for general category and Rs. 300 for SC/ST category, in any nationalized bank through a Demand Draft drawn in favor of The Registrar, RGUKT, payable at Hyderabad. You should then click on the “Online Application link” and fill the details in the respective fields.

You must verify the information after filling. It must also be signed by your respective Director (In the space given for Director's Signature).

You should attach the all relevant documents to the application form, and write "Application for the Ph.D. program" on the envelope cover.

You must then post the application form with enclosures to below address:

The Registrar, RGUKT, 1 ST Floor, Vindhya-C4 Building, IIIT-H Campus, Gachibowli, Hyderabad-500032

You should then submit the Application Form.

After submitting the online application form, it will be saved as a PDF file.

Admission Process

Your selection to the Ph.D. programme will be by a selection process which may include a written test followed by an interview. The basis for the examinations shall be to test the capability to carry on research work of a high quality.

You are exempted from writing the Written Entrance Examination if you have qualified GATE/UGC-JRF/UGC-NET/UGC-SET.

Admissions to the first year of Integrated B Tech Program (2018-19) will be based on merit in the Grade Point Average (GPA) and Grade obtained in each subject in 10th (x) class, and by following the statutory reservations of the State. A deprivation score of 0.4 prescribed by the Government for the year 2018-19 under Statute 13 (3) shall be added to the 10th class GPA of those applicants who studied in non-residential Government Schools including the Zilla Parishad and Municipal Schools, with an objective of providing weight age to the socio-economically challenged Aspirants in the admission procedure.

At RGUKT, Basar, admissions to 85% of the total available seats shall be reserved for the parmanent Aspirants (Osmania University area, Telangana State) and the remaining 15% of the seats shall be un-reserved (these seats will be filled with both States Telangana and Andhra Pradesh Aspirants based on merit) as specified in the Presidential Order 371 Article D in consonance to Section 95 of the A.P. Reorganization Act, 2014.

Reservation Criteria

The reservation policy will be as per the norms prescribed by the Government of Andhra Pradesh.

*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification allowed by the University/College


Share on Whatsapp

Add Your Comment Displaying 0 Comments

Leave a comment

(Required)
(Will not be published) (Required)

Subscribe to News Letter