Ravenshaw University M.Phil Admissions 2018

Last Updated - February 15 2018

Founded in 1868, Ravenshaw University is one of the oldest universities in India and is situated in Cuttack, Odisha.  Certified by UGC & NAAC with ‘A’ grade, the University has a total of 27 departments out of which 20 are post-graduate departments. At present, the university runs 23 postgraduate (PG) courses with research facilities and 27 undergraduate (UG) honors courses in addition to the Ph.D. and M.Phil programme.

The university provides Master of Philosophy (M.Phil.) programme in the following 23 branches:

  1. Applied Geography
  2. Botany
  3. Chemistry
  4. Commerce
  5. Economics
  6. Education
  7. English
  8. Geology
  9. Hindi
  10. History
  11. Management
  12. Mathematics
  13. Odia
  14. Physics
  15. Philosophy
  16. Political Science
  17. Sanskrit
  18. Statistics
  19. Sociology
  20. Zoology
  21. Women's Studies
  22. International Studies
  23. Psychology

Aspirants can get admission to the M.Phil. programme on the basis of their performance in entrance test and interview, both organized by the university. Aspirants can register themselves to the above-mentioned branches by submitting duly filled-in application forms along with the application fee of Rs. 500/- via online payment mode.

  • Method of Application

    Online & Offline Both

  • END DATE

    10th Jun, 2018

RSU M.Phil Admissions 2018 Important Dates

M.Phil/ Ph.D. in Education
STATUSEVENTDATE
Last date for submitting the Application10th Jun, 2018

RSU M.Phil Admissions 2018 Eligibility Criteria

M.Phil/ Ph.D. in Education

  • The aspirant must possess the post-graduate degree in the related subjects with minimum 55% of aggregate marks and 50% (for SC/ST aspirants). Students having a CGPA of 5.5. are also applicable to apply for the programme
  • Relaxation of 5% in the at least need marks shall be given to SC/ST aspirants
  • Aspirant must complete written examination with at least 30% marks to qualify for the interview round
  • The aspirant who has scored at least 55% aggregate of marks at Post Graduate level can get admission to M.Phil. in Women’s Studies or International Studies course

RSU M.Phil Admissions 2018 How To Apply

M.Phil/ Ph.D. in Education

  • Aspirants must fill the online registration form available on the university website “https://eadmission.ravenshawuniversity.ac.in‟
  • The aspirant must submit the related application fee of Rs. 500/- via online payment method before submitting the application online
  • Aspirants need to submit copies of all relevant documents during the time of the interview if selected.  
  • After submitting the online application form successfully, the aspirant should take a printout of application form

Enclosures submitted at the time of interview

  1. Print out of the application form with a recent passport size photograph affixed on it
  2. E-receipt for Rs.500/-
  3. Photocopies of Mark sheet and Certificate of the last qualifying Post Graduate examination
  4. Photocopies of documentary evidence for being exempted category (if any) OR a photocopy of Hall Ticket of the last qualifying examination (in case the result is not published)

Enclosures submitted at the time of admission

  1. All original certificates and documents in support of qualifications, organize and College Leaving Certificate
  2. Blood Group Certificate
  3. Four recent stamp size color photographs
  4. Demand Draft for admission fees as intimated by the university office
  5. Anti-ragging affidavit
  6. Aspirant has to give an undertaking that he/ she is not working in any State/ Central/ Private college/university/ institution either on short time/ full-time basis

RSU M.Phil Admissions 2018 Admission Procedure

M.Phil/ Ph.D. in Education

  • Selection of the aspirants to the M.Phil. the programme is done on the basis of their performance in the written test and interview, both organized by the university
  • Aspirants who have qualified NET/SLET/GATE examination shall be exempted from the MAT (M.Phil. Admission Test) and their selection will be done based on their performance in the interview only. In such cases, the interview shall be of 100 marks
  • Performance of the aspirant in the written examination will constitute 70% of the total weight for admission and the remaining 30% will be done based on the aspirant’s performance in interview


Share on Whatsapp

Add Your Comment Displaying 0 Comments

Leave a comment

(Required)
(Will not be published) (Required)

Subscribe to News Letter