20th Aug, 2018
Method of Application
Online & Offline Both
Karnataka State Open University is a recognized University of Distance Education Council (DEC), New Delhi, regular member of the Association of Indian Universities (AIU), Delhi, permanent member of Association of Commonwealth Universities (ACU), London, UK, Asian Association of Open Universities (AAOU), Beijing, China, and also has association with Commonwealth of Learning (COL). KSOU invites application for its B. Ed & M. Ed courses.KSOU Karnataka has issued the notification for admission to B.Ed. Program for the academic year 2018-19. Aspirants can check the complete details of Karnataka B.Ed. application, eligibility criteria and other information on this given below.
Established in the year 1996, Karnataka State Open University is accepted as the 8th Open University instituted in India. Being a pioneer of distance learning in the country, it aims at imparting quality education not only to the door steps of the Aspirants in the State of Karnataka but all over the world
It is commended as a leader in Open Distance Learning system in the country, recognized by the Distance Education Council (New Delhi) as well as the University Grants Commission. It is also a member of AIU (Association of Indian Universities)
20th Aug, 2018
Online & Offline Both
|Application form||20th Aug, 2018|
Those who meet all the criteria mentioned here under are qualified to apply for B.Ed Degree Programme.
Teacher/Educational Establishations, possessing B. Ed, Degree from Karnataka/Other States/Union Territories with minimum 50% (45% for SC/ST/Cat-I) are qualified to apply.
Karnataka State Open University (KSOU) application procedure comprise five steps as mentioned under:-
1. For admission in KSOU, candidates can opt for Free Counseling for guidance and selection of course according to their requirements.
2. After choosing the desired course, candidates can fill the application form online or can also send the completed application form by email or by post.
3. As the application form is filled, Process of fee payment starts, where, the candidates have an option to either pay the fees in lump sum to avail exciting offers or in convenient installments. It is easy to pay fees with the help of convenient payment options by debit/credit card, bank transfer, cheque etc.
4. As the KSOU receives the documents of the registered candidate, the University sends them for verification. After verification, the admission of the candidate is confirmed.
5. After the admission confirmation, Karnataka State Open University (KSOU) generates student ID along with the Study Material and it is dispatched within 7-10 working days.M.Ed
Candidates who have completed their :-
(2) B. A. B.Ed.
(3) B. Sc. B.Ed.
(4) B.El. Ed. (Bachelor B.Ed. Elementary Education is eligible) from NCTE recognized Colleges of Education affiliated to Recognized Non Agricultural Universities
(5) (5) D. El. Ed. with Graduation, (having 50% marks in both Diploma and Degree), Open Category as well as Aspirants of all categories from outside Universities of Maharashtra, who have secured minimum 50% marks (marks obtained in between 49.50% to 49.99% will be considered as 50%) and those Aspirants belonging to Backward Class Category (including SC, ST, VJ/DT, NT-1, NT-2, NT-3, OBC, SBC), who have secured minimum 45% marks (mark obtained in between 44.50% to 44.99% will be considered as 45%) and in case of D.LE.Ed. with graduation (Aspirants having 45% marks in Diploma and Degree) will be eligible for CET Examination being conducted for M. Ed. Admissions.
B) The Aspirants who have appeared for B.Ed Examination held in the months of March/ April/May 2016 are eligible to appear for CET (M.Ed). The Aspirants whose results are declared before the schedule of filling of Option Form and who are qualified as per Rule 2.1 (a) and 6.1 and those who will fill in Option Form, their names will be included in the Merit List.
The results of B.Ed Exam of those Aspirants are declared after Admission Process has started, and if they are eligible as per Rule 2.1 (a) & 6.1 can fill up the Option Form and their names will be included in the Progressive Admission Process Round. Such Aspirants cannot claim his seat according to merit in the earlier Round of Centralized Admission Process conducted before filling up the Option Form.
C) Aspirants who has completed their B.Ed from the universities which give Grades instead of marks will have to attach a certificate of equivalent Marks shown against the grades from the competent authority of the University/Department. Aspirants will have to attach the decoding list where the Codes are given to the subjects.
D) The merit of the Aspirants (and minimum eligibility criteria) will be decided by considering the total percentage of marks secured by the Aspirants for B.Ed degree. If the university has given marks for theory examination and grades for internal assessment, it is the responsibility of the Aspirants to get the grade converted into marks. Such Aspirants will have to compulsorily submit the certified Table of the University for Grade Conversion.
Documents for applying online:
1) Visit to the official site which is www. karnatakastateopenuniversity.in/ or www. karnatakastateopenuniversity.in/.
2) Find link with the name” KSOU B.ED online application form and click on it.
3) Candidates are required to fill mandatory field of application completely & click on the submit button.
4) After submission registration number, password and challan details will be displayed by the system.
6) Save & take print out copy of application form for future use.
Payment of fees
1. Admission fee Rs. 1,000/- through DD/Cheque only.
2. Candidates on getting selected for the course are required to pay Rs 7,500/- as registration & programme fees during First Year.
3. Rs 5,800/- to be paid in II year as programme fees and exam fees.
D) The merit of the Aspirant (and minimum eligibility criteria) will be decided by considering the total percentage of marks secured by the aspirant for B.Ed degree. El. If the university has given marks for theory examination and grades for internal assessment, it is the responsibility of the aspirant to get the grade converted into marks. with Graduation, (having 50% marks in both Diploma and Degree), Open Category as well as aspirants of all categories from outside Universities of Maharashtra, who have secured minimum 50% marks (marks obtained in between 49.50% to 49.99% will be considered as 50%) and those aspirants belonging to Backward Class Category (including SC, ST, VJ/DT, NT-1, NT-2, NT-3, OBC, SBC), who have secured minimum 45% marks (mark obtained in between 44.50% to 44.99% will be considered as 45%) and in case of D.LE.Ed. Admission fee Rs. 1,000/- via DD/Cheque only. Rs 5,800/- to be paid in II year as programme fees and exam fees. Ed. Ed. with graduation (aspirants having 45% marks in Diploma and Degree) will be qualified for CET Examination being organizeed for M.Mark sheet
Selection will depend on counselling. Counselling will be held after merit list releasement. Entrance Examination will be held at Bangalore, Mysore, Dharwad and Gulbarga. Entrance exam would be organizeed by the University during the month of November/December based on chosen school subjects and subjects studied by the student at degree level.
*The article might have information for the earlier academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification alloted by the University/College