IIT (Indian Institute of Technology) Patna PhD Admission 2018
Last Updated -
March 07 2018
IIT Patna (Indian Institute of Technology, Patna) is one of the most renowned institutions in India, was founded in 2009. The institute offers a number of undergraduate, postgraduate and research programs in engineering and technology field.
IIT Patna provides PhD program in 10 specializations and selection is based on the academic qualifications, work experience followed by interview/ written test. Applicable aspirants can apply for admission in the month of March 2018. Bright candidates can also get direct admission into the institution.
- Shortlisted aspirants will be called to the venue (IIT Patna) on the allotted date and time for interview round.
- Shortlisting will be based on their educational qualifications and work experience.
- Document verification procedure will also take place on the same day.
- Application form along with DD and other relevant documents must be sent to the institute.
- Application fee of INR 300 for unreserved (General/ OBC male) and INR 150 for reserved category (others) aspirants must be paid via Demand Draft payable at Patna.
- Application forms will be available only in online method and can be accessed by visiting the official IIT Patna website i.e. www.iitp.ac.in.
IIT Patna PhD Branches
IIT Patna provides PhD in 10 branches in three streams i.e. Engineering, Humanities & Social Science and Science. All the branches are mentioned in the table below.
1. PhD Engineering Branches
|Chemical & Biochemical Engineering||Civil & Environmental Engineering|
|Computer Science & Engineering||Electrical Engineering|
Materials Science & Engineering
2. PhD Science Branches
3. PhD in Humanities and Social Science.
Important Dates for IIT (Indian Institute of Technology) Patna PhD Admission 2018 M.Phil/Ph.D in Engineering & M.Phil/Ph.D in Science
|Registration||21st Mar - 12th Apr, 2018|
IIT Patna PhD 2018 Eligibility Criteria M.Phil/Ph.D in Engineering & M.Phil/Ph.D in Science
At Least eligibility criteria for admission into PhD programs are given below
For PhD in Engineering Programs:
- Should have Bachelor’s degree in Engineering from institutes other than IITs in a relevant area with an at least CPI of 8.0 or 75% marks; or
- Aspirants should have M.Tech/M.E degree in Engineering, with an at least CPI of 6.5 or 60% marks; or
- Bachelor’s degree from IIT in a relevant area with an at least CPI of 7.0 Master’s degree in Science in a relevant area with an at least CPI of 7.5 or 70%
For PhD in Science Programs:
- Master’s degree in Engineering/Technology in a relevant area with an at least CPI of 6.5 or 60% marks; or
- Bachelor’s degree in a concerned area in Engineering/Technology (from any Institute other than IITs/IISc) in a relevant area with an at least CPI of 8.0 or 75% marks
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering from an Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) in a relevant area with an at least CPI of 7.0; or
- Aspirants should have M.Phil. or Master’s degree in Science in a relevant area with an at least CPI of 6.5 or 60% marks; or
For PhD in Humanities and Social Sciences Programs:
- Aspirants should have M.Phil or master’s degree in Arts/Commerce/Science in a relevant area with an at least of 55% marks or equivalent
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering from any Institute other than IITs/IISc in a relevant area with an at least CPI of 7.5 or 80% marks
- Bachelor’s degree from an Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) in a relevant area with an at least CPI of 7.0; or
Check IIT Patna Admission 2017
Application Form for IIT Patna PhD 2018 M.Phil/Ph.D in Engineering & M.Phil/Ph.D in Science
Application form can be downloaded from website www.iitp.ac.in for July 2018 admission‚ the online link will remain active until 06th April 2018. The stepwise procedure is given below.
- Follow the instructions given in the section “Instruction to the aspirants”
- Go to the official website and click on the link “PhD Application Form”
- Demand Draft must be made from any nationalized bank of INR 300 for General/OBC (Male aspirants) and INR 150 for SC/ST/PD/Female aspirants, in favour of "IIT Patna" and payable at Patna
- Fill the application form i.e. individual details, academic qualification and work experience with the course applied and specialization.
- Aspirants are requested to send duly filled in application form along with all the documents and demand draft to
"The Assistant Registrar(Academics),
Indian Institute of Technology Patna,
- Documents to be attached with the application form
- self- attested copies of mark sheets & certificates (from class X to highest degree obtained/appeared)
- GATE /NET/Relevant certificate concerned to any fellowship
- experience certificate and other testimonials (both sides)
- caste certificate (if eligible)
- Demand Draft
- Other important certificates (if any
Selection Procedure of IIT Patna PhD 2018 M.Phil/Ph.D in Engineering & M.Phil/Ph.D in Science
Participants will be selected in IIT Patna PhD program on the basis of the following process
- Aspirants will be shortlisted based on the performance in GATE/NET, work experience and grades/marks in the qualifying examination
- Shortlisted aspirants will be called for Interview/ written test.
IIT Patna PhD Direct Admission
IIT Patna may admit exceptionally bright students and full-time (Institute Fellows) straight into the PhD program if they secured the top rank in the last qualifying degree from a reputed Institute/University including but not limited to the IITs‚ IISc Bangalore‚ IIM‚ NITIE‚ IISER‚ NIT‚ NISER. Also, SC/ ST aspirants will be given relaxation of 5% marks or 0.5 CPI.
Share on Whatsapp