IISER Pune Integrated PhD Admission 2018
Last Updated -
April 05 2018
IISER, Pune (Indian Institute of Science Education and Research, Pune) is Autonomous govt. institute. It is one of the top institutes in India in the field of Science Education and Research.
IISER Pune provides Integrated Ph.D. (i-PhD) as a research program with a blend of coursework (2 years) and research projects. On successful completion, students are honored both a Master's of Science and a Ph.D. degree.
The registration is done in online mode. Aspirants who wish to apply can submit the application form on the official website of the Institute i.e.www.iiserpune.ac.in.
The selection is done on the basis of entrance test score followed by an interview round. Shortlisted aspirants on the basis of their performance in both stages of selection procedure will be considered for admission to Integrated Ph.D. program in IISER.
Important Dates M.Phil/ Ph.D. in Science
|Registration||10th Mar - 17th April, 2018|
IISER Pune Integrated Ph.D. Eligibility Criteria
To be applicable for admission to integrated Ph.D. program in IISER Pune, Participants required to fulfill the clear eligibility criteria prescribed by the institute.
Eligibility for integrated Ph.D. in Physics
- Rank better than or equal to 500 in either JAM (Physics) or JEST (Physics).
- There is the relaxation of 5% marks for reserved category aspirants (SC/ ST).
- Participants required at least 60% marks in graduation degree to be applicable for admission procedure.
- Aspirants should have B.Sc./ B.Tech/ B.E degree from a recognized university or institute.
Eligibility for integrated Ph.D. in Biology
- Students having Bachelors or equivalent degree in any one of the following branches: Biological Sciences / Biodiversity / Chemistry / Ecology and Environmental Sciences / Mathematics / Physics / Pharmacy / Medical Sciences / Engineering (BE/ B.Tech.) from a recognised university or institute.
- Aspirants should have obtained at least 60% marks in bachelor’s degree to be applicable for admission.
- There is a relaxation of 5% marks for reserved category aspirants (SC/ ST).
- Aspirants must have qualified JGEEBILS exam.
- Participants in the final year of their Bachelor's degree are also applicable to apply.
Eligibility for integrated Ph.D. in Chemistry
- Aspirants who are in the final year of qualifying degree, who have to appear for the final exams can also apply for Int. Ph.D. program.
- The at least marks need to be applicable for admission is 60% (For SC/ ST).
- Participants should have B. Sc. Degree in Chemistry, Physics, and Biology from a recognised institute or university to be applicable for Ph.D. admission.
Additional Criteria: Aspirants with rank No. 800 or less in JAM (Chemistry) can apply for the Integrated Ph. D. program in Chemistry.
Eligibility for integrated Ph.D. in Mathematics
- Aspirants belonging to reserved category (SC/ ST) required 55% marks only.
- Students with at least 60% marks in aggregate or CGPA 6 out of 10 points in B.Sc. in any specialization can apply for Integrated Ph.D. Program in Mathematics.
Additional Criteria: Participants must have to qualify any of the entrance exam JAM in MA or MS only/ NBHM.
Read More IISER Admission
IISER Pune Integrated Ph.D. Application Process 2018
The registration is done in online method only. Aspirants are advised to check eligibility criteria before applying for the program. Applicable aspirants can submit the application form on the official website of IISER, Pune. No applications will be accepted after the deadline.
- All the information which is mentioned on the application form must be accurate and verified with original documents.
- Students have to pay an application fee at the time of registration procedure. It can be paid in online method via net banking, credit card and debit card.
- Mention a valid email address or phone number on the application form. All the information regarding interview round will be sent by email only.
Steps to Apply Online:
- Visit the official website i.e. www.iiserpune.ac.in.
- Click on admission tab
- Register by using your email id and password
- Login after the confirmation of email
- Fill the application form with all the need information
- Upload the scan copy of signature and photograph
- The image size should be less than 50K
- Verify all the filled information and save the application form
- Pay application fee either of the available mode
- Take the print out of application form
IISER Pune Integrated PhD Selection Procedure
The selection is done Based on entrance test score and interview round. Those who will qualify interview round will be considered for admission procedure.
- Those who will qualify final round of interview need to appear for document verification procedure.
- There will be two rounds of interviews. shortlisted aspirants from round one will be called for the second round of interview.
- Shortlisted aspirants on the basis of their entrance test score will be called for interview round.
- Participants have to bring all the need documents at the time of document verification procedure.
- Aspirants should come prepared to stay for minimum two days when they come for the interview.
*The article might have information for the earlier academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification allocated by the University/College
Share on Whatsapp