Calcutta University Master of Library & Information Science Admission 2018

Last Updated - November 30 2017

University of Calcutta, also known as Calcutta University is a public state university located in Kolkata, West Bengal. It was established on 24 January 1857 by the Act of Legislative Council of the British India. It is the first institution in South Asia to be established as a multidisciplinary and western style university. The University began functioning on the pattern of the University of London initially but eventually introduced its own modifications. The University still commands one of the top positions in a country providing education in UG, PG and Research Courses.

Calcutta University offers undergraduate and postgraduate courses in a variety of disciplines in Arts, Commerce, Law, Education, Journalism and Library Science, Science, Social Welfare, Engineering and Technology, Fine Arts, Music, and Home Science. Check Calcutta University Courses and Fees.

The University of Calcutta conducts separate admission process for UG, PG and Research courses. The application process is majorly online, however, for certain research programs, it is offline too. The general process for admission to UG courses is in May every year. The admission to most of the UG and PG courses is based on merit.

Master of Library & Information Science (MLIS) Course

Duly filled in an application in the prescribed form available on the University website for admission to the First Semester MLIS Course (2-year 4- semester Day) accompanied by the counterpart of receipt on payment of Rs. 300/- (for General and OBC Candidates) and Rs. 150/- (for SC/ST/PH candidates) at University Cash Counter will be received by the Department of Library & Information Science, Asutosh Building (3rd Floor), College Street, Kolkata – 700 073 from 11 A.M. to 2 P.M. 

Intake Capacity – 27 [60% direct admission for CU students according to marks and remaining 40% from rest applicants (CU and other University) by Admission Test (merit wise)].

Important Dates:

Master of Library & Information Science (MLIS)

EVENTDATE
Last Date of Application Form submissionMonday, 11 December 2017
Date of publication of merit list/Selection ListFriday, 15 December 2017
Date of Admission cum Counseling for 60% seatsTuesday, 19 December 2017
Date of Admission Test for remaining 40% seatsThursday, 21 December 2017
Date of Publication of Result for remaining 40% seats
Friday, 29 December 2017
Date of Admission cum Counseling for 40% seats
Tuesday, 03 January 2018
Date of Commencement of Class
Tuesday, 09 January 2018

Eligibility Criteria

The eligibility criteria for Master of Library & Information Science (MLIS) offered at University of Calcutta has been explained below:

  • A BLIS degree from this University in 2015 – 16 and 2016 – 17 sessions.
  • Candidates who have appeared in the BLIS Examination 2017 may also apply.
  • Candidates possessing BLIS or equivalent degree from other recognized Universities or Institutions in current session may also apply.

How to apply?

Interested & Eligible Candidate filled application form in the prescribed Format available on the University website for admission to the First Semester MLIS Course (2-year 4- semester Day). accompanied by the counterpart of receipt on payment of Rs. 300/- (for General and OBC Candidates) and Rs. 150/- (for SC/ST/PH candidates) at University Cash Counter will be received by the Department of Library & Information Science, Asutosh Building (3rd Floor), College Street, Kolkata – 700 073 from 11 A.M. to 2 P.M.. Forms sent by post will not be accepted.

Admission Process

The admission will be the basis of merit list. Selection will be made as per university rules.


Share on Whatsapp

Add Your Comment Displaying 0 Comments

Leave a comment

(Required)
(Will not be published) (Required)

Subscribe to News Letter