NEST 2018 Application Form, Eligibility, Exam Date, Syllabus
NEST 2018 Official Notification has been announced now. The application will be available from January 1, 2018. NEST (National Entrance Screening Entrance Test) is a national level entrance for students want admission to 5 year Integrated MSc Program in Basic Sciences “ Biology, Chemistry, Physics and Mathematics. NEST 2018 will be jointly organized by NISER, Bhubaneshwar and UM-DAE CEBS, Mumbai.
- NEST 2018 examination will be a Computer-Based Test (CBT/online exam). Check Here NEST Exam Format
- Result for NEST 2018 exam will be released on June 18, 2018.
- Participants must have secured at least 60 % for General category and at least 55 % for SC, ST, and PD category. Check NEST Eligibility
- The merit will be calculated on the basis of three highest scored sections including the first one.
- NEST 2018 Application Form will be available from January 1, 2018 to March 5, 2018.
- NEST 2018 Syllabus includes Physics, Chemistry, Biology and Mathematics.
- Aspirant can download NEST 2018 Hall Ticket from the official website from April 25, 2018 onwards.
- NEST 2018 is scheduled to be organized on June 2, 2018.
Highlights Table of NEST 2018
|Name of the Exam||NEST €“ National Entrance Screening Test|
|Date of NEST 2018 exam||June 2, 2018|
|Exam organizing body||National Institute of Science Education and Research (NISER)|
|Method of exam||Offline mode|
|Period of exam||3 hours|
|Number of Sections||5|
|Courses provided||5 years integrated M.Sc courses|
Exam Dates for NEST 2018
The online application form for NEST 2018 is expected to be available from the first week of January 2018. Aspirants can, however, go via the tentative important dates of NEST 2018 tabulated below
Eligibility Criteria for NEST 2018
NEST Eligibility Criteria includes several norms and rules that all aspirants must satisfy before applying for the entrance test. Some of the important Eligibility Criteria for NEST 2018 are discussed below:-
- This holds true for general and OBC aspirants.
- There is total five years relaxation for SC/ ST aspirants.
- Aspirant"s date of birth must be before August 1998.
- Final year students are also applicable.
- Aspirants required to clear 10+2 exam from a recognised board.
- 2016 to 2017 students will be considered as final year participant.
- Aspirants must have Mathematics as the compulsory subject on 10+2 exam.
- A science stream student will be given preference.
- Other compulsory subjects are physics, chemistry, biology or life science subjects.
At Least Marks Need
- The same is 55% marks in aggregate for SC, ST students.
- An at least of 60% marks is needed in aggregate in 10+2 final exam for general category students.
- Aspirants from J & K, Andhra Pradesh, and Telangana state has a quota of 15%.
NEST Application Form 2018
NEST 2018 Application Form will be available from January 1, 2018. Follow the below steps to learn how to register for NEST 2018: It can be filled online at the official website of NEST i.e. www.nestexam.in.
- Visit the official website of NEST i.e. www.nestexam.in.
- Click on the link "Apply Online" link on NEST 2018 website to access the online application page on/after January 01, 2018.
- Enter the required credentials i.e. name, a valid email id and a password of their choice in a window.
- Aspirants will then receive an email at the email id offered by them, containing a link to confirm the registration.
- After confirmation, offer the same email id & password, enter the secret code and click on "Login" in the window.
- NEST 2018 Application Procedure allows multi-session data entry.
- If the aspirant forgets their password then click "forgot password" link.
- For safety reasons, aspirants are allowed to retrieve the password only twice.
Application Fee for NEST 2018
- NISER Organizing body has completely mentioned that no center will physically collect the application fee from students.
- NEST 2018 application fee required to be paid in online mode during the time of submitting the duly filled application form.
- Below is the fee structure that NEST 2018 follows. Based on the category, participants required to pay the fee.
- It has to be paid online using credit or debit card or net banking options.
- There is no option of sending a demand draft to the council for the fee.
|Category||Application Fee Structure|
|General male aspirant||INR 700|
|General female aspirant||INR 350|
|SC/ST male aspirant||INR 350|
|SC/ST female aspirant||INR 350|
|OBC male aspirant||INR 700|
|OBC female aspirant||INR 350|
NEST Hall Ticket 2018
- No aspirant will receive NEST Admit card through e-mail or post.
- All the participants should carry the hall ticket to the NEST 2018 Exam Center along with a valid Photo ID allotted by Govt. Of India.
- Any discrepancy in the details offered during NEST 2018 Registration and mentioned on hall ticket should be immediately reported to the related authorities.
- The Admit Card is to be downloaded from NEST official website - www.nestexam.in
- Hall Ticket for NEST will be available for download from April 25, 2018.
How to download NEST Hall Ticket?
Step 1: Visit the official website of NEST i.e. www.nestexam.in
Step 2: Follow the link to download NEST Hall Ticket 2018
Step 3: Enter the provisional ID and Password received during the NEST Application Procedure.
Step 4: Verify the details on the NEST Admit card.
Step 5: Print multiple copies.
Exam Center for NEST 2018
- Aspirants have to mention the choice of NEST Exam center with the state code in which it is situated.
- NISER is the allocating authority which reserves the rights to allocate NEST Exam Center to all aspirants.
- The allotted Exam Center will be indicated on the NEST Hall Ticket.
- Aspirants must choose 5 (five) centers in order of their preference while filling up of the application form.
Exam Format for NEST 2018
NEST Exam Format describes the complete paper format, subject-wise marking scheme, distribution of marks, time period and alike. It is decided by National Institute of Science Education & Research (NISER) each year. The exam format of NEST has been same over the years.
- There will be objective (MCQ) questions will be asked.
- The examination will be conducted at multiple centers (major towns or cities) all over India on June 2, 2018 (10:00 AM to 1:00 PM).
- There will 5 sections, each of 50 marks but the general section will carry 30 marks.
- There is no negative marking in General section. However, a negative marking is applied in the subject section.
- The question paper will be published in English language only.
- The whole question paper will be consisting of 230 marks.
- It will be organized in Computer-Based Test (CBT/online exam).
- The total exam period will be 3 hours.
Syllabus for NEST 2018
There is no specific syllabus as such that NEST 2018 follows. The exam is organized into five sections. The content of the exam will depend broadly on the syllabus that aspirants studied during their standard eleventh and twelfth.
- Physics: It covers 50 marks and the topics for any standard twelfth board exam.
- Chemistry: Covers 50 marks with the class twelfth syllabus.
- Biology: Covers 50 marks and the syllabus centers around life science.
- Mathematics: It too covers 50 marks and the syllabus is from 10th standard.
- General: It covers 30 marks and general topic.
Below is the list of books one can use for preparation purpose:
|Name of the book||Publisher or author||ISBN|
|Modern ABC of Textbook Chemistry||Dr. S.P.Jauhar||9351841219|
|Aptitude Test Problems in Physics||S.S Krotov||9350941449|
|Concepts of Physics||H.C. Verma||8177091875|
|Genetic Engineering||P.S Verma||B00QUYL11W|
|Objective Biology||M.P. Tyagi and J.P Goyal||818722374X|
|Integral Calculus||Amit M. Agarwal||9311126225|
|Skills in Mathematics Coordinates Geometry for IIT JEE||S.K Goyal||9351761401|
NEST Result 2018
NEST 2018 exam result will be declared on June 18, 2018. The steps aspirants required to follow in order to check result are: The result will reflect on the official website on a tab which will read result 2018. Aspirants are advised to keep checking the official website for all important updates. The result will be available online.
- This list will focus on the participants who are selected for student counseling.
- Check the cutoff score.
- The scorecard will give a brief understanding of the merit list.
- Download the result along with response key.
- Based on the result and merit list the final list of aspirants will be announced.
- Login to official website using user id and password credentials.
- Click on result tab "NEST 2018 Result"
Counseling Procedure of NEST 2018
By July 2018 counseling for NEST 2018 will begin. The selected candidates will be allotted dates and venue for the counseling. Aspirants required to appear on the mentioned date and time on that venue for NEST Counseling. Based on the list and location of the aspirant, a venue will be suggested along with date and time. Aspirants are requested to check the official website for NEST 2018 for the list. This is the final step to get admission in the five years integrated program. They are; The final merit list is uploaded on the official website. Few important documents required to be carried.
- In case of SC and ST aspirants government certificate for class, the category is essential to submit.
- Id proof like; driving license, pan card, voter id card, adhar card, 10+2 hall ticket or any other document allocated by Government of India authority.
- In case aspirant has already done some diploma course post twelfth then the mark sheet for the same also needs.
- Mark sheets till 10+2.
- Along with mark sheet certificate is also need.
- Either of the address proofs likes; voter id card, adhar card, bank passbook, LIC policy document, ration card or any other government address proof.
- Aspirants required to carry at least three passports sized photos with themselves.
There are main two rounds that take place; one is the group discussion and the other is individual interview:
- Since it is a five-year integrated course so students required to really focus on their real aspiration towards a specific course.
- In the individual interview, aspirants are counseled and mentally prepared for the course they are aspiring.
- In group discussion aspirant"s in-depth knowledge is checked.