TANCET (Tamil Nadu Common Entrance Test) Preparation Tips for Computer Awareness 2018
Last Updated -
April 04 2018
Computers which are basic for everyone to understand while wanting a job or appearing for a competitive examination and its awareness is a must for all. This makes the Computer Awareness section to be quite important for the exams and their preparation. Today, every workstation is dependent upon computers for the purpose of the procedure. Not even a single workstation can survive without the same.
Computer awareness section of TANCET tests the aspirant’s basic understanding of Computers and its Application.
The section has a weightage of 20 marks and required a thorough preparation. Therefore, it is advised, while one prepares for the competitive exams, they must use this opportunity to not to just give the exam but also become a good computer operator.
The difficulty level of the Computer Awareness section generally relies on the earlier year questions and the level of examination and the marks scored by the aspirants in the section so far.
From the earlier experiences, it has been noticed that the difficulty level of the questions asked in computer awareness has been easy to moderate, therefore, questions are expected to remain at the same level.
Here are a few preparation tips alongside the important books to prepare for the topics to prepare and achieve a good score in the subject.
Important Topics in TANCET Computer Awareness 2018
There are several important topics from the syllabus on which the aspirant requires perfection before appearing in the examination and with the continuous exercise.
List of important topics for the exam:
|History of Computers||Computer Fundamentals|
|Parts of a Computer System||Data Procedures Cycle of a Computer|
|Computer Languages||Input Devices & Output Devices|
|Operating Systems||Database Management Systems|
|Microsoft Office||Keyboard Shortcuts|
|File Extensions||Networking and Internet|
|Computer Viruses||Important Abbreviations|
Preparation Tips To Keep Handy 2018
There are a few preparation tips that an aspirant should always keep in the top of his mind when they sit to prepare. Here are some of the most important tips to remember:
- Revision is an integral part of the preparation so, revise well and try to memorize well.
- Try to follow a regular schedule to prepare for the exam and a timetable which is achievable and timebound.
- You can also opt for online e-books and capsules that are tailor-made for every exam which also gives you a better understanding.
- Do not go for advanced level computer books for awareness at the last moment, as you may lose your confidence.
- Follow a systematic & integrated approach to finishing the course well and keep track of what you have done.
- Computer awareness is a mark fetching and less time-consuming section which can help you to complete the overall cut-offs, so it is advised to study it thoroughly and make the most out of it.
- Some of the numerical questions from a topic like number systems in the computer awareness section can also come in the exam so it is better than you are prepared for it well in advance to avoid any confusion while you sit for the main exam.
TANCET Computer Awareness Preparation Books 2018
It is very important to hold the right material in hand before you start your preparation.
Here are some of the important books to prepare from which you required in hand before you start your preparation journey-
- Computer Awareness for General Competitive Exam by Soumya Ranjan - This book helps you with theory-based questions concerned to computer awareness and also contains nearly everything that one required to be via with the basics of computers.
- Objective Question Bank of Computer Awareness for General Competitions- This book is very useful for the aspirants who have little or no knowledge of computers. It offers you knowledge from scratch to advance level. It also has an objective question bank for computer awareness.
- Objective Computer Awareness by R. Pillai- The book describes different aspects of computer basics and proceeds with providing questions that can be framed from each topic at the end of the chapter. It also helps a reader to test his or her knowledge well. The book offers model test papers for the reader to be via with the probable questions and get acquainted with the exam format.
- Objective Computer Awareness by Arihant Experts- The book has been written keeping in mind the recent format. It is cautiously designed containing exam-oriented and exam-ready content after intensive research and analysis as it provides you updated questions of examination with detailed synopsis along with the number of earlier years’ solved questions.
- Computer by Rani Ahilya- The book thoroughly covers the Computer Awareness section asked in several competitive examinations and has a series of important topics covered like Computer Organization, Database, Internet & Networking, Computer Security, Digital Electronics, Input & Output Devices, Memory, Software, MS-Office, etc. It makes sure it carries the reader to the advanced level smoothly.
Share on Whatsapp