RBI Recruitment 2018 for 27 Vacancies for Assistant
Last Updated -
February 03 2018
The Reserve Bank of India invites applications from applicable aspirants for 27 posts of “Assistant” in different offices of the Bank. Selection for the post (Special Drive for PWD aspirants-2018) will be via a country-wide competitive RBI Assistant 2018 examination in two phases i.e. Preliminary and Main examination followed by a Language Proficiency Test (LPT). Check RBI Assistant Syllabus
- Aspirants may click on the link below for filling in the online application form.
- Final selection will be on the basis of aspirant's performance in the online main examination, biometric verification and Language Proficiency Test taken together in order of merit. Check RBI Assistant Career Prospects
- Last Date for Submission of RBI Assistant Application is February 19, 2018.
- At least a Bachelor’s Degree in any branch with pass class for PWD aspirants in the aggregate and the knowledge of word processing on PC. Check RBI Assistant Eligibility
- Applications will be accepted only Online via the Bank’s website www.rbi.org.in.
- Tentatively, Prelims is scheduled for April 6 and Mains for May 7, 2018.
“Appointment for the post of Assistant” (Special Drive for PWD aspirants- 2018)
RBI Recruitment 2018 Assistant Vacancy Details
Applications are invited from applicable Indian Citizens for the post of Assistant (special drive for PwD aspirants) in Reserve Bank of India (RBI).
|Kanpur & Lucknow||1||2||1||1||5|
RBI Assistant Recruitment 2018 Eligibility Criteria
(a) Age (as on 01.01.2018)
Between 20 and 28 years. Aspirants must have been born not previous than 02/01/1990 and not later than 01/02/1998 (both days including) are only applicable to apply.
Relaxation in the Upper Age Limit:
Upper age limit will be relaxed as under:
|Category||Relaxation in Age|
|Scheduled Caste / Scheduled Tribe (SC / ST)||By 5 years, i.e. up to 33 years|
|Other Backward Classes (OBC)||By 3 years, i.e. up to 31 years|
|Persons with Disabilities (PWD)||By 10 years (GEN) 13 years (OBC) & 15 years (SC/ST)|
|Ex-Servicemen||To the extent of service rendered by them in Armed Forces plus an additional duration of 3 years subject to the maximum of 50 years.|
|Aspirants domiciled in the state of Jammu and Kashmir during the duration from 1st January, 1980 to 31st December, 1989.||By 5 years|
|Aspirants having work experience in Reserve Bank of India||To the extent of the number of years of such experience, subject to the maximum of 3 years.|
NOTE: Cumulative Age Relaxation will not be available either under the above items or in combination with any other items.
(b) Educational Qualifications (as on 01.01.2018):
- Aspirants applying for the post in a particular appointing office should be proficient in the language (i.e. know to read, write, speak and understand the language) of the state/ any of the states falling under the appointing office.
- An aspirant belonging to Ex-servicemen category should either be a graduate from a recognised University or should have passed the matriculation or its equivalent examination of the Armed Forces and rendered minimum 15 years of defense service.
- At least a Bachelor’s Degree in any branch with pass class for PWD aspirants in the aggregate and the knowledge of word processing on PC.
RBI Assistant Recruitment 2018 Scheme of Selection
a. Preliminary Examination:
|Sr. No.||Name of Tests (Objective)||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks||Total Time|
|1||English Language||30||30||Composite times of 1 Hour|
b. Main Examination:
|Sr. No.||Name of Tests (Objective)||No of Questions||Maximum Marks||Period|
|1||Test of Reasoning||40||40||30 minutes|
|2||Test of English Language||40||40||30 minutes|
|3||Test of Computer Knowledge||40||40||20 minutes|
|4||Test of General Awareness||40||40||25 minutes|
|5||Test of Numerical Ability||40||40||30 minutes|
c. Language Proficiency Test (LPT) –
The aspirants provisionally selected from the main online examination will have to undergo a language proficiency test (LPT). Aspirant not proficient in the Official/Local Language would be disqualified. The language proficiency test will be organized in the Official / Local Language of the State related.
- The above main online tests except for the Test of English Language will be available bilingually, i.e. English and Hindi.
- Aspirants will have to pass in each of the objective tests of the online examinations
- An aspirant has to qualify for Preliminary Examination for appearing in Main Examination.
- There will be negative marks for wrong responses in the Objective tests (Preliminary and Main examination).1/4th marks will be deducted for each wrong response.
- Other detailed information regarding the examination will be given in an Information Handout, which will be made available for the aspirants to download along with the call letter for examination from the RBI’s website.
- Roll No. of the aspirants successful in the preliminary online examination will be made available on RBI’s website in April 2018. The Roll No. of aspirants successful in the main online examination will be available on RBI’s website and a brief notice thereof will be published on the Bank’s website in May 2018.
- Only such number of aspirants will be called for Language Proficiency Test who stand sufficiently high in merit on the aggregate marks of the Objective Tests, such merit being decided by the Bank in relation to the number of notified vacancies to be filled in.
- Final selection will be on the basis of aspirant's performance in the online main examination, biometric verification and Language Proficiency Test taken together in order of merit.
- Recruitment of selected aspirant will be subject his/her being declared medically fit as per the rules of the Bank.
RBI Assistant Recruitment 2018 How to Apply?
Before applying online, aspirants should-
- Scan their photograph and signature ensuring that both the photograph and signature adhere to the need specifications as given under Guideline for photograph & signature scan and upload.
- Bank may send call letters for the Examination etc. via the registered e-mail ID.
- In case an aspirant does not have a valid individual e-mail ID, they should create their new e-mail ID and mobile no. before applying on-line and must maintain that email account and mobile number.
- Have a valid individual email ID and mobile no., which should be kept active till the completion of this Appointment Procedure.
- Under no circumstances, an aspirant should share with /mention email id to any other person.
Intimation Charges (Non- Refundable)
- No fee is payable for the aspirants applying for the post except the intimation charges of INR 50. Staff aspirants are exempted from payment of intimation charges.
- Payable from January 30, 2018 to February 19, 2018 (Online payment)
RBI Assistant Application Process
- Aspirants may go to the RBI website www.rbi.org.in and click on the option "Appointment for the post of Assistant " (Special drive for PWD aspirants-2018) which will open a new screen.
- To register application, choose the tab "Click here for New Registration" and enter Name, Contact details, and Email-id.
- A Provisional Registration Number and Password will be generated by the system and displayed on the screen.
- In case the aspirant is unable to clear the application form in one go, they can save the data already entered by choosing "SAVE AND NEXT" tab.
- Visually Impaired aspirants should fill the application form cautiously and verify/ get the details verified to ensure that the same is accurate prior to final submission.
- Aspirants are advised to cautiously fill and verify the details filled in the online application themselves as no change will be possible/ entertained after clicking the FINAL SUBMIT BUTTON.
- The Name of the aspirant or their Father/ Husband etc. should be spelled correctly in the application as it appears in the Certificates/ Mark sheets/Identity proof. Any change/alteration establish may disqualify the candidature.
- Validate your details and Save your application by clicking the 'Validate your details' and 'Save & Next' button.
- Aspirants can proceed to upload Photo & Signature as per the specifications are given in the Guidelines for Scanning and Upload of Photograph and Signature.
- Aspirants can proceed to fill other details of the Application Form.
- Click on the Preview Tab to preview and verify the entire application form before FINAL SUBMIT.
- Modify details, if need, and click on 'FINAL SUBMIT' ONLY after verifying and ensuring that the photograph, signature uploaded and other details filled by you are accurate.
- Click on 'Payment' Tab and proceed with payment.
- Click on 'Submit' button.
RBI Assistant Vacancy 2018 Service Conditions / Career Prospects
Pay Scale: Assistants will draw a starting basic pay of INR 14650 per month (i.e. INR 13150 plus two advance increments admissible to graduates only) in the scale of 13150-750 (3)-15400- 900(4) -19000-1200(6)-26200-1300 (2)-28800- 1480(3) – 33240 – 1750 (1)- 34990 (20 years) and other allowances, viz Dearness Allowance, House Rent Allowance, City Compensatory Allowance, Transport Allowance etc. as admissible from time to time. At current, initial monthly Gross emoluments for Assistants is approximately INR 32528/- including House Rent Allowance @ of 15 %.
Perquisites: RBI’s accommodation subject to availability, Conveyance expenses, Newspaper, Briefcase, Book Grant, Allowance for the furnishing of residence, etc. Loans and Advances at exemptional rates of interest for Housing, Car, Education, Consumer Articles, Individual Computer, etc. as per eligibility. Dispensary facility besides reimbursement of medical expenses of OPD treatment/hospitalization as per eligibility; Interest-free Festival Advance, Leave Fare Exemption (Once in two years for self, spouse and applicable dependents).
- There are reasonable prospects for promotion to higher grades.
- Selected aspirants will be initially posted in RBI’s office within the Appointment Zone for which they had applied. However, they are liable to be transferred in administrative exigencies to centers grouped and classified into West, South, North and East Zone offices as under:
- North Zone: Chandigarh (including Shimla), Jaipur, Jammu / Srinagar, Kanpur, (including Lucknow & Dehradun), New Delhi.
- East Zone: Bhubaneswar, Guwahati (including all North Eastern states excluding Gangtok), Kolkata (including Gangtok), Patna (including Ranchi)
- West Zone: Ahmedabad, Bhopal (including Raipur), Mumbai (including Belapur, Pune and Panaji), Nagpur.
- South Zone: Bengaluru, Chennai, Hyderabad, and Thiruvananthapuram (including Kochi).
RBI Assistant Vacancy 2018 Syllabus for Prelims and Mains
As mentioned above, the first two stages of the selection procedure will be based on written tests. These tests will mainly be based on the –
- English Language
- Quantitative Aptitude
- Computer Knowledge and
- General Awareness
English Language section will contain questions based on - One Word Substitution, Sentence Rearrangement, Sentence Completion, One Word Substitution, Sentence Rearrangement, Sentence Completion, Phrases Active Passive Voice, Reading Comprehension, Synonyms, Antonyms, Sentence Correction and Cloze Test topics.
Quantitative Aptitude section will contain questions based on - Time and Distance, Time and Work, HCF and LCM, Simple and Compound Interest, Problems on Trains, Average Probability, Allegations and Comparison, Permutation and Combination, Pipes & Cistern, Number System Geometry, Mensuration, Percentage, Algebra and Trigonometry topics.
Reasoning section will contain questions based on - Number Series, Blood Relations, Analogy, Odd Man Out, Number Series, Coding and Decoding, Directions Based Concept, Row Arrangements, Symbols and Statement Reading topics.
Computer Knowledge section will contain questions based on - Basic Hardware and Software, History of Computers, Devices, Viruses and Hacking topics.
General Awareness section will contain questions based on - Present Affairs, Geography, History, Political Science, Banking Awareness, RBI Terms, Emoluments and Other Benefits and RBI ACT topics.
Share on Whatsapp