OIL Recruitment through GATE 2018
Last Updated -
March 23 2018
The second largest hydrocarbon exploration and production public sector company based in India has released its appointment procedure via GATE 2018 for the position of Executive Trainee in branches of Mechanical Engineering, Geology and Geophysics.
- It is the golden opportunity for the aspirants to become a part of one of the three best energy sector PSUs in the country.
- A number of vacancies to be notified later with the final notification.
- The selected aspirants are paid a fixed stipend of Rs.25000 pm during the one year training period.
- OIL India Limited has marked an excellent development and growth of the Indian petroleum industry.
- OIL is looking for young, energetic and determined aspirants who are graduates in Mechanical Engineering and Postgraduates in Geology and Geophysics for appointment as Executive Trainees via GATE 2018.
Number of Vacancies of OIL Recruitment through GATE 2018
The posting of the selected aspirants can be in any of the operational areas/offices of OIL as per requirements of the company. The number of vacancies is to be notified yet. The services are also transferable as per requirement of the company.
Salary of OIL Recruitment through GATE 2018
The selected aspirants are paid a fixed stipend of Rs.25000 pm during the one year training period.In addition to the stipend, other benefits comprise free hostel type accommodation on sharing basis and free medical facilities for self.
After the completion of training, OIL India limited provides a very attractive salary in the industry to the executive trainees. Benefits such as leave, medical treatment, offering fund, gratuity, etc. will be admissible as per company rules in force from time to time during training/after absorption. The pay scale provideed is Rs.24,900-50,500. Apart from basic and DA, executives are entitled to other perquisites and allowances under cafeteria approach.
Application Date for OIL Recruitment through GATE 2018
The Application Procedure for Appointment of Executive Trainees by OIL begins on January 15, 2018. The aspirant should Visit the official website of OIL for applying for the post. An aspirant should have a valid GATE Registration number before applying online.
|Online Application Start Date||January 15, 2018|
|Online Application Closing Date||February 14, 2018|
Eligibility Criteria for OIL Recruitment through GATE 2018
The eligibility criteria for the job of Executive Trainee is as follow
- Full-time Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering or Technology/AIME of 4 years period recognised by AICTE with at least of 65% marks.
- Full-time Postgraduate in Geology of 2 years period recognised by UGC with Mathematics in graduation with at least of 60% marks.
- Full-time PG in Geophysics of 2 years period recognised by UGC with at least of 60% marks.
- Final year/semester students are also applicable to apply. However, they have to offer Bachelor’s Degree / PG Degree pass certificate at the time of interview.
|Post||Educational Qualification||Subject and Code|
|Executive Trainee- Mechanical||Mechanical Engineering||Mechanical Engineering (ME)|
|Executive Trainee- Geology||Post Graduate in Geology (with mathematics at graduation level)||Geology and Geophysics (GG) [Part A and section 1 of part B]|
|Executive Trainee- Geophysics||Post Graduate in Geophysics||Geology and Geophysics (GG) [Part A and section 2 of Part B]|
Reservation for OIL Recruitment through GATE 2018
Reservations will be as per Government of India directives alloted from time to time:
- Aspirants belonging to SC/ST/OBC (NCL) and PwD categories will be required to furnish valid caste certificates and PwD certificates respectively at the time of interview as per the patterns prescribed by Government of India and uploaded on OIL’s website.
- Aspirants want benefits of reservation under OBC (NCL) category should fulfil the following criterion.
2.1 The name of caste and community of the aspirant must appear in the ‘Central list of Backward Classes’.
2.2 The aspirants must furnish their OBC-NCL certificate as per the pattern prescribed by Government of India and it must not be more than 6 months old.
- The prescribed pattern of caste certificate for SC/ST/OBC (NCL) and PwD for employment in Government undertakings is downloadable from the online application site.
- No change in the community status indicated by an aspirant in his/her online application form for this examination will ordinarily be allowed.
Application Procedure for OIL Recruitment through GATE 2018
The process to apply for the online application form is explained below
- To register for appointment procedure via GATE, aspirants have to first apply for the GATE 2018.
- Once the aspirants have applied online for GATE 2018, they will receive the registration number printed on their hall ticket.
- On receipt of GATE 2018 registration number, the aspirants required to apply online for OIL ET 2017 on the official website.
- Before submitting the form, read the instructions cautiously and fill in the application form.
- After successful registration, the system will generate a Unique Registration Number. Aspirants need to keep a print out of the registration slip which will be generated by the system.
- Please ensure that the GATE 2018 registration number, which is mentioned on your GATE hall ticket, is filled up correctly. The name should also be filled up as appearing in GATE 2018 hall ticket. No request with respect to the change in any date entered by the aspirant will be entertained once the application is submitted successfully.
Selection Procedure of OIL Recruitment through GATE 2018
- Applicable aspirants will have to appear for GATE 2018.
- Aspirants will be shortlisted for the next stage of a selection procedure on the basis of GATE 2018 scores in order of merit.
- After GATE 2018 Results are released, different PSU’s announce they're cut off for recruitment of aspirants to different job profiles.
- PSU Cut off is based on different factors such as No. of Vacancies, No. of aspirants applying, Last year cut off trends etc.
- GATE Qualified aspirants are called for Individual Interview and Group Discussion and thereafter the aspirants are finally shortlisted for recruitment.
- Please note that the above Executive Trainee 2018 appointment, GATE 2018 scores will only be valid.
General Instructions for OIL Recruitment through GATE 2018
- Only Indian Nationals are applicable to apply.
- Aspirants applying for the above posts must have passed the prescribed qualifications via full-time courses.
- All qualifications should be from an Indian University / Institute recognised by AICTE / suitable statutory authority.
- No manual/paper application will be entertained.
- If any information offered by the aspirant came to be false or is not established to be in conformity with eligibility criteria mentioned in the advertisement, the aspirant may be liable to be rejected at any stage of appointment procedure.
- The email ID entered in the online application form must remain valid for minimum next one year. No change in the email id will be allowed, once entered.
- Aspirants, if shortlisted for the next stage of the selection procedure, need to bring their original GATE 2017 scorecard at the time of interview.
- OIL reserves the right to cancel / restrict / enlarge / modify / alter the appointment procedure, if required so arises, without issuing any further notice or assigning any reason whatsoever.
- The OBC aspirants who belong to “Creamy layer” are not entitled to exemption admissible to OBC-NCL.
- Legal jurisdiction will be Dibrugarh, Assam in case of any dispute.
Share on Whatsapp