KVPY (Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana) Application Form 2018
Last Updated -
March 05 2018
KVPY 2018 Application Form will be available from the 2nd week of July 2018 on the official website. Aspirants can fill and submit KVPY 2018 application form only via the online mode. The last date for registration is the 2nd week of August 2018.
- They have to upload their signature, photograph and certificates while filling the application form.
- Aspirants required to enter their individual details and academic details in the application form.
- Aspirants must take a printout of their filled KVPY 2018 application form as it can be needed in future.
- Participants need to choose their preferred test centre while filling the application form.
The application fee for KVPY 2018 is 1000 INR for aspirants under general category and 500 INR for aspirants under SC/ST/PWD category. The application fee can be paid via online (debit card/credit card and net banking) or offline (Challan) mode.
Registration Dates of KVPY 2018
Aspirants interested in appearing for KVPY 2018 must know all the important dates of the examination so that they can apply for it on time. The application dates for KVPY 2018 are listed in the table below:
|Availability of online application form||2nd week of July 2018|
|Last date of filling the application form||2nd week of August 2018|
|Availability of hall ticket||2nd week of October 2018|
|Date of examination||1st week of November, 2018|
Eligibility of KVPY 2018
Before filling KVPY 2018 application form, aspirants must check if they fulfil the at least eligibility criteria for the examination. If they apply for the examination, their application form will be cancelled by the organizing authority. Inapplicable aspirants will not be allowed to appear for KVPY 2018 examination. The eligibility criteria for KVPY 2018 are listed below:
- Aspirants should be a citizen of India.
- For Stream A
- Aspirants must have passed the 10th standard examination with Science and Mathematics.
- Aspirants must have secured an at least of 80% marks in aggregate in the 10th standard examination (70% for aspirants under SC/ST/PWD category).
- Aspirants pursuing in 11th standard (Science Stream) can apply for this examination.
- For Stream SX
- Aspirants must have obtained an at least of 80% marks in aggregate in a 10th standard examination (70% for aspirants under SC/ST/PwD category).
- Aspirants must have secured an at least of 60% marks (50% for aspirants under SC/ST/PwD category) in aggregate in the Science subjects (Physics, Chemistry, Biology) in the 12th standard examination.
- Aspirants who have completed 12th standard examination (Science Stream) can apply for this examination.
- For Stream SB
- Aspirants who are pursuing in the 1st year of the Undergraduate Program in Basic Science such as BS/B.Sc/B.Math/B.Stat etc. can apply for this examination.
- Aspirants must have obtained an at least of 60% marks (50% for aspirants under SC/ST/PwD category) in aggregate in the Science subjects (Physics, Chemistry, Biology) in the 12th standard examination.
Participants of KVPY 2018 are advised to check if they fulfil the eligibility criteria before filling the application form.
How to fill Application form KVPY 2018?
Aspirants interested in appearing for KVPY 2018 can fill and submit the application form only in the online mode. Aspirants must ensure that every detail furnished by them in the application form is genuine and accurate. KVPY 2018 application form will be available on the official website from the 2nd week of July 2018.
The steps to fill and submit KVPY 2018 application form are listed below:
- Take a printout of the filled KVPY 2018 application form for future use.
- Visit the official website for KVPY 2018 (www.kvpy.iisc.ernet.in).
- Next, you required filling the application form by login with your user ID and password.
- Pay the application fee via online or offline mode.
- You will receive an email or SMS on your registered email ID or mobile number about the user ID and password.
- The size of the signature and photograph should not be more than 80KB. They should be in JPG/JPEG pattern.
- Next, select the method of payment.
- Click on the “Submit” button after filling all the details.
- The size of the caste certificate should be 300 KB. It should be in JPG/JPEG/PDF pattern.
- You required filling your name, date of birth, mobile number, email ID, pursuing class and stream, nationality and citizenship. Please ensure that the mobile number and email ID you are entering are active as the organizing authority will communicate with the aspirants via your email ID and mobile number.
- You required uploading your scanned signature, photograph and other need certificates.
- Click on the link that says “Click here for registration”.
- The application fee is 1000 INR for aspirants under general category and 500 INR for aspirants under SC/St/PwD category.
- You have to enter your individual details, qualification details and preference of exam centre.
- After filling the details, you have to click on the “Submit” button.
If aspirants follow all the above-mentioned steps, they will be able to successfully fill and submit KVPY 2018 application form. Aspirants are advised to read all the instructions cautiously before filling the application form.
Application Form Details in the KVPY 2018
Aspirants must cautiously fill all the details that are asked on KVPY 2018 application form. They are as follows: The application form is divided into a few sections.
- Individual Details
- Mobile Number
- Name of aspirant
- Date of birth
- Email Address
- Academic Details
- Details of 12th examination- Stream, Marks Obtained, Percentage in Aggregate, Board, Year of Pass out.
- Details of 10th examination- Stream, Marks Obtained, Percentage in Aggregate, Board, Year of Pass out.
- Select exam centre
- Aspirants can select their preferred exam centre while filling the application form.
- Essential Documents
Aspirants have to upload some essential documents while filling KVPY 2018 application form. The list of documents that aspirants have to submit is as follows:
- Scanned Signature
- Scanned mark sheet of 10th and 12th examination.
- Scanned Photograph
- Scanned caste or disability certificate (if eligible)
Aspirants should be very careful while filling KVPY 2018 application form and ensure that all the details mentioned in it are accurate.
Application Form Correction of KVPY 2018
Aspirants can accurate KVPY 2018 application form till the time they have not paid the application fee and submitted the form. Therefore, aspirants are advised to verify all the details that they have entered on the application form before submitting it. Correction of application form is not possible after aspirants have submitted the application form.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Ques.1: How will I get KVPY 2018 application form?
Ans: The application form will be available on the official website (www.kvpy.iisc.ernet.in) from the 2nd week of July 2018.
Ques. Can I apply for the examination? 2: I am pursuing in Class 11 Science Stream.
Ans: Yes. You are applicable only to Stream SA.
Ques. 3: What will I do if I don’t have the need scanned size of my photograph?
Ans: If the file size is larger than what is mentioned, you required to compress the photograph to the specified size and then upload it.
Ques. 4: Can I pay the application fee via online mode?
Ans: Yes. If you opt for paying the application fee via online mode, you required to download the Challan and submit the fee.
Ques. 5: After submitting the form online, do I required to submit the application again by post?
Ques. 6: What is the application fee?
Ans: The application fee is 1000 INR for general aspirants and 500 INR for SC/ST/PwD aspirants.
Share on Whatsapp