JEE Main 2018 for International Participants
Last Updated -
March 05 2018
Foreign nationals who wish to take admission to undergraduate programs (B.Tech/Dual Degree) in different IITs required to appear in JEE Main to be organized in the first week of April 2018.
- 8 JEE Main Exam Centers can be chosen from outside India.
- Documents need by foreign nationals comprise- Visa, Passport, Residential Permit.
- JEE Main Application Procedure is same as that for Indian Nationals except for certain sections in educational qualification.
- Foreign aspirants should have passed 10+2 examination with 50% aggregate in 5 subjects. Check JEE Main Eligibility
JEE Main 2018 Application Procedure for Foreign Aspirants
The application procedure for foreign nationals is similar to that of Indian Nationals. However, there are exceptions as well.
- The field “Select the State, your School/ College/NIOS Study Centre situated from where class 12th /Qualifying Examination passed/appearing” is not to be filled by aspirants of Nepal/Bhutan/PIO/OCI/Foreign Nationals
- Select Other from the field “Board Name” if you belong to Nepal/Bhutan/PIO/OCI/Foreign Nationals
- In “Nationality” column, mark OCI/PIO/Foreign-other than PIO, OCI.
- The field ”Select State mentioned on your passport” is to be filled only if the aspirant has passed class 12th from outside India and does not belong to Nepal/Bhutan/Foreign/OCI/PIO.
Read More About JEE Main Application Form
JEE Main 2018 Application Fee For Foreign Participants
Aspirants have the option to choose their examination either in India or outside India. The application fee for the exam center outside India will be various form exam center in India
|Examination Center Opted||Appearing Papers||Offline Method Exam||Online Method Exam|
|-||Paper Type||General/OBCs (Male Aspirants) (INR)||SC/ST/PWD/All Girls (INR)||General/OBCs (INR)||SC/ST/PWD/Girls (INR)|
|FOREIGN||Either Paper 1 or 2||2500||1250||2500||1250|
|Paper 1 and 2 both||3800||1900||3800||1900|
Note: The application fee can be paid via the online method only.
Eligibility Criteria for JEE Main 2018
Foreign nationals planning to appear in JEE Main 2018 have to fulfill the following eligibility criteria before filling the Application form.
- Should have passed a qualifying exam in 2016 or 2017. Aspirants appearing in qualifying exam in 2018 are also applicable.
- For admission to B.Tech/BE course- should have secured minimum 50% in Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics (PCM).
- Born on or after October 1, 1993
- For admission to B.Arch course- should secure minimum 50% aggregate in 5 subjects with Mathematics as a subject.
Know JEE Main Eligibility Criteria
JEE Main 2018 Exam Center (Outside India)
Based on the choices filled by an aspirant in JEE Main Application Form, the exam center will be allotted. Also, the Method of examination (Online/offline) is also discussed below. Following is the list of exam center outside India, from which an aspirant can choose his preference.
|City||Pen and Paper Based Exam||Computer Based Exam|
- Paper 2 (B.Arch/ B.Planning) will be organized in the first week of April 2018 in Pen and Paper method only, also in Colombo, Kathmandu, and Singapore
- Foreign Nationals can also choose Exam Center within India if they are appearing/passed class 12 from an institute in India.
Read More About JEE Main Exam Centers
JEE Main 2018 Documents need by Foreign Nationals
There are certain documents which must be presented by the participants from outside India.
Share on Whatsapp
- Valid Foreign passport
- Student VISA For undergraduate program or No Objection Certificate (aspirants from restricted countries) from the Ministry of Human Resource Development.
- Valid residential permit in India granted for studies or a Student Visa for the prescribed period of the related program.