IES 2018 Notification released
Last Updated -
March 24 2018
IES 2018 Notification will be announced on September 27, 2017. Aspirants can register in online method only, by October 23, 2017. IES 2018 will be held offline (Pen and Paper Based) mode. As per IES Eligibility, possession of a Bachelor’s Degree in the field of engineering, from any recognised university is compulsory to register for the exam.
Almost 2 lakh aspirants fill IES Application Form each year, making it the most famous and sought services constitute of engineers that work under the Government of India to manage the public sector economy.
- Participants who qualify the Prelims exam will be only applicable for Mains exam.
- IES (Indian Engineering Service) 2018 Prelims is scheduled for January 07, 2018.
- The window for IES 2018 Application Form will be made open on September 28, 2017.
- Aspirants who will qualify both the written tests will be called for PI (Individual Interview) round.
- IES 2018 Mains are scheduled for July 01, 2018.
- IES Interview round will organize in the month of November 2018 onwards.
IES 2018 Important Dates
IES 2018 Registration will begin from September 28, 2017. Here is the clear timetable of IES 2018 Exam Date. IES 2018 Prelims is scheduled for January 07, 2018. Those who wish to apply must visit the official website of IES.
|IES 2018 Registration begins from||September 28, 2017|
|IES 2018 Application Form can be last filled by||October 23, 2017|
|IES 2018 Prelims Exam Date||January 07, 2018|
|IES 2018 Mains Exam Date||July 01, 2018|
|Date of IES 2018 Individual Interview||1st week of November 2018|
Exam Format for IES 2018
|Number of Papers ||2||2||-|
|Nature of Papers||Objective type||Conventional type||-|
|Time Duration||Paper 1 – 2 hours||Both Paper 1 and 2 will be organized for 3 hours||-|
|Paper 2 – 3 hours|
|Negative Marks||0.33 marks will be deducted for wrong responses||No Negative Marking||No Negative Marking|
IES 2018 Prelims Exam
- Prelims are divided into 2 sections – Paper 1 and Paper 2.
- All the questions will be in MCQ (Multiple Choice Questions) pattern.
- IES 2018 Prelims is scheduled to be organized on January 07, 2018.
- The course for both papers is different.
- Aspirants have to attempt 120 questions in each paper.
- Paper 1 will ask questions on General Studies and Engineering Aptitude while Paper II will be based on the particular stream (Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering and Electrical and Telecommunication Engineering).
|Sections||Paper I||Paper II||Total|
|Time Duration||2 hours||3 hours||5 hours|
| Marks||200 Marks||300 Marks||500 Marks|
|Number of Questions||120 Questions||120 Questions||240 Questions|
|Questions Pattern||MCQ (Multiple Choice Questions)|
|The medium of Paper||English Only|
IES 2018 Mains Exam
- The syllabus for this varies course-wise and is various for both papers.
- Aspirants who successfully qualify IES Prelims will be applicable for this stage.
- IES 2018 Mains will be held on July 01, 2018.
- Both papers carry equal weight.
- IES Mains exam format is same for all streams.
- The medium of the exam is English only.
- The exam is scheduled in offline mode.
|Paper I (CE/ EE/ ME /CE)||3 hours||300|
|Paper II (CE/ EE/ ME /CE)||3 hours||300|
IES 2018 Selection Process
IES ESE 2018 Selection Process includes 3-staged procedures as follows –
- The final result will be declared after the analysis of reports or marks obtained in the final round or an aggregate of all the three rounds will be judged to form the final merit list.
- The score obtained in the Mains examination will determine the qualification of students for the individuality test on the basis of merit list.
- Aspirants who qualify stage 1 are applicable for the Stage 2 procedure.
IES 2018 Pay Scale –
- The gross amount in total would be INR 47,000 and soon it's going to be 2.26 times due to 7th pay commission.
- All aspirants who’ll qualify all the three examinations and will make way via this three-staged procedure will be provided a Basic pay of INR 15,600 along with a Grade Pay of INR 5400 with added incentives like DA, HRA etc.
IES Officer Salary – INR 15,600 (Basic) + INR 5,400 (Grade Pay) + DA + HRA
Share on Whatsapp